r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6 Update

* [uPDATED] - Deer stands has it's own loot table (Hunting).

What exactly does this mean? That there are different items than used to be there, that they spawn at different rates?

• Like 1

Wouldn't the opposite make more sense? Keep the texture to add some unique looks to the game, but name them all the same in the gear screen?

Otherwise, there's no point in having more food/drink variation. The whole purpose was to find different items ingame, increase the loot table size.

Sorry, yes, that makes more sense - I'm not sure how this stuff works.

As long as we can get past all this and move on.

Edited by John Smith

A good compromise could be keeping the names but removing the packaging.

Having unbranded cans means you get a nice little surprise everytime you crack one open.

How about making the names cyrillic (or new names) to save some of the time and effort Joey and Elvaron put in to the texturing. It'd be a shame to see all their hard worlk completely shat on with no thanks at all.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

How about making the names cyrillic (or new names) to save some of the time and effort Joey and Elvaron put in to the texturing. It'd be a shame to see all their hard worlk completely shat on with no thanks at all.

They did everything for the models even the code.

• Like 3

This is HORRIBLE! Fix those names, this game will be destroyed if you take away the immersion and start naming things "Derp" and "mZLY yZLY".

Really, I've played this game since June and it's been fun and immersive. Start naming shit like a brony and you will lose fans.

• Like 2

How about Joey and Elvaron make a food item for every single player in DayZ?

That way i am sure everyone will be happy and there will be no complaints at all.

• Like 2

Well now I'm just really pissed off.

• Like 2

This is HORRIBLE! Fix those names, this game will be destroyed if you take away the immersion and start naming things "Derp" and "mZLY yZLY".

Really, I've played this game since June and it's been fun and immersive. Start naming shit like a brony and you will lose fans.

What if Nom Nom Meatballs were included?

• Like 3

Congrats on your first post, I look forward to an insightful second effort.

If you've been playing since June and not once made a post to tell the devs what you would like to see in upcoming patches then you don't really have a leg to stand on, they're not telepathic.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

How about Joey and Elvaron make a food item for every single player in DayZ?

That way i am sure everyone will be happy and there will be no complaints at all.

How about we rename all named cans into "ACME Fun Food", when you try to drink it one of those little devils jumps out of the can and knocks you out?

• Like 1

I am fucking disgusted with this community right now.

This is ridiculous, I mean, how ungrateful can you get? Joey spent hours working on these items as a TRIBUTE to you guys, and now his name is being tarnished across the DayZ messageboards, as if he is some kind of bad guy.

EDIT: Sorry, DemonGroover, wrong quote.

Edited by Ingasmeeg
  • Like 2

I am fucking disgusted with this community right now.

This is ridiculous, I mean, how ungrateful can you get? Joey spent hours working on these items as a TRIBUTE to you guys, and now his name is being tarnished across the DayZ messageboards, as if he is some kind of bad guy.

I think you'll find he was being sarcastic and defending the new foodstuff.

• Like 1

Dziękuję!

I see your chengqueeh, and raise you one solid yakshemash.

Amazing, there is basically ignorance from both sides. The players and the forum administration.

This is the alpha version, for sure... but stuff like this food will prevent some people from buying the standalone,

as it adds some weird food with forum-names into the game... totally without sense.

It was meant as a joke and appreciation for the mods... that for sure,

but it has been added at a wrong moment, while the game itself is full of bugs.

You can do such things when the game is fine or the SA has been released, but not during development... simple.

...but hey... I don't care. I can't mod any game but I can do other stuff. I buy stuff (like Arma 2) and use it.

Seriously, some Moderators say that there is no grace for the Developers of this game... they are totally wrong.

DayZ was the main factor why Arma 2 is exploding in sales... is that not enough grace for the developers?

Dean Hall was even hired by Bohemia and I guess some others as well!

I do earn money and I spent money.

If this game does no longer grantee quality and integrity, I will quit using it or will never decide to buy it (SA).

Stuff like the grammar failures and this weird food are factors for bad quality of a product.

Edited by YassirX
  • Like 3

There must be a way for those guys to get the recognition they deserve but also placate what seems to be some quite vehement detractors.

Ignorance is not understanding the work these guys put into the continuation of the mod and all they get is whining and moaning about insignificant things like cans of soda, while the rest of their work gets ignored.

If the addition of things like this will prevent you from buying another game then i fear you wont be missed. It is a pretty lame excuse to use and honestly - i dont believe you.

• Like 3

Ignorance is not understanding the work these guys put into the continuation of the mod and all they get is whining and moaning about insignificant things like cans of soda, while the rest of their work gets ignored.

If the addition of things like this will prevent you from buying another game then i fear you wont be missed. It is a pretty lame excuse to use and honestly - i dont believe you.

...but that's what the majority does. They look at the bad things first and only if there is nothing to complain they will be graceful.

Again, I'm warning everybody that this tiny addition is unnecesary and leads to confusion (as can be seen here in the thread).

I totally forget to mention that people get disconnected when eating the new food as it is not recognized by Battle-Eye,

so there has been a lot of testing before this has been thrown on the live-server, I guess.

The mod and the SA are two separate entities.

Sure they are... but people will always combine the DayZ(1.XX) with DayZ(2.0) and that's totally normal,

because the Alpha is the development for the final product.

Edited by YassirX
  • Like 1