r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6 Update

Hello,

We had fixed the new update, but we have restriction 21# on our server.

Do u have any idea about any issues ?

Thx a lot.

wow you see guys doing here some stuff , i almost guess for free, especially for a free to download mod in their spare time....and you really dislike the idea that there is some form of tribute?

so if all their names would be translated into cyrillic that would be fine then?!

this tribute even came from us - the community

simply get over it

Nobody is raging here, I just think it breaks the immersion. Also, where are "Dean's Beans", in that case, then?

No, if there names where to be translated it would make no difference to me. You don't see "Gabe's Candy" in Half-Life 2.

I personally don't like the feature, I appreciate the work done for the mod and the community as much as anyone else. I'm entitled to my opinion, and feel like the items do not fit anywhere in the DayZ world.

I presume you'd pronounce it "Mizzley Yizzley".

I see what you mean though, a slightly more post-soviet thematic version of the sodas and food would've be good. On the other hand, its a decent replacement for not being able to use the name brand stuff due to corporate PR silliness. Either way, it doesn't really kill it for me.

Thanks for replying. It's not a game-breaker or anything, I just don't feel like it fits well with the DayZ atmosphere.

These guys feel the same way:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/197801/so_the_guys_working_on_the_mod_now_basically_just/

Edited by Spunk Mayo
  • Like 1

If you want it so much, why not try and design something cool to put on it? I made the logo for the trail mix, you could ask Elvaron or Joey nicely and send them a texture/logo and maybe they'll do it for you! :D

i once tried to open mspaint...computer said no..(it's a metaphor for me being such a badass grafic artist ;)...why else would i insist soo much if could really do it by myself :()

AND btw i'm trying to establish my own personal running gag...hell yeah...

Edited by joe_mcentire

The food should pertain to Chernarus, not the mod devs and some friends. It's fine to wave your e-peen around a little but this is WAY beyond realistic. mZLY yZLY soda? How do I even pronounce that?

who cares? there's "food" and "drink". why does it matter what it's called?

- (Soda) R4Z0R soda (R4Z0R)

- (Soda) Smasht (Smasht)

- (Beer) Rabbitman (Rabbitman)

- (Can) Bad Guy's Ubiquitous Peaches (UbiquitousBadGuy)

- (Can) Chef Boneboy Ravioli (Boneboys)

- (Can) Curgon's Chicken Noodle Soup (Curgon)

- (Can) Demon Groves Green Beans (DemonGroover)

- (Can) FraggleOs (Fraggle)

I see this mod gonna Easter Egg mode...

Edited by Dudeist

Just updated via commander - not seeing any servers at all :-\

Tried Arma 2 Norm browser - same problem ? Even filtered 1.7.6 and still nothing..

Updated Arma 2 beta as req and dayz 1.7.6,, Any ideas why I may not be seeing any 1.7.6 servers in DayZ Cmdr & Arma Browser ?

"Hey guy's lets all wave our E-peens around and put a bunch of bullshit food that nobody asked for in and not even mention Rocket or any other of the original Devs!" Who thought this was a good idea? Seriously? A majority of this patch was cool but why just flat out break the immersion of the game? Disappointing to say the least.

Edit: Seeing a lot of people going "it's easter eggs!". How..? An easter egg is meant to be something secret a player has to find, this is just them waving their E-peens around as though they own the place.

Edited by WhatTheFlup

Who thought this was a good idea? Seriously? <<< Every update is passed by Dean so yea :-)

• Like 1

ok so if soda cans are the immersion breaker of the game...then i guess i set my priorities completely wrong all the time.

i'll have to reset:

why do zombies do not behave like real zombies dean?! huh? you care to explain that, dean?!

Edited by joe_mcentire

ok so if soda cans are the immersion breaker of the game...then i guess i sat my priorities completely wrong all the time.

It's the little things that create immersion, it's the things that make the game real and lifelike that create immersion, using names that would never bloody exist BREAKS IMMERSION.

• Like 1

"Hey guy's lets all wave our E-peens around and put a bunch of bullshit food that nobody asked for in and not even mention Rocket or any other of the original Devs!" Who thought this was a good idea? Seriously? A majority of this patch was cool but why just flat out break the immersion of the game? Disappointing to say the least.

Edit: Seeing a lot of people going "it's easter eggs!". How..? An easter egg is meant to be something secret a player has to find, this is just them waving their E-peens around as though they own the place.

We didn't ask for these brands so there's no e-peen waving going on. It was a community effort that we had nothing to do with.

I must say I'm a tad dissapointed though, I already had my next delicious treat planned, you'd have loved it.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Well, maybe it's a wise decision to remove the added food or change its name to a more realistic kind in a hotfix.

I think this new food is adding to much confusion and is distracting from the other really good improvements with 1.7.6.

I have to agree that all those grammar failures are somehow a little confusing, does nobody check the announcement before its posted?

I like the patch (gameplay-wise)... but as I said, the food is adding confusion and should be removed (most of the players seem to think that way).

Edited by YassirX

My main problem with the new food and drink names is the amount of space and time they take. Instead of being able to look in your backpack inventory and see what you have quickly you now will have to scroll down forever to see what is in there. You already had 6 different kinds of meat to deal with now you add several new food and drink options. The inventory and pack UI is already a pita to deal with and you just made it much worse.

• Like 1

The food should pertain to Chernarus, not the mod devs and some friends. It's fine to wave your e-peen around a little but this is WAY beyond realistic. mZLY yZLY soda? How do I even pronounce that?

Realistic, as opposed to what? The walking dead? Sprinting at 18kp/h with a backpack full of car parts and an M107? C'mon man.

• Like 1

It's the little things that create immersion, it's the things that make the game real and lifelike that create immersion, using names that would never bloody exist BREAKS IMMERSION.

holy...there are a punch of arma engine flaws which limit the way dayz "should" behave and are well some sort of immersion-breakers, the brand of acan of beans...well i guess i can overlook that detail, but yes of course personal preferences i guess

edit:

Well, maybe it's a wise decision to remove the added food or change its name to a more realistic kind in a hotfix.

I think this new food is adding to much confusion and is distracting from the other really good improvements with 1.7.6.

I have to agree that all those grammar failures are somehow a little confusing, does nobody check the announcement before its posted?

I like the patch (gameplay-wise)... but as I said, the food is adding confusion and should be removed (most of the players seem to think that way).

if this really distracts one from the very important fixes that also came along with that update one should really reconsider ..well i guess everything.

Edited by joe_mcentire

holy...there are a punch of arma engine flaws which limit the way dayz "should" behave and are well some sort of immersion-breakers, the brand of acan of beans...well i guess i can overlook that detail, but yes of course personal preferences i guess

You take what you can get in the current engine in my eyes, I try to immerse myself as much as possible despite (as you said) the many flaws, so adding these items just hinders the immersion more than it helps it. As i said, the rest of the patch is cool (Minus no combat rolling indoors) and im glad it's out, but the food items are just stupid, not to mention the fact that i get kicked every time i try to eat/drink.

My main problem with the new food and drink names is the amount of space and time they take. Instead of being able to look in your backpack inventory and see what you have quickly you now will have to scroll down forever to see what is in there. You already had 6 different kinds of meat to deal with now you add several new food and drink options. The inventory and pack UI is already a pita to deal with and you just made it much worse.

Now this is a legitimate gripe. I see what you're saying. Maybe try to go back to fewer types of meat. Or better yet, keep the variation in the texture on the cans etc and make them all stack into one pile. If that's even possible.

• Like 2

(most of the players seem to think that way).

Most of the players are playing and not complaining here. If they get removed can someone grab a tin of Fraggelo's please, I want to cherish it.

Edited by Fraggle

Most of the players are playing and not complaining here. If they get removed can someone grab a tin of Fraggelo's please, I want to cherish it.

They're not complaining here sure, but you should go look at reddit, THEN you'll see the majority of the complaints.

• Like 1

Everyone is blowing this food thing way out of proportion.

"IT'S BREAKING MY IMMERSIONZ!!1!#@ QQQQQQQQQ"

How? Do you sit in your gear looking at the name of your food and having a mental breakdown?

I don't know about everyone else but my immersion came from the tense situations like encountering another player or desperately searching for a bandage or some morphine while I'm bleeding out or my legs are broken, not because my drink is the same as one I can get from my local store.

Seriously guys...

• Like 2

who cares? there's "food" and "drink". why does it matter what it's called?

Everyone is blowing this food thing way out of proportion.

"IT'S BREAKING MY IMMERSIONZ!!1!#@ QQQQQQQQQ"

How? Do you sit in your gear looking at the name of your food and having a mental breakdown?

I don't know about everyone else but my immersion came from the tense situations like encountering another player or desperately searching for a bandage or some morphine while I'm bleeding out or my legs are broken, not because my drink is the same as one I can get from my local store.

Seriously guys...

I've already stated why, it breaks immersion, and clutters up an already broken inventory system. If they called the M16 "pew pew jesus gun" and the AK47 "IN SOVIET RUSSIA", people would be a little more upset, because those are more "worthwhile" items in the game.

It's the little things that make this game good. Putting real-world names in all over the place for your e-peen is just against what this game is about, IMO.

While we're at it, why not have Dean riding a lawn mower, and maybe even make all the zombies sound like JackFrags. I mean, they're just sounds, right?

Read this, please:

http://www.reddit.co...basically_just/

Edited by Spunk Mayo
  • Like 4