Antipop (DayZ)

Want to host a DayZ Server? Read in here.

I guess at this point we might have to wait until a more-streamlined method of whitelisting servers is created. I hope but won't demand that doing so is a priority of the dev team.

Hi guys!

Sorry for the long wait.

We're in the process of switching over some email solutions so response times are delayed.

At the moment we're prioritizing serverhosters who can run more than 1x 50 slot instance.

Who has decent bandwidth and stable connectivity.

Your IP MUST be static. We cant keep whitelisting your IP if your IP is dynamic.

// Ander

I got unlimited bandwidth donno if i added that to mail. >.< ah well guess i will remake the mail a bit and try again.

Hi guys!

Sorry for the long wait.

We're in the process of switching over some email solutions so response times are delayed.

At the moment we're prioritizing serverhosters who can run more than 1x 50 slot instance.

Who has decent bandwidth and stable connectivity.

Your IP MUST be static. We cant keep whitelisting your IP if your IP is dynamic.

// Ander

I'm slightly confused now. I contacted one of your staff regarding my server assigned a dynamic WAN IP and they said it was fine. I have a domain tied to a DNS service updating the IP; does your system allow domains to be white listed or only IPs?

Hello,

I send an e-mail three days ago, about hosting a server on Brazil.

We already have some game servers, hosting wont be a problem.

Just to know if you received the email.

Thank You,

Me.

Hi,

I sent an email in yesterday. Hopefully you guys take time to review it. Thanks!

Can somone officiall comment on how delayed the approval process is now. We rented two days ago from a provider that already has several servers up and running, which in my world unless they have misbehaved in the past should be an easy process.

How long can we expect to wait until we are approved?

Thank you from Sweden

hello, sorry for reminders, but our IP 95.141.32.144 yet to date there has been added tothe whitelist, and so this situation is bringing us discomfort.

If more please if you can in short time possible to insert ourselves in the whitelist, oralternatively to answer us on this email

I would be interested in hosting a DayZ server if the rules and some of the workings were changed.

This is my two cents:

I own and operate a very large minecraft server that in my opinion has been very successful and provides a greatly enhanced gameplay experience to the players.

The key to the success of the minecraft multiplayer community as a whole and the popularity it attracts is the customization and the private enterprise.

A server file is provided for public download and modders are allowed to edit that as they see fit and provide a platform for further modifications (such as with the server mod bukkit) and through this system an enormous network of customization for server owners is developed.

By using this customization, each privately run server can take the game and make it whatever their players want, greatly enhancing the experience and re-playability of the game.

Such a system puts no load on the makers of the mod except for the bandwidth to download it (which is already being used to download DayZ) and would alleviate the significant burden of having a centrally managed network of servers.

Customizing the servers no doubt enhances the variety and quality of the experience for the players, but privatization has a marked effect as well. There are (as is apparent in the replies to this thread) many people who would love to host servers but because of the restrictions on whitelists, customization, community organizing and protections, are unwilling to do so. Many of the people being scared away are the most skilled people who could add a great deal of quality to the experience of the players, some of whom would only take part if they could create a private enterprise where their hard work is rewarded.

If a vibrant system of private servers were to be established, server lists, community sites, server websites, advertising and increased exposure would soon follow as the players were allowed to use the great potential and existing quality of the DayZ mod in all the ways they please.

Many things take time and development focus such as allowing linux servers, creating a more stable and accessible build-based server file system, and allowing connection to private servers, and I do not think any reasonable person expects improvements to happen all at once, but I hope the points I have made are considered in terms of the long term development of this tremendous multiplayer open-world mod.

Strange that the server is run from the game client in Windows (I assume). Standalone FPS servers have been around for ages. I wonder if this is an ArmA II engine issue, or specific to the mod.

I'm also curious about the bandwidth. 2TB per month seems like a ton of bandwidth for a single server. Is this because of the Day Z persistent world DB features, or is it normal for ArmA II?

I'm thinking of running a Los Angeles server--to my knowledge, there isn't one yet.

Is it recommended to run dual Xeons for a single 50 slot server, or should I be ok with just 1 CPU?

I would, along with a few in this thread, like to host a DayZ server through NFO Servers. I only use NFO as they are above an beyond every other server provider IMO.

I dont have the cash to rent a ded server from them to get shell access. I would be renting by the slot. The DayZ devs need to get support up for this. The servers online now are overloaded. Too many players, not enough servers. Seeing as most server providers ded server options having bandwidth restrictions well under what this mod needs, what we are getting is a ton of servers that arent the high quality this mod needs, resulting in a lot of lag, higher pings.

Couple with that the strict conditions imposed ie. no reserved slotting for paying members of our communities to help provide servers for our players and more servers for dayz. I dont see the point in a group hosting a server if they cant get in said server to play.

So, like myself, im sure a ton of other potential server admins arent getting dayz servers set up due to this. Im chalking up alot to it being alpha and you devs wanting to keep things on a tight leash for the time being. I myself have been running ded servers in my community for 11 years now and i feel things are way to restrictive for quality hosting options and experienced admins to want to consider setting up dayz servers.

My question is, is things going to loosen up or is it in the plan to keep DayZ so tight with the limited server hosting options?

The potential for abuse of your current system is scary as well. Lets say I ban a person for racism. He then decides to report our server for admin abuse, getting us blacklisted. What proof is required by the player to provide to ensure decent servers arent just getting trolled by jilted players?

DayZ guys ive emailed and pmed but as yet no reply's if you dont want anymore servers running could you just say as much, im getting ear bashed by my clannies about getting this running.

Thx

Dev/admin team, please inform your static public IP's here so they can be opened in the game server firewalls.

No we have to send useless emails requesting your IP addresses and waiting your reply.

I'm not opening remote desktop to the whole internet!

so far waited 1 week, got 2 responses of 2 different guys. Sent back everything they wanted to know and still waiting for response again... the volume of mails must be huge but perhaps add more people who takes care of the server ID requests..

it seems a lot of people are waiting for their servers...i really like Dayz and i hope we can get a good server from south america...So if you see one support them because we dont have :(..There are some BR but they work very bad...worst than playing from USA lol.