Sign in to follow this  
Xianyu

Replace M107/AS50 with less effective russian equivalent

I doubt one shot from a .50 would take out an armoured vehicle, especially since most armoured vehicles nowadays are able to stop .50 calibre rounds.

Anyways, reviewing my stance, I want the AS50 out of the game, pronto. Stick it on the ban list... I'm fine with the M107 but the AS50 has to go.

m107 still too powerful for a survival game, if people want one AM rifle to take out helicopters or vehicles, go with the M99 bolt action, single shot sniper. It serves that purpose well and isnt unbalanced as semi auto, people shredder .50 semis.

Obviously elektro hill snipers wont like it a bit, but that doesnt matter at all.

Why does there have to be big guns at all. No AS50s, M107s, M82s, PTRDs, PTRS-41s, KSVKs, OSV-96s or any other tacticool snipper rifle for 1337 snipers. I love PvP and PvE in this game but I feel sniping with the highest-tech gear possible isn't really something for DayZ.

I my opinion, a large part of the community is spoiled with tactic-cool gear. I hope Rocket and team remove it, because personally I think it has have no place in DayZ.

I feel fighting in the streets with shotguns, pistols, and knives with a side of Zeds, is WAY more fun than having a sniper duel. Especially because ArmA 2's sniper simulation is lacking in certain aspects. Hopefully guns, knives, and every other bloody fucking weapon is more deadly. Everytime I hear about someone surviving 10+ shots from a GUN in DayZ, a part of me dies.

IRL I don't feel like any average person without body armor could take a shot from a 9x18 caliber weapon and remain standing. I am NOT AN EXPERT but I can't imagine by self or any other average citizen taking a bullet and not evening flinching like the current mod. I understand that during an adrenaline rush, someone could maybe take a shot, but taking more than 3 shots from ANY gun seems absolutely absurd.

Even caliber's like 5.56x45 which receive criticism for not being deadly, are EXTREMELY good at wounding people. In a war, it is often better to wound an enemy combatant so that other personnel have to be diverted to save the wounded individual. I feel this should be represented in DayZ. If your character gets hit by 5.56x45, 5.45x39 or some other intermediate caliber the character should be knocked down. Simply bandaging should not be good enough. Eventually the bullet would have to be removed, if it didn't already exit the body. It should be necessary to bandage multiple times to stop the critical bleeding. Your character should pass out in seconds from pain and blood loss much like the ACE mod, if shot. If you pass out, it is very possible that you would bleed out while immobilized. This could frustrate some people, but I feel like it would add authenticity, which, I think, is more important.

Large rounds should be lethal. I find it ridiculous that someone can survive a hit from 7.62x51mm NATO or 7.62x54mmR (or other variants like 7.62x54mm 7N1, or 7N11). Those bullets are HUGE and I don't no how anyone could live through a hit from one of those guns. If some ones knows otherwise, send me a link, but currently I can't imagine anyone living from a sucessful hit from .303 British, .30-06, 7.62x51, .308 and .300 Magnum, or anyother full size rifle bullet. The muzzle velocity on those large weapons is VERY high

Sorry for my rant but after seeing many of the post in this thread, I felt people are misinterpreting what DayZ game will be like. I HIGHLY doubt Rocket will let his game turn into a sniper/machine gun fest. The mod is currently a sniper/machine gun fest and I doubt that was Dean's original idea.

• Like 1

Why does there have to be big guns at all. No AS50s, M107s, M82s, PTRDs, PTRS-41s, KSVKs, OSV-96s or any other tacticool snipper rifle for 1337 snipers. I love PvP and PvE in this game but I feel sniping with the highest-tech gear possible isn't really something for DayZ.

I my opinion, a large part of the community is spoiled with tactic-cool gear. I hope Rocket and team remove it, because personally I think it has have no place in DayZ.

I feel fighting in the streets with shotguns, pistols, and knives with a side of Zeds, is WAY more fun than having a sniper duel. Especially because ArmA 2's sniper simulation is lacking in certain aspects. Hopefully guns, knives, and every other bloody fucking weapon is more deadly. Everytime I hear about someone surviving 10+ shots from a GUN in DayZ, a part of me dies.

IRL I don't feel like any average person without body armor could take a shot from a 9x18 caliber weapon and remain standing. I am NOT AN EXPERT but I can't imagine by self or any other average citizen taking a bullet and not evening flinching like the current mod. I understand that during an adrenaline rush, someone could maybe take a shot, but taking more than 3 shots from ANY gun seems absolutely absurd.

Even caliber's like 5.56x45 which receive criticism for not being deadly, are EXTREMELY good at wounding people. In a war, it is often better to wound an enemy combatant so that other personnel have to be diverted to save the wounded individual. I feel this should be represented in DayZ. If your character gets hit by 5.56x45, 5.45x39 or some other intermediate caliber the character should be knocked down. Simply bandaging should not be good enough. Eventually the bullet would have to be removed, if it didn't already exit the body. It should be necessary to bandage multiple times to stop the critical bleeding. Your character should pass out in seconds from pain and blood loss much like the ACE mod, if shot. If you pass out, it is very possible that you would bleed out while immobilized. This could frustrate some people, but I feel like it would add authenticity, which, I think, is more important.

Large rounds should be lethal. I find it ridiculous that someone can survive a hit from 7.62x51mm NATO or 7.62x54mmR (or other variants like 7.62x54mm 7N1, or 7N11). Those bullets are HUGE and I don't no how anyone could live through a hit from one of those guns. If some ones knows otherwise, send me a link, but currently I can't imagine anyone living from a sucessful hit from .303 British, .30-06, 7.62x51, .308 and .300 Magnum, or anyother full size rifle bullet. The muzzle velocity on those large weapons is VERY high

Sorry for my rant but after seeing many of the post in this thread, I felt people are misinterpreting what DayZ game will be like. I HIGHLY doubt Rocket will let his game turn into a sniper/machine gun fest. The mod is currently a sniper/machine gun fest and I doubt that was Dean's original idea.

As a lot of people have said, the human body can survive a lot and instakills should be rare. I do agree with you, though, guns should be far more lethal. There should be more gunshot wounds that are an almost definite kill, even if not a quick one, and gunshots should be a lot more difficult to recover from. Also, more of injuries having permanent effects, and a knockout screen similar to ACE would be cool too.

For fucks sake people, I don't know how many times I have to say this.

BALANCE IS NOT A MAIN ELEMENT OF DAYZ.

The reason dayz is so different from other games is because of its complete lack of balance. You can be killed at any moment and lose everything and that's what the allure of the game is. Stop bitching about the .50 cals because they are "too OP". Deal with it, play the game, and stop being such an easy target.

• Like 2

@bluecrackers:

Balance isn't an element of DayZ, realism is. The AS50 does 5 times as much damage as the M107. The AS50 does more damage than a 25mm HE round. I think it even does more damage than 30mm rounds. That's unrealistic and that's why I have a problem with it.

Keep the M107, remove the AS50 (or make it do a realistic amount of damage).

Or just replace both with the KSVK, I don't really care as long as it's changed. I don't like knowing that there are ridiculous inconsistencies between various weapons...

@Vindicator

I see where you're coming from however I don't want to see standard military weapons like the M16s and AKs removed from DayZ. I don't care terribly either way about the .50s. If anything it sounds like the standalone will have more "tacticool" guns... Rocket was talking about lots of different scopes and attachments, and as everyone knows rails and attachments the epitome of tacticool. I hope they keep things real... I don't want every gun to look like something Gecko45 dreamed up.

(For example, an AKM. Forget about simply attaching things, the receiver cover is NOT friendly to optics and unless you have tools and an aftermarket rail system or a Soviet side mount you are not going to be putting anything on it).

I kinda hope the standalone doesn't let you customize EVERY gun because on some guns would just not be worth the trouble and random Chernarussian AKs are not all going to have Picatinny rails... probably none would.

As for the damage, I would like to see:

1. More hit locations

2. Semi-random damage, the effect depending on the caliber and the location hit but also allowing for the occasional feat of survival or lucky kill shot

• Like 1

@Vindicator

I see where you're coming from however I don't want to see standard military weapons like the M16s and AKs removed from DayZ. I don't care terribly either way about the .50s. If anything it sounds like the standalone will have more "tacticool" guns... Rocket was talking about lots of different scopes and attachments, and as everyone knows rails and attachments the epitome of tacticool. I hope they keep things real... I don't want every gun to look like something Gecko45 dreamed up.

(For example, an AKM. Forget about simply attaching things, the receiver cover is NOT friendly to optics and unless you have tools and an aftermarket rail system or a Soviet side mount you are not going to be putting anything on it).

I kinda hope the standalone doesn't let you customize EVERY gun because on some guns would just not be worth the trouble and random Chernarussian AKs are not all going to have Picatinny rails... probably none would.

As for the damage, I would like to see:

1. More hit locations

2. Semi-random damage, the effect depending on the caliber and the location hit but also allowing for the occasional feat of survival or lucky kill shot

I still want some high tech guns like M16s and M4s. I don't really have a problem with SMGs, Assualt Rifles, and most other guns. It is stupid to me how many people in this thread are QQing about not having a .50 cal sniper. The community has been spoiled by this ridiculous weapons. I can't wait till the mod removes them.

The whole customization system does make certain weapons tactic-cool but I can't complain about a new feature.

For fucks sake people, I don't know how many times I have to say this.

BALANCE IS NOT A MAIN ELEMENT OF DAYZ.

The reason dayz is so different from other games is because of its complete lack of balance. You can be killed at any moment and lose everything and that's what the allure of the game is. Stop bitching about the .50 cals because they are "too OP". Deal with it, play the game, and stop being such an easy target.

I agree. The game is about authenticity/realism. The sniping simulation in Arma is not really that authentic or realistic. That is why I have a problem with it. It doesn't mesh well with DayZ. For me, it has never been about balance. I feel like sniper duels for the lolz would never happen in an Apocalypse and I dislike how it breaks immersion.

• Like 2

As a lot of people have said, the human body can survive a lot and instakills should be rare. I do agree with you, though, guns should be far more lethal. There should be more gunshot wounds that are an almost definite kill, even if not a quick one, and gunshots should be a lot more difficult to recover from. Also, more of injuries having permanent effects, and a knockout screen similar to ACE would be cool too.

Seems legit. I am not an expert on gunpowder ballistics and everyone on this forum probably has a unique POV on ballistics. I can't wait to see how the new medical system deals with bullet/shrapnel wounds. I hope the simulation is up to par, because the current medical system does a piss poor job at representing the process to survive a bullet hitting you.

Using a single band-aid and then eating a porkchop is the way to survive a bullet. I can't believe that actually works! :lol:

If the pictures i saw were really 5.56 hits ( claimed beeing shot from 10m up to the effective bullet range - not 200m+ ) then i guess no one would walk away just like that and shoot back like they only recieved a fleshwound...Doesn't really matter which bullet it was in the end because whatever caused it made the limbs look like bursted sausages, chunks were missing.

• Like 1

If the pictures i saw were really 5.56 hits ( claimed beeing shot from 10m up to the effective bullet range - not 200m+ ) then i guess no one would walk away just like that and shoot back like they only recieved a fleshwound...Doesn't really matter which bullet it was in the end because whatever caused it made the limbs look like bursted sausages, chunks were missing.

The effectiveness of weapons is always a hot topic on the internet. Like I said earlier everyone has opinions about guns and ballistics. I agree with you though, I think 5.56 is very effective in the 50-300 range. Ballistics are sooo complicated that bullets can sometimes do different amounts of damage (less or more )at very close ranges compared to a couple hundred meters.

Some strange calibers like 9x39mm (all the variants like PAB-9, SP-5, and SP-6) are subsonic, armor piercing, and very deadly but are subsonic. This means they have no sonic boom and are much quieter. The round is used in Russian special weaponry. This is just goes to show that bullets/ballistics are weird and MANY factors play into effectiveness.

Here is a list of things I can think of off the top of my head that effect a bullet's ballistics. Keep in mind, I AM NOT AN EXPERT!!!!

-width (this is obvious. 12.7 is bigger than 5.56 and is heavier when it hits)

-length. I don't really know how it effects a bullet but surely it does.

-amount of powder

-If the bullet is jacketed or unjacketed

-what is the bullets core? Steel, lead, or something else

-length of the barrel. Longer barrels increase muzzle velocity and this effects things

-super sonic or subsonic

-ballistic trajectory. Subsonic bullets drop off at much closer ranges. Large rounds like 12.7x99 can travel for thousands of meters

Those are just some things that effect a bullet that I know. I don't know how each variable effects the bullet exactly. Keep in mind that I may have forgotten something. I am just a dude on the internet, not some prof. with degree.

In this video, someone shoots a 95gr 9x18 round at ballistic gel. Notice how much the gel kicks from the impact with the bullet. Surely, if that was a person, they would have gotten knocked down, if not killed outright.

Note that this is a upgraded bullet for CIVILIAN use. Also note the he used a CZ 82, not a PM Makarov. But all things considered, I feel this would still be lethal.

the second vid illustrates regular 9x18 FMJ that is in the game.

Edited by Vindicator

This is just goes to show that bullets/ballistics are weird and MANY factors play into effectiveness.

For sure...

Interesting fact which relates to the subject of the 5.56mm being "designed to wound"... this wasn't the first cartridge said to be designed for that purpose. In Philip Sharpe's book The Rifle In America he talks about how the .30 Carbine was designed to wound instead of kill, which would tie up far more enemy resources than just killing them outright.

One interesting anecdote he shared was about a serviceman who was driving along and saw a crow (this was the 1940s) and stopped the car to shoot it with his M1 Carbine. After the first shot broke its wing, it tried to fly away and the guy fired all fifteen rounds to take it down. On inspection, the crow had three bullet holes through its body.

Another story involving the M1 Carbine was in an impromptu wartime hunt in Germany which Mr. Sharpe participated in (he only had a 1911, the other three soldiers had M1 Carbines). They ran into a 45-pound roebuck only 30 feet away and opened fire...

"...approximately 40 rounds were fired before a lucky one caught the little fellow in the base of the spine and dropped him"

Apparently the buck had twenty-two bullet holes in it and kept running! Now that is by no means a weak round, 110 grains at almost 2000 fps (the 9x18mm is only 95 grains at roughly half the speed).

Just interesting stories from the wacky world of terminal ballistics. :P

For sure...

Interesting fact which relates to the subject of the 5.56mm being "designed to wound"... this wasn't the first cartridge said to be designed for that purpose. In Philip Sharpe's book The Rifle In America he talks about how the .30 Carbine was designed to wound instead of kill, which would tie up far more enemy resources than just killing them outright.

One interesting anecdote he shared was about a serviceman who was driving along and saw a crow (this was the 1940s) and stopped the car to shoot it with his M1 Carbine. After the first shot broke its wing, it tried to fly away and the guy fired all fifteen rounds to take it down. On inspection, the crow had three bullet holes through its body.

Another story involving the M1 Carbine was in an impromptu wartime hunt in Germany which Mr. Sharpe participated in (he only had a 1911, the other three soldiers had M1 Carbines). They ran into a 45-pound roebuck only 30 feet away and opened fire...

"...approximately 40 rounds were fired before a lucky one caught the little fellow in the base of the spine and dropped him"

Apparently the buck had twenty-two bullet holes in it and kept running! Now that is by no means a weak round, 110 grains at almost 2000 fps (the 9x18mm is only 95 grains at roughly half the speed).

Just interesting stories from the wacky world of terminal ballistics. :P

I can't agree more. People can be fucking lucky as hell some times when being shot. I bet the stories go both ways though. I am sure there is a story out there about some one who was killed by a single pistol round through body armor than should haved stopped it. You know what I mean? No game will ever fully represent the utter randomness that seems to be involved with guns and bullets and people.

• Like 2

I can't agree more. People can be fucking lucky as hell some times when being shot. I bet the stories go both ways though. I am sure there is a story out there about some one who was killed by a single pistol round through body armor than should haved stopped it. You know what I mean? No game will ever fully represent the utter randomness that seems to be involved with guns and bullets and people.

I know, I want them to, though B)

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/119366-new-damage-system/

The Russian rifles now a days are a real beast man and very effective just like the older ones. You should go to a gunshow sometime and check them out. Some even let you shoot them. Acuracy mostly depends on the playa not the gun. Also all guns are devastating. Even a 22LR would own people..

The Russian rifles now a days are a real beast man and very effective just like the older ones. You should go to a gunshow sometime and check them out. Some even let you shoot them. Acuracy mostly depends on the playa not the gun. Also all guns are devastating. Even a 22LR would own people..

Yeah, A good shooter could kill anyone with any gun

My thinking is that if we're going to respect the backstory of Chernarus, let's do that. Before the ZA hits and for the first parts during it, a lot of forces are going to be withdrawn from the area. Since it's a Z-virus rather than undeath, it will hit like a plague and outright kill some, cause some to go ballistic, and give a lucky few a nasty cough for a week that a round of antibiotics takes care of. We the players belong to that last group of people.

Any forces that withdraw WILL take the majority of their gear, because stockpiles are typically kept mobile and most soldiers will have their issued weapons on them. If it is a hostile zone and vital gear MUST be left behind, traditionally military forces would destroy it rather than let it fall into enemy hands.

So either

a.) the majority of military-grade equipment is not there; only the occasional gun in a barracks or dropped on the ground by retreating forces, or

b.) they're there, but mostly in pieces and would have to be salvaged from many samples and still might not be up to par.

By logical extension of this, and since AMRs are NOT standard issue gear, they would largely have not been unpacked from stockpiles. Zombies don't drive.

The gun itself would survive heat and explosions but would no longer fire true if it were part of a stockpile explosion - i.e. the vehicle it's contained in is destroyed or the building burned down, or just a pile of weapons and ammunition and several gallons of gas with a bullet put through once the crew is airborne.

What does all of this add up to?

In a Zombie Apocalypse, you are NOT GOING TO FIND a fully functional AS50 rifle in mint condition sitting neatly next to a box of AM rounds. It just is not going to happen. The chance is infinitesimal. If you DID find such a rifle somehow, your bullets WOULD pull slightly to one side or the other if the thing didn't just plain blow up in your face when you pulled the trigger (explosive or incendiary rounds are what MAKE it an AMR).

Here's a simulation that can be performed at this point to reduce the effectiveness of the shot itself against personnel:

At a range of 1500m experience a 25m pull in a predictable direction. That is quite enough space to hit a chopper with accuracy enough to take it down.

OR

Instead of nerfing the weapon itself, add in various drawbacks:

1.) Deploy on bipod if you want to use the semi-automatic function of the rifle. If you point it at the sky and pull the trigger, you suffer extreme recoil and exactly 1/2 of your stamina is depleted. If you are standing up and pull the trigger the same thing happens. Go prone or crouch and press a button to deploy the bipod.

2.) When the bipod is deployed, your vertical axis is limited to the point at which the butt of the rifle would hit the ground on a level surface. It is also ON THE GROUND. Which means if you stand up it stays on the ground and you have to pick it up again, which functions in the same way as picking up car parts. Can't shoot the top of that building anymore? Boo motherloving hoo, go get a hunting rifle.

3.) I LOVE the idea that it takes up the backpack slot. This also grants snipers the ability to carry an anti-personnel sniper rifle or an assault rifle/submachine gun for close quarters self defense.

Put those 3 things in and lower the drop rate to 0.5% AS50 or 1.5% M107 at heli sites and bang! Problem solved. Campers can still one-shot people from the same spots they already use but become highly immobile and either need someone to watch their back or need to periodically take several moments to pack up and leave the location (or get off the AMR to defend themselves at closer ranges).

-snip-

My problem with the AS50 and the like are the fact that they don't have enough downsides. Just lowering their spawn rates or making them harder to deploy isn't enough. The problem is, they're semi-auto and have massive scopes, and kill with a single round.

Any weapon that is a one-shot-kill should have a massive downside. That's the essence of basic game balance. It should require skill, not just patience. And since we won't be getting ACE mod levels of realistic ballistics, I think we need to do away with the magazine-fed OP superweapons that are the .50 cal rifles in this game. Especially since they can be used at close or long range.

I'd actually like to see the 'range' zeroing replaced with just 'aim adjustment'. So that when you hit the key, you move a pin on the scope to adjust the aim, but have no clue what the actual change it makes is. sure, you know you're moving the pin from one number to the next, but there's no '500 metre' perfect accuracy popup.

No talking of balance please...

Every weapon in the game is capable of one hit killing. The problem is that with the power that comes with these weapons you don't have the downside of having to deal with the weight issues and handling difficulties like IRL. That's the only point that is disturbing to most who are so contra about them, not that they do that kind of damage, it's the ease of use.

I actually have the perfect replacement for the 50 cals that you would actually be able to find pretty regularly.

Remington 700 chambered in Remington Ultra Magnum.

remington-700-xcr-tactical-long-range.jpg

This common hunting rifle is chambered in a devastating round used for long range big game hunting.

This rifle is extremely common for this reason it should be featured in dayz in multiple chamberings.

The one mentioned above however could do some light anti vehicle work seeing as the 300 ultra mag would have no problem destroying an engine block.

No talking of balance please...

Every weapon in the game is capable of one hit killing. The problem is that with the power that comes with these weapons you don't have the downside of having to deal with the weight issues and handling difficulties like IRL. That's the only point that is disturbing to most who are so contra about them, not that they do that kind of damage, it's the ease of use.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that this was a GAME? All games should observe balance. Otherwise they become ridiculous, like the AS50 is now.

Compare the AS50 to the CZ550. Both get 5 round mags.

The semi-auto rifle kills in one shit, fires ridiculously fast.

The CZ has to work the bolt after every shot, has a less magnified scope, and requires a headshot.

The DMR needs a headshot for a one-shot kill, and has no range adjustment ability at all.

It's not just the handling of the AS50 that's the problem, but it's DESIGN. It's just simply too good at killing players for its purpose. No weapon should have all the upsides, and none of the downsides. They are literally the ONLY one-shot-kill weapons in the game. Even a fucking DIRECT IMPACT LAUNCHED GRENADE does 8000 damage. EIGHT THOUSAND. That means that at full health, you can eat a GRENADE and not die.

But a guy sitting at 1200 metres away on a hillside with a perfectly accurate sniper rifle that can pump out five rounds in three seconds should be able to one-shot-kill you?

I'm sorry, but we're going to be talking about 'balance' when shit like this exists.

I actually have the perfect replacement for the 50 cals that you would actually be able to find pretty regularly.

Remington 700 chambered in Remington Ultra Magnum.

remington-700-xcr-tactical-long-range.jpg

I agree with the Remington 700, but I'd prefer it in .300 Win Mag as that's way more common than .300 RUM.

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that this was a GAME? All games should observe balance. Otherwise they become ridiculous, like the AS50 is now.

I agree the AS50 is kind of stupid and immersion-breaking, however no sniper rifle should require a headshot to kill a healthy player like they do now. The whole Western military backstory of DayZ was only designed to fit in with ArmA and all the ArmA weapons.

I just thought of an idea that might just help make these big-boy military rifles more balanced.

First off, let me agree with whoever it was that said this earlier (think it was Gews, but mobile browsing's a bitch)...there's not gonna be a silver bullet that fixes this problem. Straight-up nerfing the damage will actually be worse (and by "nerfing" I mean bringing them down PAST real world levels...if what y'all say about the AS-50/M107 discrepancy is true, then yeah, fix that).

But with that said, here's my suggestion...that will hypothetically be implemented in conjunction with other ideas...

What kind of soldier has an M107 or an M24? Obviously M107s are ridiculously rare in the real militaries of the world, Call of Duty is probably the only reason they appear in games. But the soldiers who DO have them (other than EOD guys, I know, I know) are elite sniper teams, tucked away hundreds of meters from the enemy's sight, silently observing what they see in totally camouflaged observation positions, which you would never see unless you walked on top of them.

These guys would be the primary candidates to get left behind if the outbreak suddenly went critical and the US Army decided to go "KMAG YOYO". They're far away from the main bases observing whatever targets they're assigned to, without any sort of vehicle, in an obscure location most likely not conducive to a chopper exfil, with zombies closing in fast. Odds are they died in the woods, leaving their heavy-as-the-burden-of-mortal-sin-on-your-soul AMRs hidden in their little sniper nests. I think that if you REALLY want a sniper's rifle, you shouldn't get to walk into a barracks (as has been mentioned before, they'll be cleaned out pretty thoroughly), you should have to find a dead sniper in the woods. And since they're notoriously hard to locate while alive, imagine finding those ghillies in the most when they're silent as the dead. Not the annoying yelly scratchy dead, but the quiet, not-chasing-you-down-the-highway dead. Or maybe the first type, except they lie in wait next to their rifles and spring up to claw you when you stumble across one. It would be like a cross between the random spawn of a helo crash and the obscure, concealed nature of a hunting blind, except for even more of both.

I still think the solution to the military weapons is not restricting them or removing them but adding realistic ballistics or just porting over ace ballistics.

Shooting a 50 cal while standing up should make you fall down, firing prone should be the only feasible way to fire it.

Another way to balance the 50 cals is to actually equip the rifles with their perspective real life scopes.

In game you have some sort of 1x and 10x zoom mildot scope, this essentially gives you a 1 hit kill cqc and long range weapon.

I believe they are usually outfitted with a leopold mark 4 scope with 8x-25x magnification this would eliminate its use as a close quarters weapon.