SteamyBeans

M107 Barrett .50 cal getting banned everywhere..

I....what....I don't even....

So, the gun with no zeroing capabilities is the one for "twats that can't get a headshot." but the one that zeros and kills for one shot anywhere on the body isn't? Anyone else not following this logic?

I've been killed by snipers....twice maybe three times and every time its been my own fault, I have no problem with the guy camping the NW airfield barracks with an M24/DMR. My problem is just with people using anti-vehicle weapons in the bloody zombie apocalypse, it's unrealistic as hell. It weighs a ton and can be heard for bloody miles after every shot.

Men If I were stuck in the middle of an apocalyptical situation (no matter if zombies or the fucking WW3) the first I would do is get everyweapon I could.. and anti-material weapons would be one of my first choices. I alrdy even know where to get them (Where. Not how, as they are locked, but that is another issue. Dont start by overanalyze what ive said ok?)

In a zombie apocalypse, in a place like Chernarus, you would most likely not find a high-calibre anti-materiel sniper rifle. It just sounds so stupid considering that it should have Russian weapons, and suddenly you have something like an AS-50. Those rifles ruin the fun by being incredibly overpowered for bandits, and sort of ruin the immersion because you would not find it in a poor country like Chernarus.

If you found something like a KSVK it would make more sense, and that way you would have a way to fight helis.

As you can find HMMVIIs and military barracks everywhere I dont know but I would just say this place had some sort of international war taking place in there with the US & Brithish troops all around don't you say? and may be thats why you can find AS50 and M107 and Hueys and UAZ, BAF offroad plus full of heli crashes all the time. Just a though.

Stop saying military gear is unrealistic. IS THE FIRST THING I would get If society falls apart. Actually I would only need the weapons, as I already have all the gear, even NVG (Airsoft, Paintball.. u know)

• Like 1

Stop saying military gear is unrealistic. IS THE FIRST THING I would get If society falls apart. Actually I would only need the weapons, as I already have all the gear, even NVG (Airsoft, Paintball.. u know)

Really?

Society has collapsed. Governments are non-existent. And you believe military gear will be abundant?

When society has collapsed to that point, it's the military infantry who will be hording and barricading themselves. After all, they are just people as you and I are. And if death is knocking on their bunker's door, they sure as heck are not going to go out without a fight, spending every bit of ammo as they can within their last breath.

So you go ahead and knock yourself out, standing outside their encampment as they're cracking off shots at your melon.

Really?

Society has collapsed. Governments are non-existent. And you believe military gear will be abundant?

When society has collapsed to that point, it's the military infantry who will be hording and barricading themselves. After all, they are just people as you and I are. And if death is knocking on their bunker's door, they sure as heck are not going to go out without a fight, spending every bit of ammo as they can within their last breath.

So you go ahead and knock yourself out, standing outside their encampment as they're cracking off shots at your melon.

Implying everyone in that bunker is uninfected

Implying zombies wouldn't attack through the bunker walls

how in the hell do you enjoy sniping people?... the funniest thing in dayz is to run up close to people and then try to kill them for their gear. not laying 800m away and then putting one bullet in to them..

Funniest thing for you some people enjoy waiting for a perfect shot on someone just as much as you enjoy getting in close for pvp.

I think most of the people who actually want to see the M107 and AS-50 banned are upset how it interfere with their play styles. As for people who are saying that military gear wouldn't be in abundance after zombies over ran most of the country, how exactly do you explain away all the dead military corpses broken up around the map? I mean what happened with all those guns they were carrying did the magical gun fairy take them away?

I mean come on they had tanks and helicopters it really isn't that big of a stretch that they took the heavy weapons for the infantry too.

tl:dr - Stop getting your knowledge about firearms from video games and movies. The problem with the .50 rifles is lack of other needed game mechanics that would add skill into using them.

I'm beginning to think Gews is the only person in this thread that has any real-world knowledge of firearms. Obviously, I'm going to have to agree with him.

The AS50 and M107 would be perfectly fine in game with a proper damage system. I've been hoping for one since SA was announced. I would also like to see wind effects present, and constantly changing. The zero system IS simplistic. Instead of setting a zero for "800 meters", I would prefer a zero system that we adjust in mils. See www.shooterready.com for a more in depth explanation. The adjustment at longer ranges should be more precise, not in 200m increments.

An 800m+ shot on a point target is hard as fuck with any rifle, without the proper experience. Even a .308 round has the capability of touching a target a mile out. The skill required to make that shot is exponentially harder than say a simple 400m shot. Boots do it using iron sights on rickety M16A2's every week, and those are 500m shots.

Remove the Barney style aspects to sniping, and it will even things out. Long range shooting IS and SHOULD BE dependent on skill, not on what weapon you're using.

Same with helicopters. It's ridiculous that I could hop in one first try, and fly it around for an hour and a half, landing on oil derricks and other areas with only a few minute YouTube video for flight instruction.

While I'm at it, the other complaint I have with the big boy rifles in this game is that they're still only 10 slot weapons. A short barreled AK should not be equal in pack space. Also, you should be deaf (like the reduced hearing during shock) after firing one. If anyone here hasn't cracked a shot off with one of those bastards IRL, I assure you the SPL is massive. Video doesn't do it justice.

• Like 1

Really?

Actually you dont really need to plunder military HQs. There's military gear everywhere, you just need to pay attention. And more people than you would say has crazy weapons in their houses. As I said, I myself would get functional military gear in a matter of hours. You just gotta know where.

my opinions: make scoped rifles a little harder to use, stop removing/banning weapons and start adding many more weapons.

I don't have time for a full reply although this topic is interesting. But i just took down a heli with three FAL shots, it's possible

Edited by kniFely

I'm beginning to think Gews is the only person in this thread that has any real-world knowledge of firearms. Obviously, I'm going to have to agree with him.

D'awwwww.

I've been reading through this entire thread just shaking my head at pretty much every dumb comment. I want to see somebody take a round from a DMR, M24, or CZ directly in the chest and not be a dead man. What a bunch of stupid people these forums are full of. Cannot be killed in one shot unless it's a headshot? Sheesh. You guys should be ashamed.

I've been reading through this entire thread just shaking my head at pretty much every dumb comment. I want to see somebody take a round from a DMR, M24, or CZ directly in the chest and not be a dead man. What a bunch of stupid people these forums are full of. Cannot be killed in one shot unless it's a headshot? Sheesh. You guys should be ashamed.

Ashamed why?

Because most don't want to play some run-n-gun, laser-bullets, no skilled required fps?

Ashamed why?

Because most don't want to play some run-n-gun, laser-bullets, no skilled required fps?

Don't forget that most of those players are also the same people who scream about realism and immersion. Life itself is unfair, so is the game.

BTW, skill would be finding that sniper before walking into his crosshair.

BTW, skill would be finding that sniper before walking into his crosshair.

By that i hope you mean a first person only server, naturally so the sniper has a hard time to see when prone and the server has no waypoints making it so he doesnt day dream while following magical floating numbers, oh and no crosshairs so the sniper doesnt get an easy shot close range either.

Just curious

We managed to get this to work (thx for the help from tunngle) without having our pubbers downloading any files. As for weapons, there's some were able to add, and some we cannot, here's what we changed.

AS50 [replaced with] Mk12 SPR

M107 [replaced with] M8 Sharpshooter

SVD [replaced with] Sa58v RCO

DMR [replaced with] AK 107 PSO

Mk48 Mod 0 [replaced with] MG36

M240 [replaced with] RPK 74

FN FAL NVG [replaced with] AKS 74 PSO

AKS 74U [replaced with] L85A2 Halo

M9 [replaced with] Sa61 Scorpian

These ones we replaced fully work in game and spawn @ Barracks and Crash Chopper.

We are wondering why some guns work, but some weapons we added don't show up, example why does the L85 Halo work but something like the L85 LSW or RGO or whatever does not, or any other M8 CQC gun or variant. PDW SD didn't work either yet I remember killing a hacker long time ago in DayZ and taking it, and being able to use it for a long while. This applies to the Makarov SD.

Any ideas on how we can get these other weapons added? Also applies to some vehicles.

Sniper rifles are a problem in Dayz, not because they are OP but because of the way the game handles distance..

all the ground clutter vanishes at over 400m. leaving only trees and large bushes.

this makes people 1. easier to spot at range. and therefore 2. easier to shoot..

its funny watching two guys 50m apart and prone, hosing rounds through the grass and bushes trying to hit what they cant see, with them both taken out by a sniper at 400m who does not have the grass clutter...

there probably is no fix for this magic vision, so nerf the guns... bring in wind affects... weapon condition.. make it 3 shots then the thing wont shoot straight without repair.. have it break if they fall on it...

make guys shot with .50 drop no gear.. as .50 rounds make big holes in everything the guy is carrying...

bring in handling. so if you turn 90 degrees fast. it takes a while fror the gun to return to battery. a guy with a pistol will nail you close.

in a zombie apocalypse, maintaining your gear should be one of the biggest problems. maintaining an AS 50 (and its scope) should be next to impossible..

an AK though, that will work after 6 months in a bog.. ask the viet cong..

Sniper rifles are a problem in Dayz, not because they are OP but because of the way the game handles distance..

all the ground clutter vanishes at over 400m. leaving only trees and large bushes.

this makes people 1. easier to spot at range. and therefore 2. easier to shoot..

its funny watching two guys 50m apart and prone, hosing rounds through the grass and bushes trying to hit what they cant see, with them both taken out by a sniper at 400m who does not have the grass clutter...

there probably is no fix for this magic vision, so nerf the guns... bring in wind affects... weapon condition.. make it 3 shots then the thing wont shoot straight without repair.. have it break if they fall on it...

make guys shot with .50 drop no gear.. as .50 rounds make big holes in everything the guy is carrying...

bring in handling. so if you turn 90 degrees fast. it takes a while fror the gun to return to battery. a guy with a pistol will nail you close.

in a zombie apocalypse, maintaining your gear should be one of the biggest problems. maintaining an AS 50 (and its scope) should be next to impossible..

an AK though, that will work after 6 months in a bog.. ask the viet cong..

Also I think there's a solution for the grass problem. In other games, when you disabled grass, things that we're in the grass appear half buried, or even completely buried on long distance (so you can't see them unless you get closer. Or get a better pc to handle grass).

I think it is a good solution. You have a shitty pc and cant handle grass? too bad, get a better one. And I play almost on a coffe machine so I would be one of the harmed due to this measure.

Just to clarify a little bit, the As50 abd M107 are NOT sniper rifles, they were never meant for the purpose of taking down a person. they were developed for the same reason the Desert Eagle was invented; A way to take out Armoured fortifications on the fly without the use of other equipment. Now, They use BMG rounds, which mean "browning machine gun" and these AMR's have the ability to take down choppers from miles away, they have the ability to shot through a tank, completely immobilizing it. im not a weapons expert but i have to say, if you were to get shot by one in the "pinky" it wouldnt stop there, it would take your entire arm off.

Lol no. They wouldn't do shit to an MBT. But they would stop any light vehicle in its tracks.

As for the only point you did actually make, about the damage models? Sure. A chest-shot or a gut-shot from a .50 would kill you.

but shooting you in the pinkie or the big toe would not. And when any hit anywhere on your body at any range takes you instantly from 12,000 blood to -20,000, that's a LITTLE BIT OP.

You do realise that if you were shot in the arm or leg with a 50 cal or .338 round, it would take that limb clean off? Depending on range, it could cut you in half. So no, the AS50 and M107 rifles are not OP at all. They are designed to be 1 shot kill weapons, compared to the 7.62mm rifles. Also, I read some of your other posts, but I'm too lazy to quote them. I will say, however, that you come off as a whiny little bitch who was probably not breastfed as a child. I suggest you harden the fuck up, princess.

Edited by Fapnapkin