zombieslayinbro

Keep humanity in Day Z!

Okay guys, read this next part, seriously. It's a horribly written, cheesy story, but I think it will get my point across. So, I've worked hard to become a bandit. Endless hours of scavenging for weapons and hunting players! So I finally become a bandit! YAY! The only problem is... *gasp* I'm gaining humanity! In a few hours, I become a regular survivor again! See guys, this has happened to one too many of us. I think, that in the next dayZ update, that they should let us keep our humanity! We work so hard for our status, but we lose it so quickly if you dont keep it up!That is why I think that we should keep our humanity! ARE YOU WITH ME?! Of course, if it is server specific, I'm gonna look like a big idiot. Please inform me in a kind way if it is just server specific, thanks.

I really wish they would get rid of humanity as it currently is: A silly, artificial system that shove everyone in two categories "good versus "meanies".

I don't mind the concept itself (even if it would be better used in a vampire game really...) i just hate it's implementation in DayZ.

• Like 1

Lol love the pic! I guess we all have our own, I like the bandit skin and i'd kinda like it. Okay I just look like an idiot now. Lol'ed at that last part.

I really wish they would get rid of humanity as it currently is: A silly, artificial system that shove everyone in two categories "good versus "meanies".

I don't mind the concept itself (even if it would be better used in a vampire game really...) i just hate it's implementation in DayZ.

Ah so you are into vampires. Okay. Well I guess we all have our own. Anyway I love the skins and implimentation of humanity. Anyone who dosent you can just stay off of this topic because it isn't for you.

Are you serious? I can't tell if you're serious or not.

I personally hate the humanity system. It's simply way too artificial. If you're the kind of bandit who shoots bambis from the treeline 450 yards away, your appearance does nothing, except of course having a ghillie suit. The "this guy's a bandit" cue from your clothes is lost on the victim, because they never actually *see* you.

And the smooth-talking bandit who pretends to need a blood transfusion or asks to meet up with people obviously hates the bandit skin. I've seen them try every trick in the book to make excuses for their skins, and usually they don't work.

Finally, completely innocent people who have to defend themselves from other survivors, especially the trigger-happy bambis who shoot on sight because it's what they think is proper, also hate the humanity system. The game condemns them without a trial, and they have to deal with a bandit skin for days, even though they aren't even bandits.

If you want to dress a certain way to identify yourself as a stone cold killa or something, that's up to you. But this humanity-changing-your-clothes-automatically system is ridiculous.

And no, I REFUSE to stay off of this topic, because I have a right to disagree with you. That statement just shows your immaturity, frankly.

Edited by FlashHawk4

Are you serious? I can't tell if you're serious or not.

I personally hate the humanity system. It's simply way too artificial. If you're the kind of bandit who shoots bambis from the treeline 450 yards away, your appearance does nothing, except of course having a ghillie suit. The "this guy's a bandit" cue from your clothes is lost on the victim, because they never actually *see* you.

And the smooth-talking bandit who pretends to need a blood transfusion or asks to meet up with people obviously hates the bandit skin. I've seen them try every trick in the book to make excuses for their skins, and usually they don't work.

Finally, completely innocent people who have to defend themselves from other survivors, especially the trigger-happy bambis who shoot on sight because it's what they think is proper, also hate the humanity system. The game condemns them without a trial, and they have to deal with a bandit skin for days, even though they aren't even bandits.

If you want to dress a certain way to identify yourself as a stone cold killa or something, that's up to you. But this humanity-changing-your-clothes-automatically system is ridiculous.

And no, I REFUSE to stay off of this topic, because I have a right to disagree with you. That statement just shows your immaturity, frankly.

Okay okay, feel free to disagree, I won't stop you. Honestly, there are pros and cons to the humanity system.

Okay guys, read this next part, seriously. It's a horribly written, cheesy story, but I think it will get my point across. So, I've worked hard to become a bandit. Endless hours of scavenging for weapons and hunting players! So I finally become a bandit! YAY! The only problem is... *gasp* I'm gaining humanity! In a few hours, I become a regular survivor again! See guys, this has happened to one too many of us. I think, that in the next dayZ update, that they should let us keep our humanity! We work so hard for our status, but we lose it so quickly if you dont keep it up!That is why I think that we should keep our humanity! ARE YOU WITH ME?! Of course, if it is server specific, I'm gonna look like a big idiot. Please inform me in a kind way if it is just server specific, thanks.

you don't work hard to be a bandit, you just kill people. no skill involved, it would be worse if you worked for your hero skin and your humanity decreased

In the server I play on, people are shunned if they call out a murderer in side chat, after they're killed. The humanity system is basically the same thing to me, announcing to the world that "This guy kills people"! It's unfair, and it punishes a certain playstyle. And besides, you're not getting your bandit skin in the standalone, as there's going to be a clothing system.

• Like 1

I personally like the system because it Gives the good guys an advantage that they need, bandits have enough of an advantage since they shoot without question. Heroes venturing into electro need to know who to shoot and who to help because bandits already know who they are gonna shoot

I personally like the system because it Gives the good guys an advantage that they need, bandits have enough of an advantage since they shoot without question. Heroes venturing into electro need to know who to shoot and who to help because bandits already know who they are gonna shoot

No,, because uncertainty is an important part of this game. We shouldn't be giving players this kind of knowledge.

• Like 1

Get a makarov; find a hero and shoot him in the back 28 times; You'll be a bandit forever;

Than open a new thread about how this system sucks, everyone is trying to shoot you...

• Like 2

Love it.

It's a visual representation of the player's psychology.

After you've killed someone, murder or self defense, most players notice a lowered threshold towards violence. If you're a friendly player, distance from the event will make you come to your sense and you'll return to your friendly ways, if you don't come to your senses you'll head down the well traveled KOS path. If you're a natural born killer, slaying fools left and right with no inhibitions towards violence and humanity isn't a factor for you. Either you're a psychopath who treats everyone as servants of your needs or you may just consider DayZ as a regular game, where the purpose is to win by taking form others; lives and gear. Whatever your reasons are for killing someone it will affect you and in a DayZ's pseudo MMO design, killers and murderers are anonymous, because they and their victims are not tied to one geographical location. They are not bound to a specific server, therefore there's a chance that they'll never meet again.

DayZ is a game and it uses different mechanics to drive it gameplay in a specific direction. Just like hunger and thirst affects the player, so does humanity. Humanity adds a low threshold, a tiny inhibition, an artificial consequence, not enough to stop killers from killing, but it informs new players that they indeed have a choice how they carry themselves, conduct themselves, that they don't have to kill other players, unless they chose to. This small consequence is also easily negotiable. If you're not a spree killer, a mass murderer, you'll quickly regain enough humanity to present yourself as a regular survivor, allowing you to create elaborate deceits to backstab friendly players or cover yourself up in ghillies, cammos and probably numerable disguises in the standalone, if your humanity is beyond repair.

In DayZ humanity is indicated by the bandit scarf, which in real life would allow you to cover your identity and in DayZ represents a player, who would want to cover his identity.

Humanity is the essence of this genere, how you conduct yourself, when your life in hanging in a thread and there's no official authorities enforcing what you should and shouldn't do. In reality not all band guys wear black masks, but in reality you don't find assault rifles in deer stands. Humanity indicates that, while no ones stops you from killing n00bs at the beach, you don't have to and if you do, the game will warn the n00bs at the beach, by placing a scarf on your head.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

If you just want to have the bandit skin it would make even more sense to get rid of the humanity system. In the SA you could just go and find a balaclava and not be afraid of losing it over time if there was no humanity system.

Ah so you are into vampires. Okay. Well I guess we all have our own. Anyway I love the skins and implimentation of humanity. Anyone who dosent you can just stay off of this topic because it isn't for you.

Not really, but the pen and paper role playing game "Vampire: the masquerade" has a quite lengthly take on humanity, and the struggle of vampires to keep their humanity and not succumb to the "beast".

With the upcoming clothing system for the standalone, skins based on allignment becomes redundant.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

I favor some type of humanity system i just don't see how it can be done

The way i see it perhaps the single biggest factor to ones humanity has to be intentions. I see no possible way to measure this. Therefore any humanity system will be fundamentally flawed

Edited by ShadowJack

The way i see it perhaps the single biggest factor to ones humanity has to be intentions. I see no possible way to measure this. Therefore any humanity system will be fundamentally flawed

Pretty much yeah, our legal system already has so much trouble figuring out who has to be punished and who has not :)

Just add something in general... to counter the player killers, I saw 4 heroes team up and do over 50 player kills and walk into hospital with 1 zombie as bandits and leave with hero skins and a dead zombie....now really, just add some kind of magnet for zombie on each player kill, like blood over their clothes or something, or increase number of zombie spawning around player slayers...

Or keep it simple and join a PvE server :)

Edited by Majo

sorry, but i just laughed at this thread.. maintaining your (negative) Humanity is like the easiest thing to do in dayz!

What about a system, where you are able to "offer confederation"? When you see someone, you can offer confederation. If he agrees, a timer starts, let's say 10 minutes. In this time you are still able to kill each other, but that would show a "fraud" somewhere in some statistics. This system would really give you an idea how trustworthy someone is.

Of course, the timer/the confederation could be renewed.

I used to play the boardgame risk with my friends. We usually played this "conquer the world"-mode.We offered confederation, to someone to increase the chances to win, we maybe got betrayed, but as we started confederating for a certain time and promised not to attack each other, fraud appeared rarely, as you want to be trustworthy. It is often necessary to federate with your opponent later, and he wouldn't trust you if you betrayed your partners before. See this as an example.

Edited by LeonsenPartisani