zombieslayinbro

Keep humanity in Day Z!

I just posted this in another thread but thought it would fit here as well, so here you go:

Just enabling players to do something other than just scavenging, fighting or driving around the map in a vehicle should drastically reduce PvP. For example once/if player bases are implemented, just managing the construction and security of the things should keep people busy enough so that the amount of PvP should drop.

I'm also still not convinced that having some sort of key control points on the map, for example the radio tower on Green Mountain, that players would need to maintain to keep radio transmissions working would be a bad idea. Having essential facilities that need to be maintained by players in order for something like radio transmissions or transportation by train to be possible on a server would also keep players busy and give them something else to do, other than fighting. Players would be encouraged to band together to form factions, since these things would of course require more than 3 people to maintain and guard against sabotage by bandits/rival player factions or rampaging zombies.

It would be a win-win for bandits and survivors alike to have more things to do and manage.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. Get rid of the humanity system. All it does is enable a change of skin, that is going to become obsolete anyway after SA is released, and gives heroes magic sprinting capabilities.

• Like 1

What about a system, where you are able to "offer confederation"? When you see someone, you can offer confederation. If he agrees, a timer starts, let's say 10 minutes. In this time you are still able to kill each other, but that would show a "fraud" somewhere in some statistics. This system would really give you an idea how trustworthy someone is.

Of course, the timer/the confederation could be renewed.

I used to play the boardgame risk with my friends. We usually played this "conquer the world"-mode.We offered confederation, to someone to increase the chances to win, we maybe got betrayed, but as we started confederating for a certain time and promised not to attack each other, fraud appeared rarely, as you want to be trustworthy. It is often necessary to federate with your opponent later, and he wouldn't trust you if you betrayed your partners before. See this as an example.

Did you just mention the greatest board game ever? Been to long since i tossed them bones.

The idea is interesting and worth consideration. I am waiting to see how the more harsh survival mechanics will affect player interactions.

Pretty much yeah, our legal system already has so much trouble figuring out who has to be punished and who has not :)

Had not extended the thought beyond the game but yeah tis true what you say.

"worked hard to become a bandit"

Killing everyone you see on sight must be difficult...

Side Note.

You do not WANT the bandit skin. I saw a poll once. 94% of all the dayz players kos bandits even other bandits. Bandit skin is there to make people not to murder everyone to sight to avoid the skin. A proper bandit doesn't kos and instead try's to hold people up and rob them.

Also I argee humanity should stay. I like the different skins. Hero ftw.

In the server I play on, people are shunned if they call out a murderer in side chat, after they're killed. The humanity system is basically the same thing to me, announcing to the world that "This guy kills people"! It's unfair, and it punishes a certain playstyle. And besides, you're not getting your bandit skin in the standalone, as there's going to be a clothing system.

Calm down mister bandit, your sniper aim will decay if you have 'da' shakes :o

Did you just mention the greatest board game ever? Been to long since i tossed them bones.

The idea is interesting and worth consideration. I am waiting to see how the more harsh survival mechanics will affect player interactions.

Yes i mentioned it! I'm 21, it was famous here in my country when i was in primary school. 2 years ago, we bought the old original version, played it a couple of times since then!

The main thrill for us were those intrigues... Sometimes i wrote somebody a SMS under the table, suggesting to pretend we are opponents. Others would think we were in war, thinking we wouldn't be harmful to them since they tought we were busy. When they were distractingly discussing something, we silently said something like, you attack here, i there...

The more often people play this game, the more tricks they do and the more ttricks they recognize. That ends up in something we call in german "doubled/tripled psychology" : Pretend to pretend somehtihing, make people think you bluff but do it in reality...

It pleases me you like the idea.

I think Dayz, just like" risk", lives on psychology. The thrill about weither someones trustworthy or not. Without this aspect, it's not as fascinating.

So our main goal in any suggenstion should be to make sure it's combinable with the goal of keeping this psychological aspect.

In detail, you need only TWO things to make this thrill working:

1. The possibility to interact in such a manner. Such as my confederation system i posted in this thread.

2. A reason to do so. There is no reason if you have the high-end gear and literally no goal except hunting bambis.

I think I'm going to make a thread, since this is a summery of what a lot of suggestions are actually about. Think i have a couple of ideas that might fit in this system.

Edited by LeonsenPartisani

I just posted this in another thread but thought it would fit here as well, so here you go:

Just enabling players to do something other than just scavenging, fighting or driving around the map in a vehicle should drastically reduce PvP. For example once/if player bases are implemented, just managing the construction and security of the things should keep people busy enough so that the amount of PvP should drop.

I'm also still not convinced that having some sort of key control points on the map, for example the radio tower on Green Mountain, that players would need to maintain to keep radio transmissions working would be a bad idea. Having essential facilities that need to be maintained by players in order for something like radio transmissions or transportation by train to be possible on a server would also keep players busy and give them something else to do, other than fighting. Players would be encouraged to band together to form factions, since these things would of course require more than 3 people to maintain and guard against sabotage by bandits/rival player factions or rampaging zombies.

It would be a win-win for bandits and survivors alike to have more things to do and manage.

EDIT: Oh yeah, almost forgot. Get rid of the humanity system. All it does is enable a change of skin, that is going to become obsolete anyway after SA is released, and gives heroes magic sprinting capabilities.

Pretty much this. The best thing they can do is encourage teamplay. Punishing a certain playstyle is artifical and should not be implemented. Read my signature for more info if you dislike bandits

Edited by Uuni