Sign in to follow this  
griffinz

DayZ Update 1.5.6

In all seriousness, is there any way to arrange donations for a new central server or just a way to say thanks to the mod team?

To summerise:

tumblr_m3rz1xwdTe1qfssyl.jpg

While I appreciate the sentiment, not all problems can be solved with money.

What this requires is architectural changes, and some of the problems require source changes in ArmA2 itself. The issue of delayed logins is more about the servers needing regular restarting than problems with the central server. The central database is barely breaking a sweat at the moment, its the individual servers themselves - often dying because of the constant attempts at connections (at times causing DDoS like behavior).

Next update is currently preparing for its final test.... its good....

Thanks Rocket, I don't know how you can manage working your day job, updating the mod every few days and having a life at the same time.

Is there any way to "prepare us" what to expect? :)

While I appreciate the sentiment' date=' not all problems can be solved with money.

What this requires is architectural changes, and some of the problems require source changes in ArmA2 itself. The issue of delayed logins is more about the servers needing regular restarting than problems with the central server. The central database is barely breaking a sweat at the moment, its the individual servers themselves - often dying because of the constant attempts at connections (at times causing DDoS like behavior).

[/quote']

MY BODY IS READY. Also please let me give you money.

While I appreciate the sentiment' date=' not all problems can be solved with money.

[/quote']

Are you able/willing to make changes to the ArmA2 engine if required? I dunno how modding works especially in this game but I assume there is only so much you can do with the mod API?

You can't make changes to the engine through a mod. The only things you can do are scripting, modeling and mapping. You can tweak the Ui a little and add keys as well, but that's about it.