Raider (DayZ)

Do you want Wild Animals in DayZ? Yes or No?

Do you want wild animals in DayZ  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want wild animals in DayZ

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Maybe there can be vultures instead of flies and you can hear them eating the flesh off of a dead person. >=D

• Like 1

I voted yes, but we seem to have forgotten about the killer rabbits that have claimed the lives of so many survivors.... Sometimes just lurking there with their little beady eyes penetrating or souls.

Yes!!!! Would be awesome if you could also track them and would be so scary getting hunted by a pack of wolves then to hear a friendly firing gunshots to see them scatter!

No offense, but anybody who votes 'no' in this pole doesn't know where he's standing, ovbiously. OF COURSE we want, need and will have wild animals in DayZ, just like we have them now. Just another way of getting food, I won't say anything else because it's not necessary.

This thread makes me imagine a zoo in Cherno or Electro that has fallen into disrepair and the animals have all escaped into the wild. "Is that a tiger? RUN!"

Id rather the animals that are there harder to hunt and kill.

Why you stand there while I smack you in the head with an hatchet for moo cow?

• Like 1

It would be pretty cool to have wild animals in the game. Hey, due to the fact that the majority of the voters voted yes maybe, just maybe, they will add it in the standalone!

Well if people wanted exotic animals in cherno like tigers etc i guess the dev could build a run down zoo on the map and have a back story of people dieing to the infection and as a result animals thrived. And also a mad man released them all lol

I think realistic animals would be cool, such as horses (Rare) or seldom packs of wolves in forests.

I wouldn't want unrealistic animals; like zombie animals or lions/tigers ect.

Re-posting this from a similar thread:

Besides animals we need a Realistic Hunting System!

Yes, There needs to be some sort of ecosystem and hunting mechanics.

Lets face it if the Zed Apocalypse happens, we are going to hunt animals to survive.

Current animals will not move or react to human movement or even gunshots.

It would add a lot to the survival aspect of the game to have to hunt efficiently to survive.

With a scent, mechanic being implemented for tracking already. This can be applied to hunting as well.

There can be different ways to hunt as well.

Bait - laying some bait for animals to draw them in to an area. Shoot maybe we can use those deer stands as deer stands X D.

Stalking - Stalking would be a challenge, you get too close you startle your prey, hope you are a quick good shot!

Trapping - We have bear traps lets, use them for bears!

This is very basic and plan on elaborating on this. But I feel it should be a standard feature as current survival hunting involves running at animals that don't move with a hatchet or a crowbar.

Its a defo were going to have some animals in standalone, in a interview i think rocket talked about hunting and adding clever ai for animals to run away from players and be more of a challenge to hunt them. But predators or aggressive animals he hasn't talked about for standalone would be stupid not to add them but most likely he will. Also ive made a mad fucking suggestion post about very clever complex animals wich can eat drink poo breed and selective breeding dogs for what jobs you want them to do. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/127772-selective-breeding-for-domesticated-animalsclever-animalsecosystem/

Yes please a hunting simulation mode :)

I would love to see hunting simulation mode in Dayz , particularly big game animals like deers, wild boar, wild sheep, .... Please realistic animals AI and look combined with realistic weapon ballistics.

Edited by Stalk85