Raider (DayZ)

The Reason your a Hero/Bandit?

I am a bandit, not out of choice! but out of self defence. Ive killed a few people who tried to shoot me but missed and i killed them before they hit me, then i became a bandit, now i have to shoot everyone because they think i murder innocent people! its a harsh life.

I'm a bandit, simply because I enjoy trolling people and it offers more oppurtinities.

For example, I chase people with hachets break their legs, and while they are passed out I tell them horrible jokes. I then bandage them give them blood and morphine and run away. (Or I kill them if they don't find it funny)

In the beginning, I wasn't neither a bandit or a hero... I was quite a noob and I trusted most of the people, maybe for the fact that I wanted a buddy because alone things were quite boring, but of course, every single contact I made at the game in that times ended in my death. That's when I started wielding the bandit skin... I didn't even trust people who say friendly.. I make contact and I shoot on sight.. not for the reason that usual bandits do (stealing their loot), but just to make sure he doesn't pull the trigger first. I've never done other bandit things such as sniping in a big city, etcetera. And about the hero part... well, I've never been a hero in DayZ, but I consider that the only possible way of reaching the hero skin is by helping YOUR FRIENDS and YOUR FRIENDS ONLY. Real life friends I mean. And I basicly base myself on this just like I base myself on what I said before - it's the same. If you can't trust him when you see him, much less help him.

I KOS because im sick of people killing me on sight!

I am neither a bandit nor a hero.

I am a survivor.

I am a LAMOE.

• Like 1

I'm a hero because I help people often. I will help anyone who asks, I won't judge you based on the skin you wear. If you kill me then that sucks but I tried to help at least. I think bandits don't take me seriously as a threat since I always have an AKM and never carry any higher grade loot, so they rarely shoot me these days.

Im a hero just because I play with a group and I play mostly assistant roles (driver, spotter, medic, etc) and I killed just 1 guy in 1 month Ive been playing, but my group actually KoS most of the time so... things are not always what they look like.

Edited by p4triot

I've been a hero since I put on that sweet table cloth shirt ages ago.

I kill people sometimes, bandits mostly others that have provoked me and who clearly had no intentions other than to harm.

Like frodo and the ring it is a burden that I must carry for to benefit others.

100% bandit i have done everything from city sniping, running around cherno with a enfield and getting several kills until i pissed off a clan and they killed me with a heli, but my greatest exploit has to be blowing up a ural with 6 people in it with a well aimed M203 shot. followed by side chat spam of "hacker!!!!!11!1!!!one".

i just love the pvp aspect of this game

Edited by Zariz

Survivor for the past 2 months, haven't killed/helped enough to earn either skin. I don't plan on becoming a bandit but if a threat means killing is the only option it might one day happen

I often help and team up with random people, I usually put my gun away and talk to them. Unfortunately, there has been some people who liked my gear and shot at me, so I had to kill them.

I also kill every bandit I see, unless it's a fresh spawn who is friendly.

And I have the survivor skin.

Edited by Sutinen

I'm a hero mostly because I enjoy the challenge, but partly because the number of times I've been shot at for no reason made me want to prove to myself (and others) that you don't need to be an asshole to get ahead.

That and in a game where "winning" is only measured in survival, I want to help more folks "win".

• Like 1

I always try and get the Hero skin as I love the look of it. It makes me look like a superhero of the zombie apocalypse.

I'm a Hero. I feel bad shooting other people, that's why I try to avoid it. But there were situations where I had to shoot someone.

I often play with a friend who shoots on sight. So we always argue about our play-styles.

If I play alone i try to help people, which kills me sometimes, but that's the way it is.

i just love the pvp aspect of this game

I love the pvp aspect as well. Not necessarily killing everyone I see on sight. But how you never know how an encounter is going to go down.

I don't play "as" anything. But I do tend to get the bandit skin more often than not since I find myself forced to kill other players from time to time.

Pvp is so incredibly rewarding when it is a firefight. Didn't care much for the sniper job when I was a bandito. I medic now because it still gives that edgy feeling when you know the guy you're trying to save may shoot you or not. You've gotta be real careful when playing as a medic as well. I've got the hero skin and ~13k humanity. I shot one survivor in the leg for trying to hatchet me to death. Apparently he had low blood and died for that.

I normally shoot bandits on sight unless they call out first. I've met some rare and strangely nice banditos. Of course, I don't do any of these forum calls anymore. 9/10 times I was killed by the guy I tried to save from these forums.

But... I like to help people I guess. Some people like to kill, I like to protect. To each his own I guess.

I haven't been playing long enough to have had much opportunity to be a Hero or a Bandit, though I would definitely never become a Bandit. At least, not on purpose! The mentality of I KOS because others KMOS is why everyone now KOS haha, if that makes as much sense as I hope it does! I prefer to try to be friendly to other players. Not to say I don't defend myself. I don't trust other players and unfortunately with the before mentioned mentality of the majority of players I am very wary and cautious when I see them.

I'm a hero because I'm a people pleaser.

Plus not allowing yourself to fire the first shot is a rush.

I am neither. I'm just a scavenger, I keep to myself and avoid all contact with others regardless of skin and/or clothing. I camp out in the woods by myself and scavenge towns when I know there is no one in them.

The reason I bandit was reiterated by an experience I had a couple of days ago and an experience we are all to familiar with.

I was up on the east coast and thought I would venture into polana and hit the supermarket, scoped about for a good while no action so I tucked in and filled my bag of goodies. I only packed a cz so I could carry more stuff. I made my way into the back little corner room when I heard a guy run in behind me, he didn't notice me at first tried picking up some loot. He was a regular survivor skin as was I, as I had not long fresh spawned. So I give him the old friendly on direct, he shat himself and ran into the front at this point I didn't want to break my cover and make a dart for it. I still got no reply, so this guy pokes round the corner with his ak Kobra... I though I'd give him the benefit of the doubt I broke cover he shot me twice, I got behind the wall he was still pointing at the door. I had no way out of the situation other than entering the pearly gates so I threw down a satchel and blew the place apart...

To many dimwits

Cool story.

Bandit. Why you ask? Well for the glory of Satan of course!