I know this sounds a little bit ridiculous, but how about katanas and swords? They would give a bleeding effect when used on enemies. They would be extremely deadly up close.

• Like 1

Do you even know how hard it is to handle a katana ? This requires a lot of training...

And don't try to bring in items from WarZ. :|

Axes / kitchen knives / saws are way more practical, common and realistic.

Edited by Fenrod

Do you even know how hard it is to handle a katana ? This requires a lot of training...

And don't try to bring in items from WarZ. :|

Axes / kitchen knives / saws are way more practical, common and realistic.

yeah, butterfly knives and switch blades are hard to wield too.

yeah, butterfly knives and switch blades are hard to wield too.

It's kind of hard to cut your leg off with a butterfly knife. No swords. Machetes would make more sense and do the same job.

• Like 1

I think there is a serious possibilty if you looked around , some weapon freak would have a sword or three stashed away .

Definitely not common , but probably more likely than as50s and ghillie suits surviving chopper crashes perfectly intact ( which somehow the infected survived also ..... )

How many of them would be GOOD swords, though, and how many would be $80 quasi-toys that nerds bought from the Renaissance Fair? because trust me, there is a difference. A big difference.

I'm a fan of new melee weapons. I just doubt they should be exotic stuff like longswords and medieval halberds. I don't know anyone who owns a (real) longsword. And I DO know someone who owns an M107. So there's your answer.

Edited by FlashHawk4

How many of them would be GOOD swords, though, and how many would be $80 quasi-toys that nerds bought from the Renaissance Fair? because trust me, there is a difference. A big difference.

I'm a fan of new melee weapons. I just doubt they should be exotic stuff like longswords and medieval halberds. I don't know anyone who owns a (real) longsword. And I DO know someone who owns an M107. So there's your answer.

I once saw a video of a guy trying to cut through a 2 litre bottle of liquid with a store bought sword, and the sword breaks... I can't seem to find it, though.

There are plenty of "common" melee weapons to be used.

A spiked bat for example, a normal baseball bat with nails on it.

Or forresting tools like a billhook.

http://kauppa.taloon.com/kuvat/k/fiskars/vesuri_1.jpg

Aside from that there isn't really any reason not to have them, as many as you want. Except that they're not supported by Arma2 code, even the hatchet is a Gun with a three meter bullet distance and a 10k bullet clip. But I'm sure we'll have plenty of melee weapons to choose from with the standalone. A long blade like a katana or a sword wouldn't be out of the question in my opinion. People collect them, they may not be as good as a real blade should, but killing zombies or other survivors would be possible.

Edited by Jonsse

A long blade like a katana or a sword wouldn't be out of the question in my opinion. People collect them, they may not be as good as a real blade should, but killing zombies or other survivors would be possible.

Like I said, a store bought katana will break cutting through a 2 litre bottle. Let's add more practical weapons, maybe a katana that has a 90% chance of breaking and doing no damage, just as a cruel trick for new players. :3

• Like 1

Machettes, axes and bats, no katanas, claymores or longswords, dont make this game a pile of crap like warZ, FFS.