Sign in to follow this  
MissSweeney

Who else LIKES the new update?

I've seen plenty of negative feedback about the update because people think it's unfair that the zombies bugged hearing is fixed, and then complain about zombie bugs not being fixed.

People seem to think it's unfair that cows have 6 meat steaks instead of 8 and that rabbit meat restores 400 blood. [Edit: who the hell hunts rabbits anyway]

But I'd like to start a thread for people who actually like the new fix, who think it brings it back to where it should be, where you have to survive!

Rather than people spawning on the coast, heading to Balota and getting military grade weapons, going to Cherno and getting all the food/drink/other supplies they need in the first 15 min of game play, they will have to get what they need and avoid the cities, and think about how they are going to survive. Sure you have a slightly higher chance of getting an infection if you don't cook your meat or don't boil your water, but considering that Antibiotics spawn almost as commonly as bandages it seems there really is no reason to complain. It's easier to treat infection now than it was before the update, even with the added dangers.

So here's a thread to share what you like about the update! Negative feedback is welcome, but people wanting to post hate speeches about it can complain on one of the other 'I HATE DAYZ NAO' threads.

I personally will be playing Day Z even more than I have been now, because it's new and exciting, and now even challenging :)

Edited by MissSweeney
  • Like 13

I fucking love the new patch.

And I hope they do more, the harder the game the better.

It's an apocalyptic survival game. It's meant to be difficult to survive.

It's SUPPOSED to make it hard for you to live, and thrive. It was never supposed to be easy, or played with a "Casual" gaming style.

• Like 5

as a player i like the new patch.

yet as a server owner/admin of a private hive i hate this patch. it broke pretty much all the custom options a private should have if the owner chooses. so it just a pain in the ass and i rather revert back to 1.7.4.4 but DayZ.st server dont allow you do run the old patch.

I fucking love the new patch.

And I hope they do more, the harder the game the better.

It's an apocalyptic survival game. It's meant to be difficult to survive.

It's SUPPOSED to make it hard for you to live, and thrive. It was never supposed to be easy, or played with a "Casual" gaming style.

If this were at all the case, this would be true.

I like the overall patch, I love watching idiots run into town and get swarmed by zombies.

* Being sneaky actually pays off, but I still hate 3rd person...

- But o well, we can't get everything we wish...

• Like 1

I like the overall patch, I love watching idiots run into town and get swarmed by zombies.

* Being sneaky actually pays off, but I still hate 3rd person...

- But o well, we can't get everything we wish...

I hate 3rd person too, but I can't stand 1st person for too long, I just eventually start feeling boxed in.

But from the new footage I saw of the standalone the 1st person view looks a lot more natural.

Probably due to the huge graphical change in the engine.

I love this patch!! Reminds me of the DayZ of old. With tons on zeds infesting the citys ready to eat your tasty flesh if you make one false move. I haven't played dayz in over 4 months, seems like I gaot back into it at the right time.

Edited by PieEyedSniper
  • Like 1

Love it!

Sneaking is actually the way to go now, and as a self-proclaimed DayZ veteran, I think that zeds are actually a threat! I actually feel the need to team up with someone!

I think the patch is lob sided. Some aspect were buffed to make it more difficult. Some of them were made needlessly artificial which almost breaks the game. And some aspects were made easier or more robust.

Like for example eating raw meat is a great addition.

Superior meat from rabbits is a bit silly, but it brings some depth to hunting animals for food.

Making infection more prevalent in the world is a good addition.

Zeds spawning while you're in a vehicle is very nice.

Then some things are just really bad additions.

Like zeds being able to hit you inside a car while you can't hit them back. Either both can shoot or none can shoot through broken windows, not just one.

Zombies respawning as old ones are killed. What's the point of trying to clear an area if it's just repopulated at the same pace. Completely breaks the immersion of a static world.

Edited by Jonsse
  • Like 2

I hate 3rd person too, but I can't stand 1st person for too long, I just eventually start feeling boxed in.

But from the new footage I saw of the standalone the 1st person view looks a lot more natural.

Probably due to the huge graphical change in the engine.

Wish they could take the FOV option from Farcry 3...

I think I like the patch mainly because the day before I had picked up a Czech pack, and logged on the next day to find that it has 24 slots ;)

I really just don't understand how anyone can say that being sneaky is now useful.

My entire approach has always been to be super sneaky- actually crawling in towns, using cover, and so on.

Now, this is impossible. Zeds can see a crawling player from something like 150 yards away. I know this is true, because I've already been spotted approaching towns, while crawling, in the rain, in tall grass, from unbelievably far distances.

Stealth is finished in dayz, if they keep these super hearing/seeing or telepathic zombies the way they are. I assume the people saying it's a great addition have not actually snuck into any towns. It's impossible if there are many zombies.

Stealth is finished in dayz, if they keep these super hearing/seeing or telepathic zombies the way they are. I assume the people saying it's a great addition have not actually snuck into any towns. It's impossible if there are many zombies.

[Edit: My bad, I left out half of the quote, pretend the rest of the quote is there!]

I've seen you post this onto other threads. I'm wondering, since it's only this one same thing that you keep saying in each post, have you actually tried more than once? Not meaning to sound aggressive, just curious. It's a lot harder, for sure, but it's do able. I've been finding few vehicles and good loot around a few of the cities the past few days, and since this new patch came out I have been able to continue to go into the towns to loot and repair vehicles without dying. I also make a point to take cooked meat with me when I go looting, because as you say zombies WILL find and hit you. But it doesn't have to be a death sentence It's all about planning your survival.

Edited by MissSweeney
  • Like 1

I've found sneaking much, much easier in this patch. I've also found that the zeds will stop chasing me even if I run behind a corner and they can't see me. So I don't know what you're all talking about.

• Like 1

Zeds are a serious threat now. The first time I played the new patch me and some mates were running around Stary and I entered a house and got cornered in a room with no way out and zombies were pouring in, I had an M4A1 and still couldn't mow them all down in time. I had to call for backup and if my buds didn't show up when they did I most likely would have been overrun (which wouldn't have happened in a earlier patch).

So yeah, I love this patch.

Is there some sort of problem with the new patch and the Namalsk map? None of the **servers have updated to the latest release.

**Private hive

Edited by wtfisthis

Hmm... i've only been playing DayZ for a couple of week now so I've seen before and after the patch. As a DayZ noob i'm now being rewarded for my chicken shit peekaboo play style, so I'm quite happy with it...

Mind you. I'm not sure what the fuss is about around 1.7.5.1 as I've not noticed the zombies behaving unnaturally. I think that it's easier now from a detection point of view as the distance and noise levels at which the Zs react is more realistic and predictable...

If folks are just playing how they did in 1.7.4 then I would assume the new learning curve will start to settle in soon... only thing i'm not sure about is the numbers of respawning Z's, this could probably use some tweaking

The new patch seems fine, but having played extensively yesterday there are some major issues.

I had a helicopter and was refueling it, but obviously zombies were attracted to the sound of the fuel. No problem, I dispatched of them quietly with a hatchet. The problem was, like 30 seconds later more Zombies showed up. So obviously the quick zombie respawn time is pretty retarded.

Secondly, I got in the helicopter to check the fuel and naturally nearby Zombies who weren't previously attracted to me, are suddenly attracted to me because I'm sitting in a helicopter without the engine on. So they begin hitting the helicopter. Again, no problem... Except any damage to the windscreens as we all know magically means you will leak fuel.

• Like 2

I actually feel safer with the new zed ai because now I know that any bandit is going to have to deal with a town full of zeds when he pops a round of at me :D

• Like 1

I like it. Its really changed the dynamic of zombie encounters. My only complaint is the attacking in vehicles is a bit dumb. I was attacked driving a Ural down the coastal road while cruising at an easy 60. That thing is a fucking tank I don't get how that damn zed wasn't a hood ornament.

Now we have to go prone and crawl along the floor painfully slow to prevent zombies from killing you in an instant! YAY! :D I love spending half an hour just looting a couple of buildings in Electro! I also love the fact the the instant you kill a zombie another one spawns and runs back at you. And who would not love the fact that if you are in a car that you have no way to defend yourself and that every time you exit it, you have to relog to get rid of the 50+ zombies that have followed you through the entire map

Love this patch overall, there are some bugs but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

For the next patch can you just focus on the bugs?

In particular fix the Zeds ability to move through solid structures - the worst bug of all and personally cannot believe this has not been fixed months ago

Edited by wabbit

I love the update. I really can't complain about anything.

Is the game running a lot smoother for people as well? It is for me!