mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

Ok I must have missed something ...

-did the patches, did the update server and games and run both get server up goto join and nothing happends and get this message in the server window

21:02:26 HiveExt(0): [Information] HiveExt ce45a1f7524c
21:02:28 Database(0): [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at localhost: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10065), retrying in 1 seconds

and it continues to count but with an IP in place of "localhost" above if I leave localhost commented in the hiveExt (obviously because its trying to connect to official)

So how would I fix this... !? Ohh and I also tried my tunggle ip but it just crashes the server completly lol duno if that was it anyways... What did I miss?

My 2 cents on the patch.... Thank You for doing another patch.... but devs missed the boat.....

I didn't need a new game... I wanted the old one fixed...

example : Flipping ATVs

removal of P dots

increase infection but w/increase spawn on medicine

Let's add another heli to an already small map.... durr

Like heli's spawns at random thru out day with more weapons to lessin chances of AS50 and M107s being at almost every heli crash....

Can some1 tell me why NVGs are more rare than finding AS50 and M107s at crash sites ? And what's the deal with a range finders being hard to find ? Do people really consider NVGs/Range Finders more dangerous than AS50/M107s ?? Just curious....

Backpaks need to be adjusted?? hmmm don't remember readin suggestions on that anywhere, but again i don't read EVERY suggestion... devs bored ?

Zombies communicate? devs bored ?

I won't go thru each updated item.....

When you listed the G36 camo twice was one of those suppose to be the SD version? if not how the hell could you leave that out?!??!

that would work a very limited number of times... a very limited number of times.

Explain your logic or get called out.

People always complain about every patch, this one seems to have a lot less complaints then usual.

Cut and paste from Smasht_au's fellow mod Derpy_hooves.... Today, 04:31AM

Got to say alot of our player base are very unhappy wit h the patch, Zombies glitching right left and centre, pla yers getting stuck in debug and then losing all their ge ar. The zombies attacking the vehicles and hurting player s yeah i like that and it makes things a hell of alot toug her but the amount of problems we have received mak es it a tough decision to keep this patch or roll back....

tl;dr, Far too many glitches and a wealth of unhappy pl ayers on our database....

Edited by vecuccio

Cut and paste from Smasht_au's fellow mod Derpy_hooves.... Today, 04:31AM

Got to say alot of our player base are very unhappy wit h the patch, Zombies glitching right left and centre, pla yers getting stuck in debug and then losing all their ge ar. The zombies attacking the vehicles and hurting player s yeah i like that and it makes things a hell of alot toug her but the amount of problems we have received mak es it a tough decision to keep this patch or roll back....

tl;dr, Far too many glitches and a wealth of unhappy pl ayers on our database....

I can honestly say, on the couple of servers I play on, I've had no bugs at all. and the people I play with quite frequently have not experienced any bugs either. I love this new patch.

I'm very happy with new patch! Please Devs don't listen to people saying that game is too hard or they don't like game becoming more realistic. Just make the game how you like and I belive it's making it as complex and realistic as it gets. I can't wait to see more items and maybe few more melee weapons.

Keep up the good work!

My 2 cents on the patch.... Thank You for doing another patch.... but devs missed the boat.....

I didn't need a new game... I wanted the old one fixed...

example : Flipping ATVs

removal of P dots

increase infection but w/increase spawn on medicine

Let's add another heli to an already small map.... durr

Like heli's spawns at random thru out day with more weapons to lessin chances of AS50 and M107s being at almost every heli crash....

Can some1 tell me why NVGs are more rare than finding AS50 and M107s at crash sites ? And what's the deal with a range finders being hard to find ? Do people really consider NVGs/Range Finders more dangerous than AS50/M107s ?? Just curious....

Backpaks need to be adjusted?? hmmm don't remember readin suggestions on that anywhere, but again i don't read EVERY suggestion... devs bored ?

Zombies communicate? devs bored ?

I won't go thru each updated item.....

I love how people are complaining about zombies and how it sucks they have become what they were suppose to be from the beginning. They are suppose to be a threat, and communicate with each other. After all zombies still hold some sort of human "instincts", primarily pack instincts as its one of the strongest instincts we have, so if you dont want zombies go play wasteland mod.

And i believe the NVG/Rangefinder is so rare because they give you a MUCH higher advantage then a sniper rifle.

NVG = can always see, completely lame and misplaced

Rangefinder = no more need to use milldots, coz you always know your range aka 500x more efficient sniper.

Sniper rifle = ability to hit from long distance, completely skill based if you dont have NVG or rangefinder.

Also, small items like NVG and rangefinder are most likely some of the first items to be taken by survivors, as they are small, light weight and very usefull. This could leed to conclude that 90% of them are gone by the time you enter the DayZ world.

And fyi, if you had followed the github repo, you would have seen all the stuff they implemented, a looooooong time before it even got into the game.

Also, they fixed so much in this patch, and you choose to list 5 of the [NEW] stuff and complain...

The additions far outweigh the random whine from people tbh, all in all one of the best patches ever for DayZ with a big amount of fixes and adjustments.

And calling the devs bored..... sounds like you dont have any idea of how they are working or how this "community project" works... They worked theyre asses off for this release.

• Like 4

I love how people are complaining about zombies and how it sucks they have become what they were suppose to be from the beginning. They are suppose to be a threat, and communicate with each other. After all zombies still hold some sort of human "instincts", primarily pack instincts as its one of the strongest instincts we have, so if you dont want zombies go play wasteland mod.

And i believe the NVG/Rangefinder is so rare because they give you a MUCH higher advantage then a sniper rifle.

NVG = can always see, completely lame and misplaced

Rangefinder = no more need to use milldots, coz you always know your range aka 500x more efficient sniper.

Sniper rifle = ability to hit from long distance, completely skill based if you dont have NVG or rangefinder.

Also, small items like NVG and rangefinder are most likely some of the first items to be taken by survivors, as they are small, light weight and very usefull. This could leed to conclude that 90% of them are gone by the time you enter the DayZ world.

And fyi, if you had followed the github repo, you would have seen all the stuff they implemented, a looooooong time before it even got into the game.

Also, they fixed so much in this patch, and you choose to list 5 of the [NEW] stuff and complain...

The additions far outweigh the random whine from people tbh, all in all one of the best patches ever for DayZ with a big amount of fixes and adjustments.

And calling the devs bored..... sounds like you dont have any idea of how they are working or how this "community project" works... They worked theyre asses off for this release.

You're my favorite... :D

HMMMV are not spawning for me anybody else got this problem ?

You run a server?

If yes, you need spawn them youreself,their in the db.

That's not the issue, their ability to instantly recognize a human target moving quietly despite intervening opaque cover and then instantly transmit that information to other zombies within 80 meters that then unerringly find you like a meat seeking missile is where the majority of the complaints seem to come. I would have much rather their pathing had been fixed so they don't phase through walls like goddamned ghosts.

This logic is fundamentally wrongheaded, weapons like the AS50 are extremely rare, weapons like M40's are fairly rare, NVG's are not rare, the AN/PSQ-20 alone warranted a 560 million dollar contract over 5 years, that's ten of thousands of units, for a single iteration of the technology to a single country. NVG's would not be rare in a warzone, rangefinding optics even less so, no matter how easy to cart away they are. Your attempt to "balance the game" is a complete betrayal of the underlying experiment.

The additions are similarly wrong-headed, adding a Humvee is neat, adding a nerfed humvee is ridiculous; adding a bunch of new guns is sweet, making the majority of them Western Weapons Camo'd for the wrong enviroment is silly; adding a bunch of new food types based on specific animals is a meaningless distinction, rewarding you for eating animals that are according to Razor "harder to hunt" strains credulity; adding backpacks is handy, arbitrarily picking a used backpack to nerf and then restricting all the worthwhile ones to military spawns is asinine. The less said about the addition of the Kirk Roll the better, I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.

As far as I can tell, besides the architecture fixes (Which allegedly are causing a lot of people a lot of difficulty in connecting to the servers), and the zombie hearing (which a previous community update broke), the only thing they've really fixed is a single glitch relating to the transfusion animation.

There are certainly legitimate grievances, as there are with any unilateral action, to dismiss them out of hand is folly.

• Like 2

Patch has its ups and downs... i'm cool with zombie's being harder, but when they come from the walls and see me 100m+ away thats a bit much. Or 1 makarov shot nets me 30 freaking zeds x_x. I do enjoy the having to boil water and different meats, even like the backpack space change tbh.(though i wish there was at least a 20 slot available in the civilian areas) Also my biggest bitch is loosing my tent when i logged in...that hurt was very painful, and finnaly i was lagging more then normal which caused a death.

All in all great additions, but please for the love of god squish them bugs PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Enjoying the update - But I have been experiencing a bug.

The combat log icon seems to get stuck and is always flashing - it is apparent that I am not actually in combat or being chased because I can press escape and abort no problem. This same bug seems to also effect my hunger and thirst meters, they simply stay green forever. I don't think my health icon was effected because I saw it go down.

But on a different life, I had just survived a fire fight and was looking directly at my health. It said it was full and I wasn't bleeding, then I fell over dead - reapered in the debug forrest (thats the barrens at the edge of the map??) for a moment - then Im back in town (in a different room/house) and I pass out - the hourglass is spazzing out and hitting Esc did nothing. So I had to Alt - F4 :( .

Anyway, I don't know if that was a hacker or what... it was strange to say the least.

Edited by Hoik

its a silly question but, would the patch be automatically applied through DayZ commander ?

its a silly question but, would the patch be automatically applied through DayZ commander ?

Yes, the most current patch is live on Commander. You have to manually download though, as with all patches (though it's automatically applied).

This is one of the greatest patches for the mod I have seen in a very long time.

I really enjoy the direction it is going with more focus on survival.

I play on expert first person only servers and have seen a LOT more people running around with crossbows and hatchets then ever before. The ability and need to selectively take out a single zombie without alerting any other in the area is now useful other than hiding from other players.

I have seen bandits and heroes a like being overwhelmed by zombies by firing their weapon. With limited ammo the risk factor really jumps up when it comes to engaging another player or trying to get into a town for loot.

Most of the bugs people are complaining about.. I have seen none of them. I have had a couple times where I try to cautiously step over something and combat roll instead or the other way around which is a minor inconvenience. Yes the ammo on the ground is using different visuals whether intentional or not has little impact on the game besides being able to identify items on the run. You will be able to identify them on the run soon enough after you inspect and start to see what each item looks like again.

One of the biggest things I would like to see is the removal of the murder/bandits killed on the debug menu. Playing on an expert server with no death messages kind of defeats the purpose when you can simply look at the debug menu to see if that shot you fired was enough to take somebody out.

Edited by RuecanOnRails

That's not the issue, their ability to instantly recognize a human target moving quietly despite intervening opaque cover and then instantly transmit that information to other zombies within 80 meters that then unerringly find you like a meat seeking missile is where the majority of the complaints seem to come. I would have much rather their pathing had been fixed so they don't phase through walls like goddamned ghosts.

This logic is fundamentally wrongheaded, weapons like the AS50 are extremely rare, weapons like M40's are fairly rare, NVG's are not rare, the AN/PSQ-20 alone warranted a 560 million dollar contract over 5 years, that's ten of thousands of units, for a single iteration of the technology to a single country. NVG's would not be rare in a warzone, rangefinding optics even less so, no matter how easy to cart away they are. Your attempt to "balance the game" is a complete betrayal of the underlying experiment.

The additions are similarly wrong-headed, adding a Humvee is neat, adding a nerfed humvee is ridiculous; adding a bunch of new guns is sweet, making the majority of them Western Weapons Camo'd for the wrong enviroment is silly; adding a bunch of new food types based on specific animals is a meaningless distinction, rewarding you for eating animals that are according to Razor "harder to hunt" strains credulity; adding backpacks is handy, arbitrarily picking a used backpack to nerf and then restricting all the worthwhile ones to military spawns is asinine. The less said about the addition of the Kirk Roll the better, I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.

As far as I can tell, besides the architecture fixes (Which allegedly are causing a lot of people a lot of difficulty in connecting to the servers), and the zombie hearing (which a previous community update broke), the only thing they've really fixed is a single glitch relating to the transfusion animation.

There are certainly legitimate grievances, as there are with any unilateral action, to dismiss them out of hand is folly.

Instantly spot you? havent had this happen to me at any point since the update, sure its more difficult, but if you get instantly spottet its your own fault.

As for the rarerity, i dont follow your logic. According to Rocket, DayZ takes place a while after the outbreak, aka we lost the battle. This could indicate that all the military got wiped out and the rest fleed. Taking with them what ever gear they had.

You also need to consider the way NVG and Rangefinder are introduced into the game, they are crashing with choppers, so they would most likely "die" during the impact, as its fragile gear. Rifles are more robust, thus more enclined to survive a crash.

Yet another reason as to why its ok its rare.

As for the connection issues, its not a client or server issue, its a setup issue nothing else. If the server and client is setup correctly, theres no issues with connection, what so ever.

Yes, the most current patch is live on Commander. You have to manually download though, as with all patches (though it's automatically applied).

thanks

The ammo issue is part of the newest beta a lot of mods have been complaining about it.

Back packs - Ignore the weapon slots listed on the github wiki. Weapons take 10 slots.

Script errors - Server admins need to updated filters.

Epeen Monitor - Ill look into the removal of the bandits or delay it somehow.

Dev Info - If you wish to have a say about new versions hit github i don't always have time to read the forums and git hub issues and work 2 jobs and deal with 3 kids.

line of sight - Nothing changed here its always been the same the only difference now zeds shout before they chase this is the chain reaction of speak we mention.

Zeds hitting tho walls. This has always been possible we have looked at many ways to stop this but we have found every way is going to take needed cpu cycles away from the system. Zeds don't hit players, players hit them self's when zeds are within 3 meters of the player (if ((_unit distance player) <= 3) then {). Don't put yourself up into a corner or too close to a wall this has always been a rule of DayZ :-).

Zeds Moving thought objects does need to be fixed this is a bug.

As for bugs and issues this version has had the least reported issues so far. Outside of general stupidity. Oh look car lets see what rolling into it does!!!

Install info

Servers need to install both @hive update and @dayz folder updates as well as mission file and battleye filters.

Clients need to update the @dayz folder and arma 2 beta.

• Like 4

A crucial bug:

1) After surviving very long on low blood i got eventually killed by a zombie. I disconnected, pressed OK to reconnect and i respawned on a random location with exactly the same gear that i had before but also very low on blood (the amount i used to had before i got killed)

2) Today i got on NWA, killed and ran away from some zombies, got in my car and drove off to a hercules crash site. I looted the crash site, moved the car away, disconnected and on reconnect i was back on NWA with the gear i had BEFORE i found the crash site (so lots of stuff is gone)

2.1) I ran back to where i parked the car and the car was still there where i left it at (2)

2.2) Logged out, some thing happens: i respawn at NWA

2.3) I take another car, drive off to the hercules (combat system flashing), waited until it was green (while i was still driving) got out, disconnected and everything saved succesfully.

I think there are issue's with the combat system. It might be that i was logging off at (2) because the combat system allowed me to, but there where still aggrod zombies on NWA?

Defenately a save issue here. I solved (1) by deleting my character and profile from the database.

The save issue could be caused by the server admin not updating everything as they should or using custom hive files. You mention new wrecks witch means the server.pbo has been messed with.

Top 5 servers running now are all running fine the admins have spent time setting everything up to work with .5.1. They report no issues saving yet.

Changelog sounds amazing and in the time i spent on random servers i did not experience more bugs than usual.

But since the update i can not play on my usual server which kinda sucks

I do find that the Z's calling to each other is a little overdone.

I've found matches & knife so am able to survive well enough but entering a town (Stary Sobor) or any other to search for (much needed) ammo is really not worth the risk.

I'm down to greyscale blood count with zero ammo, so what do I do now....?

Throw my weapon and go hunting for sheep/goat with my axe in the fields south of Vyshnoye knowing from experience that the Z's are going to spot me from way to far before I can loot the beast !

Or, stay in the woods and hope to stumble on a boar ?

I repeat : I do find that the Z's calling to each other is a little overdone.

I am a Rare Wolf, not a Lone Wolf.

Zeds hitting tho walls. This has always been possible we have looked at many ways to stop this but we have found every way is going to take needed cpu cycles away from the system. Zeds don't hit players, players hit them self's when zeds are within 3 meters of the player (if ((_unit distance player) <= 3) then {). Don't put yourself up into a corner or too close to a wall this has always been a rule of DayZ :-).

This makes no sense at all. You are saying we are hitting ourselves when a zombie gets close to us? Seems rather silly doesn't it?