mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

So, after playng around 15 hours since the update came out, this is what i noticed:

- tents disappear after server restart;

- found no crash sites;

- found no vehicles;

I passworded my server to test the update, becuse there were alot of hackers yesterday after i updated, so i thought someone might have been teleported the vehicles (don`t know how to find out, i`m a lame admin as i am not able to read scripts and logs), but still, no chrash sites neighter. I see that the #44 and #21 errors are now gone, and found alot of other topics that talk about weapon mags.

Anyway, i am curious if anyone else got these problems, or maybe i haven`t done something right.

Thanks.

If you're using Gotcha to restart the server without setting an executable it's restart method no longer works. The problem is Gotcha (and my own custom built program) actually send "#restart" to the server, which forces to the map to restart and refresh all the loot spawns etc, now the problem here is that sending "#restart" no longer loads in any objects from the database.

I'm not sure if this is to do with the new beta patch or the way that 1.7.5.1 actually handles things now but if Matt/R4Z0R49 could look into this it would be of much use. We rely heavily on our restart program and at the minute we can't restart the server with it because of this issue.

I had reports of this last night from users on my servers with the LRR from pre patch, the G36C SD class you are holding in the top right is the cause I guess, probably not allowed now either.

I've also seen reports of those green circles with the M107_DZ though.

New patch might be conflicting with the build the private whitelisted server is using. The primary that was disappeared a G36_SD and my secondary was a Makarov_SD. I rifle I have above is a M4A3 Holo.

Edited by Dallas

New patch might be conflicting with the build the private whitelisted server is using. The primary that was disappeared a G36_SD and my secondary was a Makarov_SD. I rifle I have above is a M4A3 Holo.

Thx gonna get the makarov_sd replaced in my db

If you're using Gotcha to restart the server without setting an executable it's restart method no longer works. The problem is Gotcha (and my own custom built program) actually send "#restart" to the server, which forces to the map to restart and refresh all the loot spawns etc, now the problem here is that sending "#restart" no longer loads in any objects from the database.

I'm not sure if this is to do with the new beta patch or the way that 1.7.5.1 actually handles things now but if Matt/R4Z0R49 could look into this it would be of much use. We rely heavily on our restart program and at the minute we can't restart the server with it because of this issue.

I`m restarting via TCAdmin control panel. Tried to simply restart and also stop-start server, same result: tents dissapear, no vehicles or crash sites to be found.

Thanks.

Edited by cris
  • Like 1

I'm new to these forums, and relatively new to DayZ. My question is: When will our server be running on DayZ 1.7.5.1? Is it something we need to wait to be done, or something we can do ourselves? Thanks for the help

Silhouette

* [uPDATED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meter.

This is the bane of my existence now. If one happens to see me a chain reaction happens where every zed in the city is chasing me due to each being within 80m of the previous one that heard another zed go aggro. On top of that I swear the visibility while crouch-walking has increased. I get aggro'd zed chasing me from 80+ meters away while crouch-walking. It makes it crazy hard to get some basic gear as a fresh-spawn.

* [NEW] - New zed & loot spawn systems rewrote Phase 1.

Secondly I seem to be noticing that the spawn rates of loot has decreased both in quantity and quality. I hit about a half dozen deer stands that had zilch. But I do like that zed don't spawn in the same exact spot. Deer stands could be pretty predictable with zed, 3 spawned heading in the direction away from the deer stand into the open field. Now that is not necessarily the case.

* [uPDATED] - Limted amount of ammo found with weapons.

This update also made it the usual to find no ammo with weapons and if you're lucky you find maybe one mag.

I am frustrate...

This update looks brilliant alround.

It has improved the realism of the game superbly, most of the criteria in this update is brilliant and is much needed to improve the realism of the game.

Now as useawel we have a bunch of dumb faced shit heads posting there crap, for instance these people complaining about how having to boil water and things with infection and the other various things along these lines i am sure you can work them out. now you are complaining it is going to make the game more frustrating and as you put it "shit", now if you had any sence what so ever you would know in real life all these things would be a crucial thing and thus making the game a much better reality based game.

Now i suggest you go pick up a casual shooter and piss off.

is this now the warz forum?

rabbid fanboys shouting down anyone who doesnt see things exactly the way the developer(s) chose to implement things?

some of the comments along the line of "fix the zombie glitches before making them harder" and "why make it tougher for solo players" seem fair comment to me. i dont know how experienced in life some of the people making comments like yours are but do you really expect everyone to agree with everything all the time?

maybe its me but i presume that people voicing concerns about features or directions the game is going in are far more valueable to developers than fawning yes-men.

• Like 4

* [uPDATED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meter.

This is the bane of my existence now. If one happens to see me a chain reaction happens where every zed in the city is chasing me due to each being within 80m of the previous one that heard another zed go aggro. On top of that I swear the visibility while crouch-walking has increased. I get aggro'd zed chasing me from 80+ meters away while crouch-walking. It makes it crazy hard to get some basic gear as a fresh-spawn.

* [NEW] - New zed & loot spawn systems rewrote Phase 1.

Secondly I seem to be noticing that the spawn rates of loot has decreased both in quantity and quality. I hit about a half dozen deer stands that had zilch. But I do like that zed don't spawn in the same exact spot. Deer stands could be pretty predictable with zed, 3 spawned heading in the direction away from the deer stand into the open field. Now that is not necessarily the case.

* [uPDATED] - Limted amount of ammo found with weapons.

This update also made it the usual to find no ammo with weapons and if you're lucky you find maybe one mag.

I am frustrate...

I'm in love with these. I haven't afraid so much for a long time to loot some military places. Jesus firing a Makarov in Stary and 30 zombies are after you. This patch headed in the right direction but I think lowering the talk radius bit would be better just not too much. This is how hard it should be to loot a military places.

And to the last one I think I found even more ammo than before with Winchesters and Makarovs. Maybe I was just lucky :P

Edited by St. Jimmy

Got to say alot of our player base are very unhappy with the patch, Zombies glitching right left and centre, players getting stuck in debug and then losing all their gear.

The zombies attacking the vehicles and hurting players yeah i like that and it makes things a hell of alot tougher but the amount of problems we have received makes it a tough decision to keep this patch or roll back....

tl;dr, Far too many glitches and a wealth of unhappy players on our database....

• Like 1

never had any of the problems listed above but i listed some tiny problems i had with the update about 1 or 2 pages ago

Got to say alot of our player base are very unhappy with the patch, Zombies glitching right left and centre, players getting stuck in debug and then losing all their gear.

The zombies attacking the vehicles and hurting players yeah i like that and it makes things a hell of alot tougher but the amount of problems we have received makes it a tough decision to keep this patch or roll back....

tl;dr, Far too many glitches and a wealth of unhappy players on our database....

Never had any of these problems....

People spawning in Debug without items are often the result of a Loading screen death.

- I LOVE THIS PATCH! only thing missing is the Chopper crashes...

I've played extensively the last day with the new patch. I am a player who enjoys challenges and realism, and I agree that upping the challenge level and adding things like needing to boil water are great. Having zombies communicate and raising the consequences of them discovering you are fine....however.

There definately is a bug or huge problem with the range and ease that Zeds can now spot a player, when they are not aggroed beforehand.

I've been pursued from zombies well out of range of my primary weapons- maybe 200, 250 yards away from me, while I was attempting to crawl into town. In the rain. In tall grass.

I can't even see the zombies spotting me, I hear 'em comin'.

This makes a "sneaky" style of single player who creeps in and out like a ghost utterly impossible- basically ruining my experience.

If a player takes the time to crawl, use cover and so on, if they keep well out of the zombies paths, it should be feasible to survive.

This happened to me 8, 9 times. I tried logging out and back in. Still happens. Once one sees me, of course, an army of them are on me.

The only reason I lived was having a huge backup supply of food and medical supplies. You can no longer use trees to hide from the things. They respot you are long range, and it starts again.

I appreciate the efforts made by the devs....and understand where they are coming from, but I think the uber-eyesight or hearing zombie apocolypse is a huge mistake, because it basically forces a player to battle the whole town, when the point is to avoid the zombies in the first place.

Thanks for Reading,

Patrick

• Like 5

the initial talk radius could be lowered to 60m or so, but the additional chain should occur though at an exponential decay rate... ie, 60m talk for the original zombie who sees you, 12m for the zombies who got the message from zombie #1, 6m, from zombie #2, 2m from zombie #3, and 1m from zombie #4... probably can stop at this point (if not sooner). this would give an actual max distance of close to 80m as originally intended without getting the whole city. whoever, this is calculated constantly, so any new zombie that sees you directly can reinitiate communication.

i like the premise as this makes me want to NOT aggro zombies a lot more and makes a single aggro potentially very dangerous.

• Like 3

The initial range that a zombie can now see/hear a crawling player in grass and rain seems incredibly far. The zombie that spotted me the furtherest out, prone, was quite a lot smaller than the post sight on my mp5.

That, too me, is ridiculous.

Servers seem much laggier in general when highly populated.

I was getting periodic fps drops for 10-15 seconds and then things would return to normal.

Not sure if this is because of active code or some thing else but it's been much more noticeable since the update.

I also feel that the armies of zombies are a bit ridiculous but it hasn't affected me nearly as much as other players.. just agreeing that I've noticed a lot easier agro and once you do, you're being chased by the entire town.

Still, great stuff, I love the new gui stuff. :)

It's been stated, but I will post my findings:

• Loot icons have different (Or new?) graphics. Magazines and Shells have swapped icons now.
  • Zombies are now hitting you through vehicles, without breaking the glass. (intended?)
  • Heli crashes do not spawn at all
  • More Zombies in towns
  • Zombies keeping you in combat from over 1km away.
  • Abort being disabled even though you are not in combat

It is just my opinion, but I think the code should be more open to us server admins and operators. Let us decide what we want on our servers. Open up more weapons and vehicles and allow us to customize our own servers to our own liking. Mods like DayZ need to be more customization friendly and not just with a new map, or a new addon. Let us make our own servers totally unique with new weapon combos, vehicles, buildings, etc...

• Like 1

1) Why should a rabbit yield the most "blood value" when cooked?

It does not make any sense, other than the devs entertain some kind of twisted notion of "balancing" (rabbits are difficult to catch, ergo more valuable). Rabbits are inherently difficult to catch/kill, why this need for rewarding the player? Why having this silly bonus as some kind of incentive, why have people go running after rabbits?

I suppose a player would be forced to use a firearm or a crossbow for killing a rabbit (as opposed to use a hatchet) and if using a firearm attract the attention of zombies and other players, but that would not explain having the rabbit offer the highest "blood" yield of all the meat objects.

2) Why the poor storage space in a HMMWV? Even less than the storage amount of any decent backpack with respect for the amount of magazines to be carried.

I guess no one ever heard of rabbit starvation? you can die from eating to much rabbit. its a lean meat and very little protein. Edited by m1lkm8n

Another feature DayZ needs to add to the settings is where you can press a button and your character will Auto Run

• Like 2

It's been stated, but I will post my findings:

• Loot icons have different (Or new?) graphics. Magazines and Shells have swapped icons now.
  • Zombies are now hitting you through vehicles, without breaking the glass. (intended?)
  • Heli crashes do not spawn at all
  • More Zombies in towns
  • Zombies keeping you in combat from over 1km away.
  • Abort being disabled even though you are not in combat

It is just my opinion, but I think the code should be more open to us server admins and operators. Let us decide what we want on our servers. Open up more weapons and vehicles and allow us to customize our own servers to our own liking. Mods like DayZ need to be more customization friendly and not just with a new map, or a new addon. Let us make our own servers totally unique with new weapon combos, vehicles, buildings, etc...

No, simply because it will be a "oh if you join our server you start with this. Fine then our server will give you a heli" and also the problem of bugs/inconsistencies in gameplay. What if a server starts you with as50s, then everyone would just join that server to get an as50 and leave. I see where you're coming from but it wont work.for private hives. Fine. But they already have that so in assuming you're talking about public hive, which wouldn't work.

No, simply because it will be a "oh if you join our server you start with this. Fine then our server will give you a heli" and also the problem of bugs/inconsistencies in gameplay. What if a server starts you with as50s, then everyone would just join that server to get an as50 and leave. I see where you're coming from but it wont work.for private hives. Fine. But they already have that so in assuming you're talking about public hive, which wouldn't work.

I meant my post with regards to private servers. As the public servers are being phased out, so to speak, I would hope some more customization would come our way.

Hmmhh.. Thus far (..the list alone) seem's decent, good at best. I'm not too happy with some of the changes; HeliCrashes spawning as the Client moves through-out the Server (Much how Ammo Box spawning work's, it could lead to HeliCrash spawning) Along with adding varied weapon's.. I liked that the weapon's came few-and-far between. You had a clear choice: A] Follow the US-route, with the M4 / M16 varient's-B] The Russian route, with the AK series and so on (..With the odd German / English weapons). I suppose I'm just too conservative in what I like in-game, ah well. I'll learn to live with it.

Sorry but new patch this and that, interest in DayZ is vanishing at such speed that admins need to offer all kinds of things like better loadout, custom weapon loot table, no day/night cycle etc to attract a number of players large enough to justify all the shit and expenses associated with running a server. Without private servers this game would be dead already.

• Like 1