mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

And still forcing the game to close is a viable strategy for avoiding death...

I really hope this is fixed for standalone.

Also:

* [FIXED] - Variable spelling mistakes hsould be corrected now.

Heheh...

Edited by Wrath

I like it - escaping from zombies is a bit harder now.

However i am not too sure about not only having to wait for the combat icon to go green after finally escaping the zombies but also still having to wait a minute (it says 30 seconds, but no way is it 30 seconds) before logging out.

I'm all for no logging out during 'combat' but having to sit watching a countdown for a minute is a tad too far. 15 or so seconds would be ideal if you are in the clear.

EDIT: I am talking about logging out for the night/session, not pussying out if anyone starts on me!

Edited by DemonGroover

* [NEW] - After you have eatern a canned product you now get an empty tincan back.

I think, we have enought problems with inventory system and in real life nobody need or/and puting empty cans in to his gears after eating beans.

It's so you can boil water...

Still really can't understand the decision to ban BAF_LRR_Scoped and BAF_LRR_Scoped_W but leave AS50 and M107 unbanned. I understand it might not be what the developers want in the mod but I see now reason to ban it over those two guns.

Many private hives used to use this weapon as a substitute for AS50/M107 now we can no longer do this without client downloads :(

Edited by seaweed

Big time problems with the M107...It allows you to right click and mark targets like you were in a vehicle, and when you put a zeroed mildot over the marker a circle appears letting you know that you are on target...Big time over powered...Was this put in intentionally?

Big time problems with the M107...It allows you to right click and mark targets like you were in a vehicle, and when you put a zeroed mildot over the marker a circle appears letting you know that you are on target...Big time over powered...Was this put in intentionally?

Was also seeing this last night with other sniper rifles too, don't think it's intentional as I don't see it in the change notes and it seems a crazy change to want to make...

Edited by seaweed

Nice. Really nice. Finally more things added for survival.

And yeah, rabbits now have a purpose (btw, rabbit meat is deemed to be very healthy IRL so it's safe to assume it gives much more blood. I just think it shouldn'[t give a lot while raw)

Can't understand people bitching about coyote pack - if it's 6 weapons OR 24 slots, it's okay. You can safely stuff 6 rifles in it and it will weight around 45kg then, so everything's fair.

The only thing I would change: empty cans should drop on the ground after being eaten. If I need one to boil water - i'll just pick one up.

• Like 1

So we get

* [NEW] - Zeds now have the ability to damage vehicles. This is limited to glass only once glass is destroyed players within will be damaged.

but not

* [FIXED] - Helis leak fuel when windows are broken

Not a good solution, guys. Fix those helis!

Other than that, this update feels like we got nothing we can do, only stuff we must do. Overall, it seems a tad rushed, but not knowing the development process that just might be part of the process, why do QA when you have players who'll cry about issues either way.

Edited by Elvaron

So, apparently, Dayz Dev has removed the ability for private servers to enable rmod...

Excellent,

Score one for the System.

So, we used to be able to just send #restart to the server to restart the server (Gotcha does this as far as I know) but that no longer works. It will reload the map but it doesn't load any of the objects back in anymore. Is there anyway to fix this?

i played about an hour of this new update and i'm injoying it so far but i do hate somethings about it,

1 empty cans after eatting meals is annoying, cans should drop on the ground.

2 battle eye error #44 i get it everytime i join and server only way to fix it is to reinstall the beta arma 2 patch and join again.

3 wrong weapon mag models, (M9 Pistol mags for Shotgun slug rounds 2 & 8 stack + winchester 15 stack,SVD dragonov mag for a leenfield).

4 antibiotic spawns should be rare again i found 12 packs in cherno alone this morning.

5 battle eye error #21 " Script restriction" i get this error at random not sure why have to reinstall beta arma 2 patch and join again to keep playing.

thats all i hate about this update so far.

Finally

* [NEW] - After you have eatern a canned product you now get an empty tincan back.

I think, we have enought problems with inventory system and in real life nobody need or/and puting empty cans in to his gears after eating beans.

Of course you would keep empty cans. How else would you boil water or drink or eat without plates and cups? :P

I admit I was dreading this update. I hate all the food/blood changes and felt imposed upon knowing they were coming and that for ever more there will be more changes to the mod. Then I played it and I bloody loved it. Those are some mean zombies! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

I am getting SEVERE problems with this update.

When driving a vehicle, the Zeds spawn like they should, but if they get close enough to the vehicle to hit it (as they should be doing as part of this patch), as soon as they do hit the vehicle I am booted from the game for "Battleye: Script Restriction #45" and all subsequent login attempts are met immediately with a "Battleye: Script Restriction #44" upon hitting the 'Ok' button from the lobby. After about 20 login attempts the server finally went thru the new login process and let me on. After which, I had to scramble to find the vehicle I had been driving and get away before any Zeds could attack it and get me kicked again. Wasn't an isolated incident either, vehicle was attacked 3 or 4 times and each time I was immediatly kicked in the manner described above.

Also, on an unrelated note, I cannot figure out what this new 'weapon slots' upgrade to backpacks is supposed to be. After testing it, they seem to function just as they did before, with rifles taking up 10 slots in my Coyote backpack. Can anyone provide a link to explain it?

The new food mechanics worked pretty well, I killed a cow by running it over and then gutted it. It gave me 6 of the new 'raw beef' loot. However, where the game normally tells you 'Gutted Cow: 6 Raw Beef on corpse' the name of the loot seems to be returning a null value to the server, as it now says 'Gutted Cow: 6 on corpse' and 'you cooked 6' instead of 'you cooked 6 raw beef'.

Finally, Is it just me, or does it seem like there are A LOT less Zeds? They all agro'd correctly after the update, responding better to sounds etc, but there just seem to be so few of them, which I guess is a good thing considering all the issues I was having with them attacking the vehicle.

Outside of those issues, the update contains a lot of things I had hoped would be included eventually. Provided the kinks get worked out, I say bravo.

Edited by CitizenQ
  • Like 1

USE THE LATEST BETA: 101480

The ideal place to load bugs is at the community bug tracker:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/dayz

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Patch Download

Dayz Files: http://cdn.armafiles...7.5.1-Patch.rar

Hive Files: http://cdn.armafiles...7.5.1-Patch.rar

Full Download

Client Files: http://cdn.armafiles....7.5.1-Full.rar

Server Files: http://cdn.armafiles....7.5.1-Full.rar

Prerequisites

* [Prerequisites] beta-patch ((Newest)).

* [Prerequisites] Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 x86 Redistributable (http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8328)

* [Prerequisites] New Mission File Downloaded from (http://www.silentspy...sion-generator/)

Build Notes

Affected addons:

* dayz code

* dayz anims

* dayz server (server admins only)

* mission file (server admins only)

Changelog:

* [NEW] Weapon - Sa58P_EP1. (Military)

* [NEW] Weapon - Sa58V_EP1. (Military)

* [NEW] Weapon - Sa58V_RCO_EP1. (MilitaryS)

* [NEW] Weapon - Sa58V_CCO_EP1. (MilitaryS)

* [NEW] Weapon - G36C. (HeliCrash)

* [NEW] Weapon - G36C_camo. (HeliCrash)

* [NEW] Weapon - G36A_camo. (HeliCrash)

* [NEW] Weapon - G36K_camo. (HeliCrash)

* [NEW] Weapon - M40A3 (MilitaryS)

* [NEW] Vehicle - HMMWV_DZ.

* [NEW] Vehicle - MH6J_DZ.

* [NEW] - Ability to flip ATV's.

* [NEW] - Zeds spawn while in vehicles.

* [NEW] - Zeds now have the ability to damage vehicles. This is limited to glass only once glass is destroyed players within will be damaged.

* [NEW] - Zeds now have the ability to pull you from open vehicles.

* [NEW] - New Load screens added.

* [NEW] - Chopper weapons can now be reloaded.

* [NEW] - UH60Wreck added

* [NEW] - New zed & loot spawn systems rewrote Phase 1.

* [NEW] - Revamped GUI icons to now empty as you lose the relevent item (blood,food,water) Thanks Des

* [NEW] - Infection changes when eating food and drinking water. (tin and canned items don't count)

* [NEW] - Epeen monitor added to display player stats. (Zombies Killed, Headshots, Murders, Bandits Killed, Humanity) - Press Scroll Lock to use

* [NEW] - Toolbox is now needed to build Wire,tanktrap.

* [NEW] - Etool is now needed to build Sandbags.

* [NEW] - 5 New types of food ("FoodmuttonCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodBaconCooked","HIDDEN","FooedRabbitCooked").

* [NEW] - 4 New Raw food. ("FoodbaconRaw","FoodchickenRaw","FoodmuttonRaw","foodrabbitRaw")

* [NEW] - Bloodbags can now give an infection.

* [NEW] - Added moving combat roll (KK's Volt).

* [NEW] - Survived Dayz added to Epeen monitor.

* [NEW] - Cutting down trees now attracts zeds.

* [NEW] - Added definition of arrays for meatraw / meatcooked

* [NEW] - You can now eat raw meat (low hp add + possible infection), and Cooked meat (high hp add w/o infection)

* [NEW] - RawMeat blood values (beef-100,rabbit-400,bacon-150,chicken-100,mutton-100).

* [NEW] - Cookedmeat blood values (beef-600,rabbit-1600,bacon-400,chicken-400,mutton-400).

* [NEW] - You can now boil water using a fire,TrashTinCan or ItemSodaEmpty and fullwaterbottle

* [NEW] - Water (possible infection), and Boiled Water (w/o infection)

* [uPDATED] - BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS replaced with BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo. (HeliCrash)

* [uPDATED] - Added a much faster login process. (Advantages: Login Speed up)

* [uPDATED] - Limted amount of ammo found with weapons.

* [uPDATED] - Gender selection images updated thanks Des.

* [uPDATED] - Updated infection chance during zed attacks from 1/1000 to 1/500.

* [uPDATED] - Changed Loot tables to increase the supply of Antibiotic drops.

* [uPDATED] - Combat Mode is now affected by everything you do and everything done to you

* [uPDATED] - Updated Mi17_DZ and UH1H_DZ to max ammo Max 100 rounds per gun.

* [uPDATED] - UH1 Crash sites no longer all spawn on server start but throughout the game.

* [uPDATED] - Damage processing for zombieattacks with prebuilded weighted arrays. (Advantages: speedup and saves a lot of cpu cycles)

* [uPDATED] - Much faster fn_instring.

* [uPDATED] - Cargo space redo.

* [uPDATED] - CZ_VestPouch_EP1 to be more useful 12 slots 0 weapon slots.

* [uPDATED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meter.

* [uPDATED] - Combat Logging is now active during Zombie chase.

* [uPDATED] - Backpacks updated.

* [uPDATED] - Animal Meat reset. 6(cow),4(goat),4(sheep),4(boar),2(Hen),1(Rabbit)

* [uPDATED] - Epeen monitor moved to scroll lock key and work started on moving to diary

* [uDDATED] - Massive cleanup remove all useless files.

* [uPDATED] - Redone all public EH's

* [uPDTAED] - Combat/zombie logout + anti-duping overhall

* [uPDATED] - String tables to include = English, German, Russian, Spanish, Dutch, French

* [uPDATED] - All base class's have been updated to match the dayz removal proc's (weapons)

* [FIXED] - Zeds hearing should now be fixed.

* [FIXED] - Temperature icon color now ranges from iceblue (cold) to red (hot)

* [FIXED] - German Tranlations updated.

* [FIXED] - mi17 gunner seat is now fixed (you no longer stand outside)

* [FIXED] - Bloodbag glitch fixed.

* [FIXED] - UH1Y_DZ animation issues.

* [FIXED] - Infection is now fixed loss of blood 3 per sec (will not drop below 3k blood)

* [FIXED] - Epeen monitor animation should now work correct without the fps drop.

* [FIXED] - DZ_Czech_Vest_Puch backpack class config.

* [FIXED] - Variable spelling mistakes hsould be corrected now.

* [FIXED] - Moved all new foods to stringtable.

* [FIXED] - Fixed infection chance when giving blood.(No longer applys to player giving blood) :-(

* [FIXED] - ALT F4 Sync issue now fixed

* [FIXED] - Pause menu can no longer be assigned to mouse keys to bypass respawn.

* [REMOVED] - BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS (Based on poll)

* [REMOVED] - Banned m136 as it never really worked and served no real purpose.

* [REMOVED] - In Combat bot removed while we work on speed improvements.

* [REMOVED] - Peripheral Vision. (Peripheral Dots)

* [REMOVED] - MPTable Removed.

Hotfix Changes 1.7.5.1.

* [uPDATED] - STR_ITEMWATERBOTTLEBOILED_CODE_DESC - German (Eine Flasche mit abgekochten Wasser)

* [uPDATED] - STR_ITEMWATERBOTTLEBOILED_CODE_DESC - French (Une bouteille a été remplie d'eau bouillie qui peut être consommée.)

* [uPDATED] - HMMWV Cargo space. (transportMaxWeapons = 4;, transportMaxMagazines = 12;, transportmaxbackpacks = 4;)

* [FIXED] - HMMWV Should now be able to be repaired fully.

* [FIXED] - Gut object should be working without errors.

* [FIXED] - Repair option should now only work on vehicles.

* [FIXED] - AS50 was mistakenly banned now unbanned.

I hope i don't catch HIV or AIDS from bloodbags :(

So, after playng around 15 hours since the update came out, this is what i noticed:

- tents disappear after server restart;

- found no crash sites;

- found no vehicles;

I passworded my server to test the update, becuse there were alot of hackers yesterday after i updated, so i thought someone might have been teleported the vehicles (don`t know how to find out, i`m a lame admin as i am not able to read scripts and logs), but still, no chrash sites neighter. I see that the #44 and #21 errors are now gone, and found alot of other topics that talk about weapon mags.

Anyway, i am curious if anyone else got these problems, or maybe i haven`t done something right.

Thanks.

are other previously left "unbanned" weapons but not in game weapons removed? Saw a note about the LR115...wondering about:

M4A1_RCO_GL

RPK_74

M107 (that takes backpack slot...not M107_DZ)

G36_C_SD_Eotech

are other previously left "unbanned" weapons but not in game weapons removed? Saw a note about the LR115...wondering about:

M4A1_RCO_GL

RPK_74

M107 (that takes backpack slot...not M107_DZ)

G36_C_SD_Eotech

I tested a few last night all the ones I tried worked cept for the LRR, I tested SVD L85 ACOG, M4A1_RCO

https://github.com/R...ZMod/issues/339

Super bummed about this, even the LRR ammo is OK.

Edited by seaweed

Felt like I took a performance hit from this patch.

It also disappeared my primary and secondary on a whitelisted server.

Also at various times a white crosshair would appear replacing my green UI crosshairs and whenever I right clicked to zoom, it would select and target different types of static objects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MArS1B7mA78

Edited by Dallas

Felt like I took a performance hit from this patch.

It also disappeared my primary and secondary on a whitelisted server.

Also at various times a white crosshair would appear replacing my green UI crosshairs and whenever I right clicked to zoom, it would select and target different types of static objects.

I had reports of this last night from users on my servers with the LRR from pre patch, the G36C SD class you are holding in the top right is the cause I guess, probably not allowed now either.

I've also seen reports of those green circles with the M107_DZ though.

Edited by seaweed