mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the mod having played for a few days. I've installed Arma throough Steam and then installed the Mod through Dayzcommander. Having just got home I've updated the mod to 1.7.5.1 through Dayzcommander and also updated Arma 2 through Dayzcommander to 101480.

Whenever I join a server now it seems to load, I get to the lobby and click connect. Halfway through loading the screen changes from Dayz to show a load of tanks (i'm assuming from Arma2 loading screens) and then it counts in the bottom right corner and then says "oops, something's gone wrong and disconnects.

I can't seem to get it working. Is this because I patched the game through Dayzcommander instead of waiting for steam to update ? Is there any way to fix it ?

cheers.

It is because the server you wanna join, isn´t yet updated to latest version

* [uPDTAED] - Combat/zombie logout + anti-duping overhall

"Updtaed"

* [FIXED] - Variable spelling mistakes hsould be corrected now.

"hsould" Hmmmmmm, Ironic isn't it :P

* [uPDATED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meter.

That sounds scary.... Wonder what zeds would talk about...?

Awesome update though, so much!

• Like 1

It is because the server you wanna join, isn´t yet updated to latest version

I have the same problem and it happens on servers that are clearly listed as 1.7.5.1

When trying to join through DayZCommander, i can join, but get the "something went wrong", "loading character data" and then after some time "wrong version" error

When I try to join in arma directly, i get "connecting failed"

All on servers that state "1.7.5.1" in their name.

Is the 30 seconds timer before being able to click on abort part of the new patch? It says 30 seconds, but it so slow it's more like a minute. It bit irritating when you have to stop playing. What is it for?

Is the 30 seconds timer before being able to click on abort part of the new patch? It says 30 seconds, but it so slow it's more like a minute. It bit irritating when you have to stop playing. What is it for?

It stops people from combat logging.

Blood transfusion Infections, zombie's pulling people from cars, tin can litter and boiling water are cool in a technical way but fucking retarded in a "this was neat for 5min. but now it's just ultra annoying" kind of way.

Sure, it's probably fun for the devs to work it out and see just how far they can push the envelope, but over-complication and nuisance for the sake of nuisance are a good way to please a tiny yet vocal minority while pissing off everyone else.

What was a nuisance when I started playing the game was that I couldn't drink water while standing in a pond, with empty cans in my inventory.

This update looks brilliant alround.

It has improved the realism of the game superbly, most of the criteria in this update is brilliant and is much needed to improve the realism of the game.

Now as useawel we have a bunch of dumb faced shit heads posting there crap, for instance these people complaining about how having to boil water and things with infection and the other various things along these lines i am sure you can work them out. now you are complaining it is going to make the game more frustrating and as you put it "shit", now if you had any sence what so ever you would know in real life all these things would be a crucial thing and thus making the game a much better reality based game.

Now i suggest you go pick up a casual shooter and piss off.

I'm requesting that someone explains/shows me an explanation on how the new item + weapon slots of backpacks work.

Why am i dead when i spawn into the game now?

That's the big Shyamalan twist ending to DayZ:

EVERYONE'S DEAD.

• Like 1

Love the update but not battleye. Literally getting raped by script restriction 44. It literally kicks 5 people at a time about every 5 mins or so, including me, and once you get kicked you can't get back in.

if you do that you are a freak its not like you can play it only for 1 day..

If I do that I can play it for one more day, and a day earlier, therefore I am only eager to play the update, and not a freak as you somehow believe.

Jesus wept, why did i bother reinstalling this game. Its still the most unstable piece of crap ive ever played. If the patches for this game are this buggy, what is their standalone going to be like ffs. Yeesh.

Always nice when something new. But: * [uPDATED] - Added a much faster login process. (Advantages: Login Speed up) - I'm waiting over 30 min for joining, checking many servers. It reminds me situation from few versions ago...

Running forward with main weapon in hand and pressing v = combat vault

Well this is amazing ! Now give me blind fire too and i'll be the happier person in the universe :D

Oh yes I love the survivor items added here. Just to drink you now need to be careful.

* [FIXED] - AS50 was mistakenly banned now unbanned.

Thats a fix? Thanks for putting the most ridiculous and unnecessary weapon back into the game.

Otherwise, looks like good work, cant wait to test out the shiny new stuff!

• Like 4