mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

Not gonna' do an ounce of good but...

Patches tend to be glitchy, have y'all forgotten we're playing an Alpha?

As for zombies talking to each other, they're supposed to be a threat... god help you people in Standalone when they finally fix zombie pathing problems. In zombie fiction, you hardly see one zombie running after a dude while the others just walk around like idiots.

There are no doubt problems with the gameplay, but these problems have been there since DayZ released in April-ish of last year... and not 1.7.5.1.

As for people losing stuff from their characters, grow a pair... this is bound to happen, you're testing an Alpha remember? If you're attached to your gear that much, then perhaps you should try servers where you can pay to win.

BAAA >>> ZING !!!!!

Alright so here's my bit of observation, playing last night for 3-4 hours so far:

I could find more ammo than canned food as new spawn. Two hours in the game ( after server restart thought, got lucky I guess) I was able to find

M16 GL (two mags, one reg. one SD)

AK74 (no ammo)

AKM (no ammo)

MP5 (two mags)

Macarov (4mags)

# Military grade weapons easy enough to find with bit of luck but ammo not so easy. Happy here, seems balanced.

Canned food rarer than antibiotics - Found the gear above but almost died from hunger.The situation saved a dead I guy I found, that had beans on him. Other than that its tons of empty cans even in markets.

# I could be unlucky but as new spawn I had really hard time getting food with no matches and no canned food anywhere and as said almost died. Awesome, seems hard but balanced.

Zombies - They do communicate with each other really damn well and aggroing them is really a no go but they still stupid. I didn't have huge issues getting trough cherno industrial to market, church and others.

At this point though, I must say many players left and there were 6 players left, so my literally only worry were zeds.

# What seemed to work was to hatchet every zed that was the closest, ideally from behind and quietely, either after he'd seen you or just for being sure sake. They do however seem to still able to see trough walls and some houses, as one made me bleed trough said wall, others just stand there like when you were in a vehicle. They know you there but cant do much. Weird.

Overall, patch made it quite harder and perhaps glitchy but not as bad as others may have experienced but than again, I only got few hours in game.

Conclusion - watch your corners, be very careful in towns and stay prone, crouched and quiete at all times. Don't take your chances and take out near by zeds with hatched before they can send a msg to others.

EDIT- As I hear the error that I'm getting on every second server is up to admins to deal with ...restriction #44

Another problem I have is that there seems to be so many modified servers that I have to go trough 10 if not more to find one that isn't a private hive and doesn't kick me for some other error....Whats up with that??

I agree with you on all points mate! Zombies are STILL glitchy as hell, adding in new stuff, abilities and gear is great but the ZOmbies are at the core of this mod/game, they should have the same constraints regarding physics as players.

Zombies SHOULD most definately NOT be able to walk through solid objects, like walls, gates, the shelves and counters in supermarkets, etc. They SHOULD not be able to walk on water when they've caught up with you while swimming! (Yes allowed a zombie to do that old one whilst testing last night!)

It shoulld be a lot harder for Zombies to spot and hear you through solid walls as you would think solid walls give you cover, i.e. hiding you from sight and mask your sound? But no, no chance with that! ZOMBIES ARE STILL BUGGED AND GLITCHY!

Sorry but the new things added by the patch is great don't get me wrong but zombies, in my opinion, should have been worked on more! Fix the bugs and glitches please then more content!

• Like 2

Sorry but the new things added by the patch is great don't get me wrong but zombies, in my opinion, should have been worked on more! Fix the bugs and glitches please then more content!

You have to wonder as this has been a major issue since day one.

They either don't know how to fix the zombies or just can't be bothered, I'd go with my frist suggestion.

I've been saying it since Rocket left. Fix the bugs and then add features but NO they give us new bugged features and features that have been bugged from day one.

• Like 1

I just registered to comment on the zombie issue.

I agree that they were harmless in previous releases and the idea of making them more of a challenge is a rather good one.

However, the implementation of this talking thing without fixing first the existing issues is a no-go... In these few days I have seen everything ranging from zeds spotting me from 30 meters while standing still hiding behind a wall to tens of zeds running behind me going through all kinds of walls, fences and even buildings.

Also, I never pictured zombies as being capable of climbing ladders (i.e. spawning on the top of deer stands)... On the other hand I never pictured vampires that sparkle either..

In the end I'd rather have the old zeds back (with the hearing fixed, that seems to work fine at least) than the new buggy ones...

Edited by syn111

I just registered to comment on the zombie issue.

I agree that they were harmless in previous releases and the idea of making them more of a challenge is a rather good one.

However, the implementation of this talking thing without fixing first the existing issues is a no-go... In these few days I have seen everything ranging from zeds spotting me from 30 meters while standing still hiding behind a wall to tens of zeds running behind me going through all kinds of walls, fences and even buildings.

Also, I never pictured zombies as being capable of climbing ladders (i.e. spawning on the top of deer stands)... On the other hand I never pictured vampires that sparkle either..

In the end I'd rather have the old zeds back (with the hearing fixed, that seems to work fine at least) than the new buggy ones...

You guys have to understand. The Zed issue really can not be fixed (at least to the point that everyone thinks they should be) because they run on the Arma II enemy AI. That is a core engine issue. That's why they always go to your side when they run up on you (always attempt to flank you). Arma II doesn't have 'indoor' fighting per se. All the issues are because you have to make something do what it was never designed to do (or never considered in the game engine build) and kinda 'make' it do sorta what you want it to do. At best these 'bugs' with the mod can be polished (but only to a certain extent) never fully mitigated. That's the reason for the need of a 'stand alone' to make game engine capable of indoor/outdoor ray casting, variations of AI, etc...

You guys have to understand. The Zed issue really can not be fixed (at least to the point that everyone thinks they should be) because they run on the Arma II enemy AI. That is a core engine issue. That's why they always go to your side when they run up on you (always attempt to flank you). Arma II doesn't have 'indoor' fighting per se. All the issues are because you have to make something do what it was never designed to do (or never considered in the game engine build) and kinda 'make' it do sorta what you want it to do. At best these 'bugs' with the mod can be polished (but only to a certain extent) never fully mitigated. That's the reason for the need of a 'stand alone' to make game engine capable of indoor/outdoor ray casting, variations of AI, etc...

So, that is my whole point. If there is no way to fix that first due to engine limitations, there is no point on having all zeds in a 80 meter radius called in to come after you through fences and walls...

I love how people are complaining about zombies and how it sucks they have become what they were suppose to be from the beginning. They are suppose to be a threat, and communicate with each other. After all zombies still hold some sort of human "instincts", primarily pack instincts as its one of the strongest instincts we have, so if you dont want zombies go play wasteland mod.

And i believe the NVG/Rangefinder is so rare because they give you a MUCH higher advantage then a sniper rifle.

NVG = can always see, completely lame and misplaced

Rangefinder = no more need to use milldots, coz you always know your range aka 500x more efficient sniper.

Sniper rifle = ability to hit from long distance, completely skill based if you dont have NVG or rangefinder.

Also, small items like NVG and rangefinder are most likely some of the first items to be taken by survivors, as they are small, light weight and very usefull. This could leed to conclude that 90% of them are gone by the time you enter the DayZ world.

And fyi, if you had followed the github repo, you would have seen all the stuff they implemented, a looooooong time before it even got into the game.

Also, they fixed so much in this patch, and you choose to list 5 of the [NEW] stuff and complain...

The additions far outweigh the random whine from people tbh, all in all one of the best patches ever for DayZ with a big amount of fixes and adjustments.

And calling the devs bored..... sounds like you dont have any idea of how they are working or how this "community project" works... They worked theyre asses off for this release.

They could have saved at least half their efforts... imo, apart from the water boiling/infection feature the rest is just a big step towards turning a tough and challenging game into a frustrating mess.

How do I boil water?

Same question here, feels like this feature isn't implemented yet?

Also the zombies beating through glass can really get annoying. I drove with a friend through Cherno with a bus with 50-60 km/h but they still hit us sometimes. Additionally they made damage even though all windscreens were present (2 or 3 were damaged, but they still were there)

But the "zombie talking" is really awesome, now we really only use silenced weapons now (Bizon <3) when we are looting bigger towns, else we would have 100 zombies following us. Also I can't wait to get my hands on a G36K, really awesome weapon!

Walking through objects is a bug. As for the list talk to 80 you do know this was updated to be lower don't you it was 200 :-) and still is 200 our mistake should have been dropped to 80. The difference now zeds can hear again fully this was a bug and was corrected. so to round it up here is how the line should have been.

* [uPDATED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meters down from 200 meters <<< this wasn't brought in for some reason our mistake its still 200

* [Fixed] - Zeds hearing should now be fixed. <<< this is the fix that's caused zeds to go mad under gun fire.

This was my mistake.

Glass seems to be an issue with the newest beta builds if you check rpt logs or the db the glass has been damaged it just has no visual effect. We are working on this.

Walking through objects is a bug. As for the list talk to 80 you do know this was updated to be lower don't you it was 200 :-) and still is 200 our mistake should have been dropped to 80. The difference now zeds can hear again fully this was a bug and was corrected. so to round it up here is how the line should have been.

* [uPDATED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meters down from 200 meters <<< this wasn't brought in for some reason our mistake its still 200

* [Fixed] - Zeds hearing should now be fixed. <<< this is the fix that's caused zeds to go mad under gun fire.

This was my mistake.

Glass seems to be an issue with the newest beta builds if you check rpt logs or the db the glass has been damaged it just has no visual effect. We are working on this.

thankyou :)

its good to hear from staff about this issue, and a lot more pleasant than being told to f-off to COD that some others here seem to think is the way to respond to issues people have ;)

Ever since this update I can no longer Gut any animals. Anyone else having the same problem.

Still a lot of servers I am unable to get into because they are no on this latets version yet. Dayz Commander automatically put me on this latets version. Hope the servers get done soon.

The pre-req listed in the first post, mission files, etc, that is for servers and not player side right/.

Ever since this update I can no longer Gut any animals. Anyone else having the same problem.

your the first report of this.

Still a lot of servers I am unable to get into because they are no on this latets version yet. Dayz Commander automatically put me on this latets version. Hope the servers get done soon.

The pre-req listed in the first post, mission files, etc, that is for servers and not player side right/.

correct

your the first report of this.

I was able to catch, kill, gut, cook, and eat a delicious, delicious rabbit last night, so yea...

Edited by poisonman

so if zombies are now spawning when you drive by with a vehicle you can also let spawn the loot if you are entering with a vehicle...

it was ok when the zeds AND the loot wasnt spawning... but now its a bit let me say DUMB? ^^

Dayz Commander automatically put me on this latets version. Hope the servers get done soon.

Fyi, that is not possible as it does NOT auto update at all, everything is manual except checking for updates. So if you updated you did it, and its very easy to roll back in commander, just choose another version and install :)

Well, ive had fun so far, zombies are way more fun now, make them even harder hehe. Can gut all animals ive encountered and ive pitched a tent which saves just fine. Found several weapons but a very low amount of ammo, which i also love :)

Ive yet to see the zombie glitching my self, they seem to wanna use the doorways all the time and not jumping through the wall :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Yeah it's great that zombies are more of a threat and all, what's not great is that they still run in their weird zig zag patterns that make it impossible to shoot them until they are 2 feet away and hitting you.

Might i make a remark here: i cant go into the radio tower on the airport ( the one on about the centre of the map), some pile of stones and other stuff is blocking the door.

Yeah it's great that zombies are more of a threat and all, what's not great is that they still run in their weird zig zag patterns that make it impossible to shoot them until they are 2 feet away and hitting you.

This is an Arma 2 AI issue we are trying new methods to resolve but without dropping a weapon in the zeds hands we cant the same result's

Might i make a remark here: i cant go into the radio tower on the airport ( the one on about the centre of the map), some pile of stones and other stuff is blocking the door.

Go around the side and up the ladders :-)

What about the performance? We have massive lag and desync on our server with the new patch. Include 1.7.4.4 we never had these issue.

I tweaked the network settings so that the lag and desync is not so bad, but it´s still there.

When I look into my network performance it seems to be that the hive rejects my packets sometimes (seen as drop outs in "packets send") Receiving seems to be fine.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas how to fix that?

I can post my settings if you want.

My players are dying, because of lag and desyncs they cant kill the zeds sometimes. They also reported that the lag is also on other servers.

Thanks in advance

Polli

Edited by Polli

The one in NWAF? You're kidding? You can get in from the front. And thats always been there. You can also go around from the side as was mentioned. There is a ladder outside that can be used to climb and get to the top level of the tower.

The one in NWAF? You're kidding? You can get in from the front. And thats always been there. You can also go around from the side as was mentioned. There is a ladder outside that can be used to climb and get to the top level of the tower.

I remember in the early dayz my one friend got on that ladder and it instantly shot him into the air like 305720835658061 feet...

I lol'd at his death.

How do we upgrade server to this version? Because we are new at server hosting, so we don't know how to upgrade, we are still in the 1.7.4.4

Edited by Nick_Sorensen