spex

Vilayer.com - FULL Source File, FTP and Database Access | Fully Customizable | BEC | 16 Maps | Epoch

Ordered a DayZ server yesterday from Vilayer. I have a few problems with my server already. I have tried sending a ticket but got one useless response to my questions, and to just get that far it took them 6 hours to respond.

So my problems are: there is no updates section in the control panel (ACP). When I try to get on my server I get stuck at "Waiting for Host", (MySQL, DayZ Chernarus mods are loaded.) Also when I try to change loadouts and other settings I get the error "the method 'startprocess' was not found on the interface/type 'TCAdmin.ServiceLauncherInterface.Servicelauncher"

So far this has been just a bad experience. If anyone can help that would be nice.

I believe we have you sorted out. If it's the ticket about the server not connecting to the database it should now be resolved.

My server just crashed and the status went to unknown, any vilayer rep's can advise what is going on?

I believe I responded to your ticket as well. If you're the one I'm thinking of you have a Seattle server. There's an issue with one of the Seattle nodes at the moment. We're having a hardware check done on the machine. I don't have an exact ETA but it shouldn't be too long. It comes down to what the exact issue is.

Sadly, still none of my problems have been resolved. :(

on the same page with you been having issues with our box and no issues have been resolved via tickets. Trying to get someone over the phone is pretty much impossible aswell.

Sadly, still none of my problems have been resolved. :(

If you can please PM your name and ticket number I'll happily get it sorted out.

Big thanks to Matt from Vilayer, he got things sorted out and it's now running great!

Glad we got you sorted. We don't like it when issues happen but we're happy to fix them when they do.

We've added some new features to the control panel and there are a bunch more coming.

You now have the ability to 1-click install addon scripts which include:

Animated Heli Crashes

Auto Vehicle Refuel

Base Building

Chernarus Power Plants

Dynamic Weather Control

Remove Parts from vehicles

Siphon Fuel

R3F Tow/Lift

They are currently for Chernarus but will be ported to almost all other maps in the next few days.

We also have a bunch more in the works.

This addon system is completely modular so you can install 1 script or all of them, it doesn't matter. Your server and mission pbo files are dynamically edited by the panel to included the required code. Along with that any required database modifications are automatically inserted into your existing database.

We're also adding a server code backup and restore feature. This will allow you to quickly backup your server code before you make edits. If something breaks after you make edits you can roll back the code.

Epoch will also be released in the next day or 2. It's already finished and in the control panel but is going through some final tests.

We're also looking at adding a "template" mod that can be used to allow customers to install their own mods or mods that are not in our system. It will provide you with access to the -mod= commandline parameter to specify the mods you want the server to start with.

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

I will tell you my mishaps with them who doesn’t answer to my tickets anymore. I sent my last ticket there is 48h ago. (For a server game, it’s too long)

The subscription, the setup and the answer of the ticket is logically quite fast, I will not lie to you but the wonderful advertising on their website is a totally false advertising.

So, the first day, the setup of my server, which is not located where I ask for (Strasbourg, France), but in the middle of France, not too far of Limoges, while on their website, I saw Strasbourg as available for me. Briefly, first mistake from them.

I began to transfer all of my database, scripts, and the server start to stop answering during a test session, everything crash and finally I wasn’t allowed to do ANY action on the ACPlayer.. I didn’t have any access. Second mistake.

I sent a ticket, they answer me quite fast too, and the problem was solved in 12hours. Of course, everything that I made on the server configuration, database transfer and script was removed as well without warning me of anything ! Third mistake.

I finally setup my configuration again and I realize that I couldn’t delete any of my SQL backup, another problem of access (Didn’t had the right to remove it…). Really surprising from a host that normally give us a full access to our FTP file. Only 30 over 50 authorized backup, impossible to remove them, I had to do the backup by myself during 5 days! I opened a new ticket for this problem the 18/04, and they close it 23/04, so 5 days with the database backup problem.

Some functionalities are available on the ACPLayer, and I didn’t get any information to know how they works and how to install it, I ask for it and I got it quite quickly too. I also ask the default file of basic.cgf (bandwidth file configuration), they send it to me without any problem.

And oddly, during the night, they made an update of my server start script, without telling me or warning me anything and of course when they changed it, the server was down during few hours because it crashed during the restart. This file (Basic.cgf) that I could modify before, I can’t modify it anymore, and the value are super weird, 1 gigabytes of bandwidth for my server, isn’t that wonderful ? no not at all.. When we got over 30 players on our server, it took more than 45 second to answer to the authentication request. With the command #monitor I am at 5fps server with an uptime of 30minutes with around 35 players, with only the auto-refuel script and around 10 building custom. This is pathetic.. My server was down more than 6 hours.

Here their answer :

"Your server is now back up and running.

We were making some changes to the start scripts earlier to have it install performance enhancements on the fly. However, there was a short period where there was an error in the script. It appears your server was started/restarted while the error was there.

I've cleared out the error and your server is now starting correctly.

I've joined it to confirm that it's working.

I do apologize for the issues."

Ah yes, we make some shit with you starting script without telling you. And we also create some restriction on some file that you normally have a full access on it without telling you.

Briefly, if you want a professional host, don’t stop here..

Full config file and FTP access is a lie.

Best regards.

• Like 1

where did you see that the server would be located in strasbourg in the location routing because it says quite clearly that the servers are located in luxembourg and paris on the website the routing is different to where the physical server is located.

many server hosts make changes all the time to the start up scripts, acp all the time.

i have always received a good service from them better then others and any problems are sorted out in a good timeframe.

i've had servers with other hosters for dayz and this is the best service i have had and would recommend them to anyone for any hosting need they have.

• Like 1

Well I can't have a stable server with 50 players, desync over 3/4 minutes with very bad ping and a long time authentication sometimes more than a minute.

And I don't have an answer to my ticket for over 48 hours. I'm really disappointed.

Well I can't have a stable server with 50 players, desync over 3/4 minutes with very bad ping and a long time authentication sometimes more than a minute.

And I don't have an answer to my ticket for over 48 hours. I'm really disappointed.

Have no problem with mine even full at 60 players loads of added scripts loads of custom buildings mission file is over 1mb no issue with desync or lag ping is low happy with it........

But............few people chipped in for a second server for dayz epoch and having issues starting it cant acess the database with navicat and cant join the server because of the problem with the database been waiting hours for them to fix it nothing :(

Looks like a nicely done graphic, fellas--nice work ;)

Cheers,

-Jimmy

Edited by TG ! Jimmy
  • Like 1

Nice Add too bad Vilayer blows at customer support!

Nice Add too bad Vilayer blows at customer support!

Let me know when you find a host with good customer support.

Let me know when you find a host with good customer support.

I can list but you have to buy a whole box.

Just a quick update.

Epoch is now in the control panel with support for 10 maps.

We have added 1 click installers for the following addon scripts

Custom Loot Tables

Animated Heli Crashes

Anti-Hack / Admin script

Auto Vehicle Refuel

Base Building

Chernarus Power Plants

Dynamic Weather Control

Halo Jump

Remove Clothes from Bodies

Sarge AI

Siphon Fuel

Self Blood Bag

Vehicle Tow/Lift (R3F)

We've also corrected the issues I44 and it is now fully working..

We will also be adding a backup/restore server code button in the next few days. This will allow both the mission and server pbo to be backed up at any time. This will allow you to roll back if modifications you make break the server.

• Like 2

^the above are so easy to install, I don't have them all.. at the moment I have:

Animated Heli crashes

Auto vehicle refuel

Anti-Hack

Custom loot tables (altered slightly for less M1014 lol)

• Like 1

Here's a video that gives and overview of our package and the features you have access to.

347zm1e.jpg

• Like 1

I use vilayer for a few things including dayz. and the tcadmin interface they have set up is the most complete with ease of use i have seen and they have spent a lot of time making it easy to use.

The support they give is very good and most tickets i have put in have been answered in less then an hour and they spend most of their life on the ts3 server to answer any questions.

They are very committed to giving a quality service and i would recommend them to anyone with any hosting need.

They have had a few people say that they have bad services in this thread and others. but you should always remember that people are quick to complain and sign up to a forum just to moan when something isn't going right but people hardly ever congratulate when they are doing something right.

So my two cents

• Vilayer are very committed to giving quality service
  • Easy set up for novice admins and advanced admins have full access to needed files
  • Any problems are resolved quickly
  • Loads of ways to get in contact with them
  • Good pricing for quality services
  • Video tutorials/Knowledge Base for many features being added all the time to help admins out

Anyways thanks to all at Vilayer for a great service..

Edit: Just for the record i'm not saying that any other provider is bad

Edited by AmberHelios

Any plans for adding a map function to make it easier to add custom vehicle spawns or buildings?

Any plans for adding a map function to make it easier to add custom vehicle spawns or buildings?

New version of TSW is gonna do that i think they are working with Joao

Edited by AmberHelios

New version of TSW is gonna do that i think they are working with Joao

Doesn't TSW already do that?

I would just prefer to have a map in the ACP.

We're not going to add one to the control panel. We feel our development time is better spent elsewhere because there are far better 3rd party map tools than what most hosts have to offer.

With that said we're happy to announce we have just released the very first SERVER SIDE version of The Silent Warrior. Read the description in the Addon Manager to see how to receive the new beta.

• Like 3

Guess I'll just get used to TSW. I'll check this out. Sounds pretty cool being able to do everything live.

We have now included BEC on our Official Hive DayZ servers for both existing customers and new installs.

It can be found in the Addon Manager and all configuration files are in the Configuration Files section.

• Like 1

Just an update on our new TSW addon.

We've formed a new partnership with The Silent Warrior. We're currently co-developing new TSW features available to Vilayer customers.

These new features include.

Spawn vehicles on server LIVE. They instantly appears in game and are added to world_vehicle and instance_vehicle table.

Live repair vehicles.

Live edit players inventory.

Live kill players on server

Live edit of weather effects

Live Teleport players and vehicles

All of this is done through the normal TSW interface.

We're in the process of adding many other new features.

Edited by Matt - Vilayer