spex

Vilayer.com - FULL Source File, FTP and Database Access | Fully Customizable | BEC | 16 Maps | Epoch

Aha thanks, Vilayer have said that they hope to get the new functionality if place this week.

I'm with Vilayer for my 80 slot server and they have been fantastic for me, really helpful guys in teamspeak and a good service overall, highly recommended :)

I see you're spreading DayCC 5.9.1.0 ... i received the email from you about it, i assume that if i do not open a ticket, the server will NOT be upgraded, is this correct? Coz i want to upgrade it myself at a specific time, i've to inform the users about the downtime, plus i did it on my other servers and i had to fix an infinite number of issues before having it updates correctly (the map is working fine there..). I'm sure that an user less to the queue is better than nothing.. you gonna have big headhaches updating em all.. good luck! :)

Just thought Id say Vilayers support isnt as bad as ppl are saying. I opened a support ticket.. 35 mins later I get a response, cant fault it!

I just got this service and I am in the process of setting up my server. J.B. has helped me with a lot of the initial setup, and even installed the latest Namalsk update for me.

Would I'd like to know is, where/how do I add my customized mission.pbo and server.pbo files?

I would appreciate and advice or help with this matter!

-CRAFT

I just got this service and I am in the process of setting up my server. J.B. has helped me with a lot of the initial setup, and even installed the latest Namalsk update for me.

Would I'd like to know is, where/how do I add my customized mission.pbo and server.pbo files?

I would appreciate and advice or help with this matter!

-CRAFT

I just got set up and I am not a very happy camper. I've been waiting for hours for a reply to a ticket. They failed to create an account for the ACP, where I'm apparently supposed to update my server to the latest version. Plus the fact that they don't have their own forums where customers can at least help each other, I like being able to use the control center, but I've got a bad first impression. This is after using dayz.st and being happy, but wanting more control over things.

I just got set up and I am not a very happy camper. I've been waiting for hours for a reply to a ticket. They failed to create an account for the ACP, where I'm apparently supposed to update my server to the latest version. Plus the fact that they don't have their own forums where customers can at least help each other, I like being able to use the control center, but I've got a bad first impression. This is after using dayz.st and being happy, but wanting more control over things.

if you on the dedi package you dont have acp nor to you need it everything is done through vnc or rdp

if you on the dedi package you dont have acp nor to you need it everything is done through vnc or rdp

Well, that's odd because I assumed my server was on the wrong version because I get the "Something went wrong" error when trying to connect to my server. That error is usually associated with the wrong server version and I was waiting for them to get back to me (9 hours now) regarding this.

In it's current state, I can't even play on my server.

Updated the Op. It's been awhile since we have posted.

We have completely revamped our Standard DayZ Package. Each server now gets its own dedicated MySQL server with full root access and full file access. We're confident this is now one of, if not the most customizable package available anywhere.

Along with access to the server files you can edit both the dayz_server.pbo and mission pbo directory in the control panel. Both pbo files are already decompiled on the server so you can edit each individual sqf file directory in the panel. Each time you start the server both pbos are compiled on-the-fly and include any edits you have made. This saves a ton of time because you do not need to download, extract, edit, compile and upload the pbos each time you edit them. See screenshots in OP to see how the editing looks.

We have also added an automated MySQL backup tool that can be scheduled to pull backups as frequently as you want. There is also a companion tool that allows you to restore to any previous backup in a couple of seconds. The restore tool also has a safeguard built in in case there's an issue with the restored backup. It will allow you to revert your last restore to prevent data loss or other issues.

There is now a "fool-proof" MySQL password change/recover option. It doesn't matter if you go as far as deleting the root user. This tool will save your database.

We're still actively developing for both the package and DayZ in general. In the near future there will be a couple brand new maps that will only be available from us. We're also working on a 1 click installer for many popular addon scripts such as towing, refuel, power-grid, custom debug and anti-hack. If you have script suggestions let us know and we'll look into adding them.

This thread may not be monitored on a daily basis. If you have support or sales questions please submit a ticket or add me on Skype barrycarey66

With these guys now everything is fine no stupid desync like last provider only small issue i have is between 3 and 4.30pm (gmt) I lose access to the control panel and this also broke auto restarts set for 3pm i have moved my restarts around from 3 to 2 and everything is fine. server maxes out at 50/50 every day no issues yet!

• Like 1

With these guys now everything is fine no stupid desync like last provider only small issue i have is between 3 and 4.30pm (gmt) I lose access to the control panel and this also broke auto restarts set for 3pm i have moved my restarts around from 3 to 2 and everything is fine. server maxes out at 50/50 every day no issues yet!

I'm glad it's working well for you.

We try to be very careful about how we balance our servers. We usually keep them because 75% peak resource usage. This leaves enough overhead in case of resource spikes. If a node gets too high on resource usage we disable it for new services and keep an eye on it.

The most common thing we hear from new clients is about desync issues from their previous host. We do our best to keep it from happening.

There are certain common restart times that jam the task system. Generally offsetting them by 20 minutes does the trick.

We're doing a 50% off Arma, including DayZ, sale this weekend. It runs from today through Sunday.

It's good for:

DayZ Package

Official DayZ

Arma 2 Combined Operations

Wasteland

The normal price is normally €0.75/slot. With the sale it is €0.38/slot.

Use the coupon ARMA50%WEEKEND during checkout

www.vilayer.com

• Like 1

Oring has been added to the control panel and can be installed in the Mod Manager for both private and Vilayer hive configurations.

Hi guys

Look it's Matt from Vilayer!! ^^

After all the Vilayer bashing in the early posts of this thread I can only say that Vilayer provide service second to none in the Dayz hosting game.

Who else would put up with a series of random noob questions and cock ups and THEN when asked If Dayz+ can be put on a server manually set up the Dayz+ DB for me? Matt even popped on to my server to make sure it was all running correctly.

Top blokes and so far a top service a couple of issues with the ACP dying every now and again and this is being worked on. Support tickets answered quite promptly..

I judge people and companies on how they treat me and have nothing but praise for this lot.

Cheers Vilayer keep it up.

• Like 1

Its cool that you are adding stuff but you really got to fix your problem with the control panel going down every day if a scheduled restart is due when this happens the restart dose not happen!!

Also BEC dose not always start after a scheduled restart.

So we have a huge issue with no restart warnings and people kicking off over losing choppers and stuff

If these to problems are fixed this is by far the best service i have used!!!!

Edited by TayTayTheKiller

Its cool that you are adding stuff but you really got to fix your problem with the control panel going down every day if a scheduled restart is due when this happens the restart dose not happen!!

Also BEC dose not always start after a scheduled restart.

So we have a huge issue with no restart warnings and people kicking off over losing choppers and stuff

If these to problems are fixed this is by far the best service i have used!!!!

You have a ticket in for this, correct? If that is you I'll work the BEC script over the next day or 2 for independent control. I'll also be keeping an eye on your restarts to see if I can catch one where it doesn't restart to see if I can find the issue.

• Like 1

I've been a customer for a little over a week. The server has worked well, but there are almost no instructions on the basics of your control panel. What few instructions I have seen are completely out of date with your changes. I have muddled through due to sites like this one and others. It has been quite difficult though, especially since this is my first DayZ server or Arma server in general. I'm also wondering why I do not have all the options that you show in your OP, in my control panel? I have submitted tickets asking for help, and when I get a response it's usually good. However it has not been a 35 minute turn around time lol.

Like I said, the server is working well, the admin side leaves a lot to be desired though.... I have no idea where to modify files for the dayz_mission.pbo. It's great to have all these features, but when there is no documentation to explain it, they're useless. I learned more about your service from this topic than anything on your website I have seen.

a bit annoyed,

[JiF]Mike

Everything running smooth here. :) Just bumped player slots to 55 server still running smooth as it was with 50 still no desync at peak times unlike the past 2 hosts i used

Happy customer.

I've been a customer for a little over a week. The server has worked well, but there are almost no instructions on the basics of your control panel. What few instructions I have seen are completely out of date with your changes. I have muddled through due to sites like this one and others. It has been quite difficult though, especially since this is my first DayZ server or Arma server in general. I'm also wondering why I do not have all the options that you show in your OP, in my control panel? I have submitted tickets asking for help, and when I get a response it's usually good. However it has not been a 35 minute turn around time lol.

Like I said, the server is working well, the admin side leaves a lot to be desired though.... I have no idea where to modify files for the dayz_mission.pbo. It's great to have all these features, but when there is no documentation to explain it, they're useless. I learned more about your service from this topic than anything on your website I have seen.

a bit annoyed,

[JiF]Mike

Just caught your post at first i was very confused how to edit the server pbo and mission pbo but after a bit off looking around the ftp i figured it out.

there isn't any server.pbo files on the ftp same as the mission pbo they are just folders with the files inside they get built on server starts/restarts if you are running a private hive the locations are

ip/vilayercodecustom/dayz_Chernarus for the server pbo

ip/vilayercodecustom/dayz_Chernarus/missions/dayz.Charnarus for the mission file

Thats if your running Chernarus if your using a different map look for the maps name instead of Chernarus.

I find it so much easier this way then having to download the pbo edit and repack. :)

Everything running smooth here. :) Just bumped player slots to 55 server still running smooth as it was with 50 still no desync at peak times unlike the past 2 hosts i used

Happy customer.

Glad the performance is good. I just popped 5 more slots on there for you. Enjoy :)

• Like 2

We'll be adding Epoch support later tonight or early tomorrow.

Epoch support covers these maps:

Chernarus

Takistian

Lingor

Dingor

Isla Duala

Taviana

Utes

Zargabad

Proving Grounds - Private Military Company

Shapur - British Armed Forces

• Like 1

Glad the performance is good. I just popped 5 more slots on there for you. Enjoy :)

Nice one!!

I just logged in and seen it as 60 slots. I was like wtf??? opened a support ticket and everything.

Cheers matt

Ordered a DayZ server yesterday from Vilayer. I have a few problems with my server already. I have tried sending a ticket but got one useless response to my questions, and to just get that far it took them 6 hours to respond.

So my problems are: there is no updates section in the control panel (ACP). When I try to get on my server I get stuck at "Waiting for Host", (MySQL, DayZ Chernarus mods are loaded.) Also when I try to change loadouts and other settings I get the error "the method 'startprocess' was not found on the interface/type 'TCAdmin.ServiceLauncherInterface.Servicelauncher"

So far this has been just a bad experience. If anyone can help that would be nice.