whatsmynameagain

copter variants and weapons

How about having different models of helicopters? You could have an unarmed copter, a helicopter with a limited number of missiles, and a helicopter with a search light. I know this might be overpowered but how about a fighter jet?

weapons:

Uzi

pipe bombs

hunting rifle

baseball bat

Knives

Edited by whatsmynameagain

I don't think helicopters with rocket pods belong in DayZ, nor fighter jets. Searchlight isn't a bad idea though.

I just got shot down in my chopper by an Apache (private hive Chernarus server).

I don't think any choppers are realistic. Keeping them maintained and operational requires a very well-trained and equipped crew.

By the way..how would one go about taking down the Apache. Any tips appreciated. I must rid the world of this menace.

I just got shot down in my chopper by an Apache (private hive Chernarus server).

I don't think any choppers are realistic. Keeping them maintained and operational requires a very well-trained and equipped crew.

By the way..how would one go about taking down the Apache. Any tips appreciated. I must rid the world of this menace.

avoid getting shot and wait for it to run out of fuel;

or try this:

either way, you are fu****

On topic: choppers are OK, end game for a lot of people, BUT no weapons on them, and probably should take a lot of work, maintenance could/should also be included.

I would sooner see armored ground vehicles (not tanks). Helis should be largely civilian types, and then let the player take advantage of Rocket's plans for mad max style customization to mount their own choices in armaments and protection.

Yeah, Comanches 'n shit.

Aren't you the guy heckling me about being a bandit in the other thread?

You realize helicopters with guns on them are pretty much bambi-holocaust machines, right?

I'd love to see an R600 Coolpower with a bambicatcher on the front... B)

I'd love to see an R600 Coolpower with a bambicatcher on the front... B)

borderlands-2-buzzard-2-540x303.jpg

The future of Day Z's coast.

Edited by misterwit
  • Like 1

I can see no reason whatsoever why the military would deploy choppers with rocket pods to deal with the zombie outbreak, nor any reason to have them in game. The searchlight idea is excellent though.

I can see no reason whatsoever why the military would deploy choppers with rocket pods to deal with the zombie outbreak, nor any reason to have them in game. The searchlight idea is excellent though.

The same reason the military fires cruise missiles at guys with camels... taxpayer's expense.

You have some good ideas but some of them are already implemented like the Uzi is in the game as the PDW and an equivalent to the hunting rifle is a CZ550. Homemade pipe bombs sounds intersting though! Baseball bat sounds interesting but I think it wouldn't be too useful in PvP other than knocking someone out just in time to loot them and escape. Otherwise it would be pretty weak I think. I would like to see people being able to shoot out of helicopters like the AH6.