Sign in to follow this  
LilxSnugglex

Female character

I have seen other people using a female character but whenever I try to make my own, it will not let me......am I supposed to be doing something special?

Help please...

I looked on the forum and found nothing that helped me.

Edited by LilxSnugglex
  • Like 1

Usually you just click the female skin before you spawn in. (Fresh spawn only) As far as I know there aren't any in the face selection under your profile in Arma II itself. A little more information on what you are doing and what happens would be very helpful in helping you.

I have gone into Day Z using ARMA II Operations Arrowhead / ARMA II / and DAY Z Commander...I have tried to make a new character in all of them but I am only able to make a male character..I have tried making a new character and using the default one and both are only male...

Yeah just make a new character, join a server, and (assuming you never played that character before (beach spawn)) it should say choose character gender or something like that. Choose the female character and wala! It should be working...

You don't create a female character in your ARMA II profile, you do it as you join a DayZ server.

Some servers have female characters disabled because they're unable to wear ghillie suits or camo at the minute so forcing everyone to be male creates a level playing field. The majority of servers do allow female character though, as said above it should ask you to choose your gender when you spawn.

I have tried like everything and still cannot get it....how hard is it to get a fricken character.........

The option seems to remain on servers with lower versions or private hives... in my opinion, I wouldn't like to play with a female character anyway since you can't wear any other cloths and don't have bandit skin or hero skin...

I really don't understand why some servers disable female skins, they don't have smaller hitboxes and so what if they can't wear ghillie suits, I never wear ghillie suits anyways.

That's weird, almost all the servers I've played have had Female disabled.

Everytime you spawn they ask you to be a female or male,but it is not in all servers.

I've only just now noticed that it's stopped asking me to choose a gender.... Shows how much I care about playing as female.

The option seems to remain on servers with lower versions or private hives... in my opinion, I wouldn't like to play with a female character anyway since you can't wear any other cloths and don't have bandit skin or hero skin...

Actually you have a female bandit skin available.

The female skin option disappeared when (I think it was ) the penultimate dayz mod update/patch was released. It wasn't suddenly almost all server admins/hosts deciding to pull the female skin. It came from the mod software developer side not the admins/hosts of servers side.

It drives me nuts, and I moan about it almost daily. Some rare admins/hosts of servers have re-added the female skin on their private hives, bless 'em.

Everyone knows women don't exist on the internet. Especially on a gaming forum.

So does anyone know how to re-add the female characters too private hive servers?

i have been searching with my friend google, but havent come up with an solution too re-add or re-activate the females :/

would be awesome if anyone could give me a point in the right direction. If its in the DB for private hives or in the server code where we need too add females again :)

So does anyone know how to re-add the female characters too private hive servers?

i have been searching with my friend google, but havent come up with an solution too re-add or re-activate the females :/

would be awesome if anyone could give me a point in the right direction. If its in the DB for private hives or in the server code where we need too add females again :)

Or does anyone know of any servers that have a female skin...

I get frustrated also when I can't choose to play as female on all servers. I find that most if not all official servers have it enabled. Quite a lot of Taviana servers also have it enabled. I just make a habit of adding said servers to my favourites list. Maps such as Thirsk and Namalsk I have yet to find any server that allows the use of the female skin.

Tell that to Sula's face. I dare you.

There had been a few servers I noticed, when dead, would bring up the male/female selection window. Sadly, being a male, I didn't take notice. However, having died in other servers I can see your problem as there is no selection/disabled feature.

With that being said, this mod has many of issues and if not being able to enjoy yourself as a female in the game is your primary concern then I'd try my best to just play as a guy; if you were wanting to play. Otherwise, I suspect April/May will be the release of the Standalone barring any hiccups.

Kill yourself (Yes, literally kill yourself in-game), then join again, select "Female" and enjoy that character.

Edited by Sutinen

Good point - I always wear the male skin.

as a cloak mwahahahahahaha.

Edited by Bottlerocket

Kill yourself (Yes, literally kill yourself in-game), then join again, select "Female" and enjoy that character.

ive tried that on multiple servers....