amlaborde@windstream.net

Buzzards flying over dead bodies.

I want rats as big as cats like they describe in WW1 poetry. They eat a dead body/ zombie and carry the infection. If they bite a human player, they can get an infection.

I think one feature should also be buzzards hanging around almost dead players, as you see this in movies/TV/games quite often. Doesn't matter if it's realistic or not, but it makes survival harder (and cooler, imo). Those with broken legs and low blood, constantly passing out, only to have insult to injury with those damn birds flying around you.

• Like 1

I am not sure if someone has already said this but another thing that could be added to this suggestion is that the more flies that are around the body the longer they have been dead for. Within reason because too many flies would result in the server lagging alot.

Flies on a single corpse is enough in my opinion.

Maybe having crows over several corpses only, like 3 or more bodies around a small area. Would bring about interesting player interactions when large amounts of player corpses would be visible to other players around the area.

And players could drag corpses together(or apart) to make bigger piles, and that would bring about more intense numbers of crows.

And players could set the piles on fire and dance around the fire to appease the god of death with their kill numbers.

And as player corpses decay they could morph in to skeletal remains, low resolution entities that would be forever imprinted in to the map for as long as the map persists. Places like Elektro, Cherno and NWAF would be filled with the corpses of the deceased. Some piled up, some inside buildings and on rooftops.

Oh man this idea went way beyond the topic....

Edited by Jonsse
  • Like 1

Well they did do that in the PMC DLC in Arma 2. So it would require people to buy and download that so I highly doubt they will.

i couldn't be bothered checking if anyone posted this but.....buzzards?...in Russia?....nop

i bet my ass at least in the european part!

I like the post of them following dying players!

Y U NO give me beans then?

• Like 1

Cherno's skies will be black with scavengers... Seriously though I think it's an interesting idea.

Cherno's skies will be black with scavengers... Seriously though I think it's an interesting idea.

Remembering the time I go to Kamenka and see 6 dead bodies on the railroad tracks lying next to eachother....

Edited by Neko-san

I'd like it if it was used more for atmospheric reasons than anything else. Meaning that occasionally a dead body would attract the birds but not all of the time. If it was kept pretty random and infrequent then I think it'd be a nice touch to the game.

A way to enforce the randomness is having these birds fly around Corpse Piles or mass graves, like the ones you sometimes find at Military locations that could potentially spread disease should anyone go there. Also I don't think it should just be limited to players either, dead animals in fields for example could indicate a slow rotting animal carcass.

• Like 1

Replace buzzards with ravens, IMO. I think they fit more into the theme and scenery.

Replace buzzards with ravens, IMO. I think they fit more into the theme and scenery.

I do find Ravens more haunting in a way with their noises. But either way, it fits into the idea of a scavenger finding its dead meal.

Plus, I think the sound of flies is just perfect. Don't think that needs to be removed/modified in any way (bar the hidden body bug)

Flies are terrible. It's ridiculous how, in a firefight, inside of a building, I will kill a man and won't hear his friend coming because of the disturbingly loud, and instantaneous, gathering of flies on the corpse. It's ridiculously loud, and happens way too quickly.

Argument goes both ways. Why should I have the advantage of knowing he's dead without even confirming the kill?

Edited by Very Ape