rocket

DayZ Devblog 25 Jan 2013

I'll go for the accent. Or just start my own cockney stream.

Please let me assist you on that front. I can get mad hammered, and make it so the only audiable word is "fuckin'"

• Like 1

Also, I'm not sure why this was posted in here, but I'm extremely happy it was. That has to be the best piece of DayZ inspired anything I've ever seen, ever.

Also, I'm not sure why this was posted in here, but I'm extremely happy it was. That has to be the best piece of DayZ inspired anything I've ever seen, ever.

I agree, it looks amazing!

As to the ragdoll, they are adding it in but I don't think they have it at the top of their list right now, I think fixing the zombies is maybe their top priority for now anyway. The game is looking awesome though from them screenies we got shown, can't wait till we can see a little bit of the game play :P I've been so excited abot this game, more excited than any other game I remember waiting for, so much so every game I try and play I turn off in about 5 mins cause I'm bored :P So I just roam the world wide web looking for more DayZ stuff to read on ha xD

Oh if your making a cockney server I think you should make more than just "fuckin" maybe "guv" plus all the cockney rhyming slang, it's too long to list xD "Aye Aye guv, let's fuckin 'ave it sunshine!"

Enjoy :P

jesus, i had no idea the standalone was this detailed! do we plug into it like in the matrix or something?

woot! :D

but is there any word on ragdoll physics? i would love to see it :D

no ragdolls ..... it was mentioned on twitter or reddit by rocket

Well we all knew what I meant DVD Drives Blu-ray whatever :P But yeah some people still have CD drives in their rigs because they are running their back up PC so I can't play anything >.<

Lol yea, just being a smart ass :). You know whats funny? When Diablo III came out, I bought the collectors edition. I came home and went to put the disc in and realized that I haven't had a CD drive in like 3 years! LMAO! I went back to Best Buy and bought a CD drive. I installed it then I removed it and placed it in my closet. haha. That day was funny.

• Like 1

Lol yea, just being a smart ass :). You know whats funny? When Diablo III came out, I bought the collectors edition. I came home and went to put the disc in and realized that I haven't had a CD drive in like 3 years! LMAO! I went back to Best Buy and bought a CD drive. I installed it then I removed it and placed it in my closet. haha. That day was funny.

Ha! It's a bugger when that happens :P I've got a CD drive but it's not attached into my machine so I just link it up whenever I need it, which right now isn't alot luckily because I have no idea where it is as I just moved house!

I think with regards to that movie which I've watched about 9 times already they should do a film, they should get intouch with rocket and do it :P I'd watch buy and go to the cinema to see that more than once I'm sure :P You know what I'm gonna message the guys :P

• Like 1

It appears people are still being dickheads and making very specific proclaimations to release date without any form of viable, fundamental basis..

It really winds me up. That's not how development works...

banging_head_on_keyboard.jpeg

Edited by mzltv

Yeah, CorridorDigital, those guys make random SpecialFX short films on different stuff. They basically enjoy making them, so they upload random stuff like that every once in a while. They were inspired by the game, so they made this video. It is indeed the best short film about DayZ so far.

It appears people are still being dickheads and making very specific proclaimations to release date without any form of viable, fundamental basis..

So what's the release date THIS time? lol

• Like 1

banging_head_on_keyboard.jpeg

wat?

You know how many times I've wanted to do that today? Keyboard smash, computer window... Oh my ISP has been a real "joy" today >.< Yeah so anyway moaning over! What why when how? Who's said something about a release date? I know it's all rubbish Rocket has stated he wants to try get it done before he goes to everest though which is April. Honestly though I'd like them to take their time :)

That video was really awesome, they said in their making of video (Which I watched straight after) that they played it in the summer, I'm glad they liked the game and it inspired such a great short film. I really hope they do get to make a longer one, I'd fly to America just to be a zombie extra!

First of all, thank you to Rocket and the team for developing the standalone and providing us with information when available. I am not sure if most people realize that rewriting an engine and adding new and improved features is incredibly difficult! Scripting is not an easy thing to do unless you have the experience and time as these developers have. I actually enjoy seeing the lighting in the images which most people seem to be disappointed about. I am going to guess that the reason the lighting is a dark shade is because of the new cloud system that involves shaders and lighting particles. In ARMA 2, (Does not apply to all people) when looking at the sun and then away will cause the screen to re-adjust to the light and the darkness. It is realistic but the screen gets incredibly dark and also happens with night vision goggles which is realistic when looking at any source of light. My point about lighting is that maybe they changed it to smooth over shadows and light coming from behind clouds. If you want the game brighter, turn up your brightness then! The plan crash and the two pictures of Balota and another town I don't know the name of which has the side by side comparison of the standalone and ARMA 2 is fantastic! In the comparison pictures, you can see Chernarus+ in the standalone picture compared with ARMA 2. (If you look closely you can see a wall that stretches for yards and possibly an airstrip. Hopefully, you can disinfect or wash clothing to prevent the infected clothes from harming you. Enough said! :P

Enjoy :P

Now that was excellent, very well done.Quality acting,the locations they chose were spot on, wow.

Best Day-Z Short film so far

So what's the release date THIS time? lol

It's like those end of the world theories.

OH GUEYZ, we were wrong about 21st of december, it's actually going to end on 11. 12. 2013, because, you know, the numbers! THAT and some guy used those numbers while descibing his goats in 626 AD.

/rant

At least they make semi-interesting movies out of it.

• Like 2

Ha! People just thought the world was going to end because the Mayan calander didn't go passed that date because they couldn't write out any more dates cause well they died xD How freaky would it be if DayZ released on that day and also most of the worlds population start to turn into these zombies! That After DayZ video would have been actual real life footage then ;)

Ha! People just thought the world was going to end because the Mayan calander didn't go passed that date because they couldn't write out any more dates cause well they died xD How freaky would it be if DayZ released on that day and also most of the worlds population start to turn into these zombies! That After DayZ video would have been actual real life footage then ;)

actually i think they ran out of room on the rock :P

• Like 1

actually i think they ran out of room on the rock :P

Should have upgraded to new iRock 5 with more rock-drive storage

tbh the game has to come out before rocket goes away for many reasons. so we know its before april 1st and thats all.