spaggiari

DayZ: Origins (RELEASED)

This goes to show AGAIN , that the DayZ community is light years ahead of Rocket and his unimaginative Chernarus meat and potatoes Standalone.

• Like 1

Please help me!

I did everything in the manual install section, but when i try to join the server it says i got version 1.62. I have clearly installed the latest beta patch which is 1.62.100269 and it keeps telling me i need version 1.62.100269.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

try making a batch file in your Arma 2 OA directory with this in it:

start .\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=EXPANSION\beta;EXPANSION\beta\Expansion;EXPANSION;ca;@dayzorigins -nosplash -world=empty

then launch it through that

Edited by Stapo
  • Like 1

That batch file gives me the error: Windows cannot find '\Expansions\beta\arma2oa.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Any ideas on that?

Edit: Oh, i got it to work, thank you so much! :)

Edit 2: This game must hate me.. I managed to join the game and i spawn in the middle of nowhere and i'm getting kicked 7-10 seconds after i join.

I know i'm asking alot but anyone have any clue?

Edited by Svnsson

That batch file gives me the error: Windows cannot find '\Expansions\beta\arma2oa.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

Any ideas on that?

Edit: Oh, i got it to work, thank you so much! :)

Edit 2: This game must hate me.. I managed to join the game and i spawn in the middle of nowhere and i'm getting kicked 7-10 seconds after i join.

Try again ?

The server admins is ridicilous immature whiners. Me and my friend was flying to refuel our chopper then suddently 4km away from shore another chopper comes, and start to shoot at us, we kept flying and hoped we could shake him off us, then suddently the chopper behind us, nosedived into the ocean, then my friend got banned for cheating! I mean, really? If an admin crash into the ocean, wich him himself caused, he ban someone? If this is how it is, i say GOODBYE AND GOODNIGHT to this mod, and how the fuck did he know who was flying the chopper i was in? Seems legit that he know who it was when we didnt write anything in any chat... Abusive shit admins! Heres the IP address to the server with shit immature admins: 46.105.74.59:2302 I also got banned after i killed the admin once 2 hour later, i got banned for Hacking...

Edited by White Skyline

Exact same thing happening to me. I spawn in, and get kicked with no explanation.

DLd and tried it for a few hours this eve.

so far its not all that diffrent from tav. tbh.

also i noticed some weird hit detection bugs shooting Zs. earlier i was in a barn shooting directly into a Z with a Enfield from the top floor looking directly down. 6 bullets later it still wasnt dead.

that was enuf for me..logged out and think ima wait to see if this mod gets better..

at this point i was VERY meh....

Interesting concept - very Land of the Dead.

I am downloading this now and am very intrigued.

EDIT:

Managed to get onto a server with 60+ people - spawned near Lyepestok so expected a bit of PvP. I could see all the death messages and it was apparent everyone was killing each other. Fair enough i thought as i just wanted a quick look around. All seems good so far. There dont appear to be many zombies (not sure if this is done on purpose) though.

Am really interested to get towards Survivor City and check it out.

Nice work

Edited by DemonGroover

Hey all, I downloaded DayZ Origins via DayzCommander and I also updated ALL that needs to be updated. When I load up Dayz Origins, the screen loads all the way and then I hear sound (like rain or ocean etc) and then the sound stops and i'm pretty much hanging at the loading screen still...It's been like this for the past 10 minutes...?

I tried CTRL+ALT+DEL and tried again, but same situation.

Any ideas?

Actually the 3rd try worked for me.

Now I gotta figure out my stupid monitor issue... when it thinks the screen is "dark" my monitor turns black and I can't see shit. I have a Asus 32". I even have the "forced" setting turned on from my Catalyst (AMD) control panel... sigh.

Okay, I think I fixed this problem too. On the Asus monitor there is a setting called "ASCR" and I turned that off and ta da... all fixed. What good are you guys? Lol just kidding. :beans:

Edited by twinturbonet

The NPC´s and the Slavation City sounds very nice.

Are there any servers yet ? DZC doesn't list a single server for me, not even one with a 10,000 ping.

Are there any servers yet ? DZC doesn't list a single server for me, not even one with a 10,000 ping.

Just filter for Origins instead of using the drop down menu.

i posted this in the GP forums & posting this here also

here's a few things i noticed while playing the map today

there was no loot in the hospital and various other buildings in salvation island(checked front/back and roof)

humanity doesn't seem to change (may be just the debug monitor malfunctioning? i'm about 4-6 blood bags deep and the monitor still shows 2500, same with murders, bandit&hero kills showing 0)

the aggro range associated with the NPC's in salvation island seems to be somewhat low, firing DMR shots 120 meters from a group of them does not seem to alert the rest making the island/raid and pvp within very trivial

not sure if there's a problem with the server or if it was a hacker but #US001 has been switching from day and night every 5-10 minutes since the last restart, and these are hard transitions, from the middle of day to the middle of night. when i press escape, i was shown a message that said "NO QUITTING" No offense intended, but i've also noticed that when the server gets above 50 people, it starts to run VERY BADLY. it may be a better option to reduce the server's population cap or try hosting it on a dedicated box/vpn

NVGs + Rangefinders probably should not be carried by guards as its far too easy to farm both out for an entire squad in a few npc kills

I also think the server files need to be released ASAP as the US servers do not currently seem capable, they're always full and riddled with desync >75% of the time. right now both have been pinging @ 10k for the last 20-30 minutes. there are also not enough admins on GP to accommodate the current influx of players, and as such the servers have been getting pounded by hackers.

NPCs are nearly impossible to kill on the current servers as the desync causes them to teleport back and forth on the client's screen.

please do your mod a favour and release the server files so we can experience it the way it was meant to be experienced.

Edited by Illusia
  • Like 1

Played a bit last night. It took about 3 tries of total hanging on origins log in screen to finally log into a game properly.

It was fun except my game totally bugged out even though I apparently had decent ping, I was in a bus with some poeple and when I exited the bus was teleported way back to place when I got out of the bus about 30min previous. Also Zombies were bugged out. Never seen that type of buggin on other games so I'm not sure if it was the mod or the server, but something was not right. It could have been the server was jammed because there were 59/60 players on by the time I left. Hopefully it's all sorted, the mod seemed pretty cool.

Yea I gave Origins a whirl last night and came across a LOT of buildings that were built into the side of a mountain or huge hill that were all messed up. Not sure if that is normal, but they weren't really enter-able. Buildings were glitching from the ground to the air. Real strange. I ran for a bit, got some stuff, and basically got a little bored.

I tried DayZ 2017 and played it for a lot longer. I'll give Origins another shot tonight.

Yeah, this bug has been reported, it happens to some people, and it doesn't to some others, it's weird and they're working on it.

Just curious if you know which providers are offering this for server rental. Don't have a box I can dedicate to it, but would love to drop the coin to host one.