whatsmynameagain

trading with survivors: tips

If a player wants to trade with you, never trade ammo! they will just loot shoot( a term I made) you in the back. Never trade weapons either!

I suppose that's pretty obvious. Well, here's my contribution: Dont trust bandits! I heard they will kill you if they see you! Even if they say they're friendly :o!

Never attempt to trade with someone unless you have a friend who can provide over watch in case the person you are trading with decides to kill you.

Most gear is not worth trading for.

• Like 1

My 1 rule.

Don't trade

If you don't trade you don't die. Simple

Simple, yes. Correct, no.

As Mr. Nasty said, never trade alone. I actually attempted to do a trade a few days ago while playing as my one month old Public Hive Char. I had probably one of the few remaining, legit l85 thermal sights and was doing some medical gear trade with a guy I was talking to over Side Chat. When he walked into the grocery store with his ghillie suit I had the worst gut feeling about it. I wasn't going to risk loosing my gun and I shot him. I still feel bad about but I just couldn't risk it. He might of been friendly or he might not of been. But being alone with such a valuable gun, even someone who was friendly might of had second thoughts.

I made seven trades with people on the public hive, all while being alone. It can be done. Check the list on this thread and see if the person you're setting up a trade with is trustworthy. Trade with folks that hive high green numbers and no red.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/61113-traders-and-traitors-the-unofficial-traders-list/

Skat3rat, man that's a harsh move you pulled.

• Like 1

If you have a campsite, drop everything you have on you in a tent and just take with you what you want to trade. If you get killed you can just go back to your tent and collect your stuff.

If you don't have a base camp, drop your pack/equipment somewhere in the bushes (remember where!) and go to the meeting point. Just make sure you can collect it again before a restart. That's my trade tactic.

*edit* Never put a full backpack in your tent/vehicle, it will be empty after a restart.

Edited by llluminati

Skat3rat, man that's a harsh move you pulled.

I still feel bad about it. I honestly hate player killing but I just got too attached to my gear at that moment. Even though I mostly play on Balota Buddies :/ so I don't know why I cared about my Public Hive Char so much. Karma kicked in though. A few hours later a guy in a littlebird crashed right next to me killing me instantly.

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 1

Karma kicked in though. A few hours later a guy in a littlebird crashed right next to me killing me instantly.

:P

If you really need to, you might want to have a friend in the tree is with a sniper. Make sure you have the correct zeroing and don't tell the partners about your sniper. Also, make sure you have an escape route. As well as having your sniper, give him your important items like rifle or backpack but I suggest keeping your sidearm.