Sign in to follow this  
TheLibrarian

Admin Banned from US2419 | Appeal

I was on a seek and destroy mission on US2419 on the primary Bohemia hive. There were a couple of others involved. We were attacked by a hacker and I have woken up to an Admin ban.

Last night I let the leader of the group that owns the server know that we were coming in to destroy any of their tents, vehicles and team members that we found. And he knows the reason why. It is a public hive and I personally did nothing other than to tell them that "He and his would pay."

I can handle being banned from their teamspeak and their website. But not from the public hive. Too many bans were handed out casually this morning. I am not sure the time of the ban. But I am sure it isn't legitimate. There is history between my group and the group that owns the server, and not all of it is good.

Here is a link to the thread with one of my guys reporting the server.

http://dayzmod.com/f...s/#entry1136678

Edited by Cody TheLibrarian
  • Like 1

Issue has not been resolved, infact the mods are apparently making up their own rules. The ban report is in the cody's post can someone look that over and tell me where in the actual rules does it say were not allowed to declare war on people? Because as far as I'm aware if you look are rule 14 its a PVP game.

Here are the rules.

http://dayzmod.com/f...s-updated-3009/

You might aswell ban every bandit ingame because they disrupt the playerbase even though the playerbase are mostly bandits. lol

Edited by Sleeping Tobi
  • Like 1

@Sleeping Tobi. I have PM'd you regarding this and am willing to spend time looking into it for you by talking with both parties involved. Please respond to my message.

Edited by Fraggle

Issue has not been resolved, infact the mods are apparently making up their own rules. The ban report is in the cody's post can someone look that over and tell me where in the actual rules does it say were not allowed to declare war on people? Because as far as I'm aware if you look are rule 14 its a PVP game.

Here are the rules.

http://dayzmod.com/f...s-updated-3009/

You might aswell ban every bandit ingame because they disrupt the playerbase even though the playerbase are mostly bandits. lol

Good luck dude. I completely agree with you on this. But it seems more and more the people with fancy blue names are just here for lip service nowadays. They dont seem to actually do anything, or help insure that the rules are followed by the admins. I saw in your other post where he said the server admin was allowed to do it to protect his player base...From bandits?

That is retarded as hell. Banditry, and trash talk are part of this game. They are allowed, and now the guys with blue names are in effect stating that server admins can declare their public hive servers pvp free servers because it may hurt their community to have bandits on the server.

The proper course of action would be to have these server admins lift all day z bans, and allow this group to play on their server. If they refuse to lift the ban they should have their server blacklisted. If they want a cozy bandit free existence they should have a private hive, not a public hive.

Blue man group here needs to step it up, these ban appeals are just getting sad.

• Like 1

Just to clarify:

I spoke to one of your guy's via PM and said I would spend time speaking to both parties concerned to come to a sensible conclusion and confer with the other mods in doing so, here is a quote from that conversation:

"I locked the thread so that I can contact the server admins and give them a chance to respond. You and your friends have made your case and now we need a response from the other party. I am now awaiting that response. It's a Sunday afternoon so your patience would be appreciated.

The rules as written in the post you linked to do not account for every scenario in the world, so obviously common sense has to play a part and decisions have to be made on a case by case basis. Of course it's a PVP game so any actions in game in that regard as long as they are within the rules do not warrant a ban.

I will await a response from the other party and then confer with the other moderators. As I said, in the mean-time your patience would be greatly appreciated."

TBH I'm not really happy with the responses I got from some of your team members. You seem to think I have an alternative agenda of some sort so with that in mind maybe I'm not the person to deal with this for you. I'll step away and let someone you are happy with deal with it. We are all volunteers here and if we offer you our time to deal with something that's our choice, throwing around accusations and trying to inflame a conversation when I'm offering you my help really isn't called for.

Good luck and I hope you get the the outcome you are looking for.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

I'm going to put this easily for you guys we Forum Moderators are not here to handle in-game issues, we are here as FORUM Moderators if you're banned by an admin then that is nothing to do with us, you can try the guys with the red names but if I'm honest I doubt you'll get a response we Forum Moderators have no in-game power what so ever, not only that but anything you say could be a lie as well as the fact it has been mentioned countless times that Private Hives are the way to go and if you don't like Private Hives them I'm afraid you're going to have to find a new public server to play on unless you your self can work it out with the Admin of the server, the main focus of the staff is the stand alone not managing the Public Hive, I don't even believe servers are accepted onto it any more because all of the names in red are volunteer support staff for the MOD meaning they are not made to do anything which also applies to the Community Ban List I'm doubtful that anyone even remotely touches that any more.

TL;DR

We are not here as middlemen to sort out your issues work it out with the admin or try the red support staff, or move to private hive or just find a new server.

• Like 2

So decent question why was the topic locked when the problem wasn't even resolved? I wasn't liking that move he pulled on us.

Edited by Sleeping Tobi

So decent question why was the topic locked when the problem wasn't even resolved? I wasn't liking that move he pulled on us.

You need to read moderator posts.

"I locked the thread so that I can contact the server admins and give them a chance to respond. You and your friends have made your case and now we need a response from the other party. I am now awaiting that response. It's a Sunday afternoon so your patience would be appreciated."

-CDR. Spoon

Edited by Commander Spoon

You need to read moderator posts more.

I did read it and I already know that but the simple fact is he never put that in the original post of server report topic. It made it look like we were the bad guys there and if he had simply stated that the server admins needed to respond in that post I would of been happy.

Also its been 3 days since the report came out and I doubt that the admins will tell us and give us an excuse.

Edit: The guy also made it look like there wasn't a way out.

Edited by Sleeping Tobi
  • Like 1

Oh well. I offered you my free time and effort in trying to get it sorted for you and you responded by accusing me of having ulterior motives. That's why I've stepped away, you were never going to be happy with anything I said and your attitude was uncalled for. You'll have to find someone else to help you, if you do I recommend not insulting them.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

Sorry but Look at your own friends list it can be safe to say that your decisions would be biased since the admin of the server is in your friends list to be honestestly you really shouldn't of touched the topic because of your background with Dr wasteland.

• Like 1

You're a funny guy. My BG with Doctor Wasteland is that I got Whitelisted as a medic about 6 months ago (go and check the list, I'm number 20 something). Also, your point is moot as I have already told you I am stepping away from your ban appeal so that your mind can be put at rest about such matters.

I offered to help you, your paranoia and general bad attitude means I have since rescinded that offer and you are now in a position of needing to find someone else willing to look into it for you. Good luck with that.

Edited by Fraggle

There is no longer an active support team for the mod. Rocket turned this over to be run by the community some time ago. This also means that more and more parts of DayZ have become less strict and many server rules are no longer enforced. We have even considered removing the server reporting section entirely. Some people aren't happy with this and that's understandable, it probably could have been handled better but that is the reality of the situation and complaining about it isn't going to change anything. I hope you understand. Time is simply being spent elsewhere.

To be clear the rules haven't been "thrown out the window" but the reality is there is very little if any support for the mod anymore and it's been this way for some time now. I'm just stating the obvious. ​The system worked when the mod was relatively small but is impractical nowadays and it's unreasonable to expect the support volunteers on a free mod to do so indefinitely.

Also please note, forum team members are only responsible for the forum. We have no control over servers or admins and can't enforce server rules or blacklist servers. Fraggle was really going out of his way to try and find a solution for you but it's not looking like he should have even bothered to be honest.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 6

There is no longer an active support team for the mod. Rocket turned this over to be run by the community some time ago. This also means that more and more parts of DayZ have become less strict and many server rules are no longer enforced. We have even considered removing the server reporting section entirely. Some people aren't happy with this and that's understandable, it probably could have been handled better but that is the reality of the situation and complaining about it isn't going to change anything. I hope you understand. Time is simply being spent elsewhere.

Also please note, forum team members are only responsible for the forum. We have no control over servers or admins and can't enforce server rules or blacklist servers. Fraggle was really going out of his way to try and find a solution for you but it's not looking like he should have even bothered to be honest.

Just to be clear I am not affiliated with the OP, just frustrated with the responses we get.

Also I want to clarify that you just said free for all on all public hive server, do what the fuck you want no one will do anything...password your shit, kick for loot, ban good pvpers, run public hive loot spawning locked down clan only servers, kick for clan members, fuck all the rules anarchy? Good to know. I will be implementing this policy on my servers asap, and referring everyone to this post with their servers.

I am all for rules the rules, but if the stance is fuck the rules I am going to admin my server fair and well, but I am going to quit worrying so much about what I ban for and kick for and just do it if I see fit.

I recommend closing the thread before it turns into a total fiasco with the new settings that are applied. Forum Admins are doing their jobs well enough. Just appreciate that we have these guys on overwatch on these topics for the most part. Keep it up :)

• Like 2

Oh no, the forum admins have been absolutely helpful. Unfortunately all of the server hosting rules are out the window. Because there is no overwatch for the Bohemia Hive. Making it effectively a very large private hive, without all of the admin options. Yay. Run amok players with little to no morals!

Thanks for the responses, I will lock this thread if I can.

Edited by Cody TheLibrarian
  • Like 1