dgeesio

take away admins power to see where you or loot are in standalone.

well anyone who runs a server can see where you are in logs or your loot this is plain wrong.

i myself have seen it hapen many times and im just sick of admins being even able to have the powers to do this.

can this data be locked off so admins cant abuse it ?

whats the point of looting if admin can find any item you try to hide or if you in a battle and other admin just says oh hes gone there.

make it fair playing field for all.

also before those who just say find a well run adminned server its not that why even give a option ?

• Like 1

Well for one to identify and ban hackers. I doubt that sort of information will be necessary in the standalone though but it is in the mod.

Edited by smasht_AU

i never knew admins could do that? ... that would explain a lot of mysterious things which has happened to me on servers where clan players hold the admin rights! not saying all admins abuse this power ... but some?

Some servers will probably abuse this, if its only the owner then thats ok, maybe they'll be responsible with it, but for all admins thats stupid (if it is)

thing is most big servers are run by groups or clans .

so for instance two of you take thre clan down take there good gear. all they need to do is when you go off check logs go to gear get back or check where you are ambush you. really is shity but alot do it who run servers and its kinda lame its a possiblity. this is why i wondered if this could be stoped for standalone.

Admin abuse takes many forms and is rife, unfortunately most of the time the admins pay for the server, they can do what they like.

Admin abuse for me is in the same category as hacking.

• Like 1

The dev team should have rights to disable private hive servers that admins abuse on.

Aside from sending out cease and desist letters how could they?

I was on a server last night where the admins were in the other team's Teamspeak channel, talking about how they were teleporting, spawning Scud launchers and spectating player's positions.

some admins actively say we are private hive good luck with reporting us.

true admins pay for the server but giving them the powers to basically be god over everyone else is a bit much . hope the dev team take this on board for standalone and its locked down.

Well for one to identify and ban hackers. I doubt that sort of information will be necessary in the standalone though but it is in the mod.

easier way to identify hackers would be to add a mechanic where if they move an extreme distance over a very short period of time, say, faster than any vehicle in the game could take you, to automatically ban them.

or to add a killed by *soandso*

there are ways around having the admin know where everything is on the map, i've been in too many servers where the admin has the control panel map open on his second screen hunting down people in his own server. Its abused more than people realize.

• Like 1

Its abused more than people realize.

unfortunately this is very true, the problem is that the tools are available, it probably starts innocently enough - maybe a buddy asking an admin to find out if a chopper has spawned in.

easier way to identify hackers would be to add a mechanic where if they move an extreme distance over a very short period of time, say, faster than any vehicle in the game could take you, to automatically ban them.

or to add a killed by *soandso*

there are ways around having the admin know where everything is on the map, i've been in too many servers where the admin has the control panel map open on his second screen hunting down people in his own server. Its abused more than people realize.

Didn't Gotcha try this already, resulting in hackers teleporting other players to auto kick/ban them? Never mind the fact that those tools rely on the logs showing location data in order to work.

In any case, I doubt any of that will be necessary in the standalone as those sort of cheats can be eliminated.

Edited by smasht_AU

Didn't Gotcha try this already, resulting in hackers teleporting other players to auto kick/ban them? Never mind the fact that those tools rely on the logs showing location data in order to work.

In any case, I doubt any of that will be necessary in the standalone as those sort of cheats can be eliminated.

SAY WHAT!?

... Excellent...

Edited by joe_mcentire

I get sick of players that think their camps locations are new ideas..... I get crap all the time for finding camps...... People dont get it, with the amount of aircraft and perp. dots, you can't hide nothin...... Its the reason this game is PvP and not PvE like some people beleive it is...

• Like 1

Not all server admins cheat this way :) We have a clan and a forum but only myself has full admin access

I see no point in cheating, It takes away all the fun and leaves you with nothing to do in-game, It takes away all the glory and risks and rewards you get through knowing you could be killed at any moment

I spent 2 days once trying to repair a huey when i couldn't find a main rotor, I did it in the end and it was very satisfying when i repaired it and took off :) but some admins will take the easy option and fix it through the DB or add the parts to their inventory

Find a server and get to know the regular players, It might take several days server hoping but good servers do exist

You're also welcome to join our Taviana server, we have many regular players and clans, all will verify we can be trusted to play fair

Yeah the best option is to just keep searching for a good server.

Try and look for servers that have communities with forums. Check them out. Talk with Admins in game or join thier Teamspeak Channel if they have one.

I just want to point out though that locating hackers and thier loot that they have hacked into the game is not easy. The logs are extremely hard to read because it logs every little detail that happens in the server. It's a lot of information to sort through and very time consuming. In fact it's probably quicker and easier to find a helicopter and fly around to look for camp sites and loot.

As for the anti hacker program for the standalone, don't forget that it is not infallible. Hackers will still find ways to get around it. Without access to logs it will become much harder to catch them.

you sir are an idiot, so you've had a bad experience on a couple of servers. As a lot of people have said on this thread already not all admins are abusive. The map is one of the most important tools an admin has it means you can quickly look up position and gear of all players playing on your server it allows you to identify hackers QUICKLY. There is a reason some servers are not popular the decent ones have active decent admin that do not abuse their powers. In fact its twat admins like that that give us respectful admins a bad fucking name...

RANT OVER

Edited by beast101
  • Like 1

you sir are an idiot, so you've had a bad experience on a couple of servers. As a lot of people have said on this thread already not all admins are abusive. The map is one of the most important tools an admin has it means you can quickly look up position and gear of all players playing on your server it allows you to identify hackers QUICKLY. There is a reason some servers are not popular the decent ones have active decent admin that do not abuse their powers. In fact its twat admins like that that give us respectful admins a bad fucking name...

RANT OVER

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

l.png

shouldnt call people idiots for posting a topic to discuss, just because his thought differs from yours doesn't make him an idiot.

Edited by Hoj0

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

l.png

shouldnt call people idiots for posting a topic to discuss, just because his thought differs from yours doesn't make him an idiot.

its of my opinion he is an idiot i am simply expressing myself, he can by all means defend himself or question it. If he had a conclusive argument backed up by facts stats and then pitched it, then i would not call him an idiot. He hasn't, however he has commented on a topic that he has no idea about and hasn't come up with an alternative.

he also can't form sentences in english

"also before those who just say find a well run adminned server its not that why even give a option ?"

what the hell does that even mean

Edited by beast101

One of The admins on uk471 Private Hive 31.132.1.240:2502 is just one of those who abuses his role as admin.... keeping track of vehicle and player location! Regardless of where you hide your vehicle... literally a minute if not seconds later he gets one of his clan buddies to come along and collect it! ....Quite simply another form of Hacking but legal!

One of The admins on uk471 Private Hive 31.132.1.240:2502 is just one of those who abuses his role as admin.... keeping track of vehicle and player location!

So don't play on it anymore :) You tried it and found they can't be trusted ... move on until you find a real server with fair admins

Quite simply another form of Hacking but legal!

Agreed :) But they'll say they pay for it and they can do what they like, sad but true

• Like 1