corruptshadow

How often are your camps raided?

My guess like other hacks someone has atool where they can see where things are stashed on the map.

Hell yes, I couldnt agree more.. expecially with the early/sensitive nature of the game im sure hackers are raoming free... I hope im wrong but im sure its ample

I still agree with that you have a leak in your group. Time to start keeping track of your friends (DayZ Paranoia).

I used to play with just a few guys, and we had a camp that never got seriously raided for at least 3 weeks. We also set up another camp so that we didn't have all our eggs in one basket that was near a town with supplies that were hard to come by at our old camp. It was working out nicely and one time I ran all the way back to the old camp to see if it was gutted, but no it seemed like no one had found it.

Well we started getting more and more folks playing together and started finding vehicles, at last, and that is when our camps started to get raided. We first just went back to the original camp and that lasted about a week before some joker came in and stole one of the shitty cars. He died quite spectacularly, I hear.

Anyways, my advice is to just not care if your camp gets raided. Unless it is several people doing the raiding, you won't lose too much.

This joker, jdz, is a tool. Camps are not only used by people that die, to get back to the place gear-wise that they left of, they are used to make survival more likely when you are still alive. They don't ruin the game as long as people are using them to survive, but not to game the game. It is a place that groups can meet up and set off from, and it gives you a goal beyond just finding food and water and not getting shot or eaten.

I had a character that lived for 20 days, and it was mostly due to smart scavenging and storing of stuff we could use on regular bases. I personally hate dying and then just running back to friends or camp, to just have almost all the goodies I had before, and I am sure there are plenty of people that use camps like we do, and maybe grab one or two hard to find items when they do die.

Your spot in the very NE isn't very clever at all, since my group and I have had a camp there in a certain server for about three or four weeks, only been raided once and lost a vehicle, and moved immediately after. Ended up finding the vehicle not far away, either.

So if your group had your camp there for 3-4 weeks b4 it was raided once how is it not a clever spot? Yeah I other people have picked it but in a game where there is over 70k users online at a time and a map so small its only .... oh I see what you did there lol.

The answer to this thread is simple.

Helicopter bullshit radar.

Don't place your vehicles near your tents.

The answer to this thread is simple.

Helicopter bullshit radar.

Don't place your vehicles near your tents.

Not once did he mention having vehicles, and even if they did, i doubt they had one every time they made a camp.

My camp has never been raided' date=' because I'm not a cunt who hordes gear just to get instantly re-equipped when I respawn.

This ruins the immersion in the game, I hope you light a fire and your camp burns down.

[/quote']

Just to specify, you are a cunt though.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/campsmap.jpg/

Red dots depict camp locations

Every one was found within 1-6 hours of being setup....

The westerly Kamenka and Myshinko camps are along my deerstand raiding route for new characters, so I don't think that those two are even really 'hidden'.

With the northern locations, isn't that where everyone always puts their tents?

If I was to look for kitted out tents, it would certainly be along the forest that runs on the North of the map. Not saying that someone isn't hacking, but many people stick to forests more than roads.

Gee, by the comments in this thread, it sounds like every spot is terrible and putting a tent anywhere in the map is stupid. I wish the game didn't let people run off map to store their shit. Instead, I'd like to be able to place a tent anywhere I want and be able to set traps.

I'd like to rig my tent with c4 to explode in a blaze of glory if anybody but me touches it.

The westerly Kamenka and Myshinko camps are along my deerstand raiding route for new characters' date=' so I don't think that those two are even really 'hidden'.

If I was to look for kitted out tents, it would certainly be along the forest that runs on the North of the map. Not saying that someone isn't hacking, but many people stick to forests more than roads.

[/quote']

Meh, where else are you going to put them? Unfortunately, there are no good choices. You just have to hope for luck.

The westerly Kamenka and Myshinko camps are along my deerstand raiding route for new characters' date=' so I don't think that those two are even really 'hidden'.

[/quote']

Meh, where else are you going to put them? Unfortunately, there are no good choices. You just have to hope for luck.

There are no good locations on map which have flat enough ground for tents and are really hidden.

When no buddies of mine are online I spend all of my time running around in the north or west and search for "hidden" tents.

Its a shame you cannot hide anything properly in dayz.

It is a shame you can't hide stuff properly. With vehicles the map isn't as large as people like to think and there are deer huts all over the place. Meaning you can't really place them in the center of the map, seeing you would either be in between cities and/or deer huts than. The edge of the map would be the obvious thing, but that's the first scout people do when they acquire a bicycle... That only leaves a few spots... Now everyone else also places camps on those locations. Just try going to a good camp location and hopping through some servers. You're guaranteed to find some stuff.... It's really all about being lucky.

Reason for being spotted is already stated and a fix is on the way.

Other than that, a wise man would log off with all the gear he wants to keep on him. Leave your tent full of shit that you don't feel like making shopping runs. IE: food, water, ammo, medical supplies, extra tools, maybe car parts. Putting spare weapons in those tents when you aren't there to defend them is p stupid. I like to use my tents around the map as sort of resupply points rather than let me stash a bunch of weapons that I will probably never use before they are found and taken.

A group of about 6-8 of have a few camps/ vehicle stash spots on a popular server and have never been raided. Our Spots are all on the map but i find other peoples a lot some people don't use much logic when picking their camp spots

My camp has never been raided' date=' because I'm not a cunt who hordes gear just to get instantly re-equipped when I respawn.

This ruins the immersion in the game, I hope you light a fire and your camp burns down.

[/quote']

if you want immersion how about next time you die never @#%$#ing play again because you dead nice logic you stupid @#%$

Ok well we found out who the hackers were and since they were banned our new camp has yet to be touched.

They messed up, 2 guys with a jeep were at our camp we mowed them down and packed everything up and drove off to a new location.

Bad luck someone found our camp whatever...

I was using the ingame map to find a new spot and I noticed a marker on our old camp. Kicker is Everytime we stopped our convoy to scout an area for a possible camp a marker would pop up right where we were...

Afterwards we waited at a spot with good view and all logged out and back in under different profile names. Lo and behold the same 2 guys we killed came running right to where our new camp was not 20 minutes later.

We killed them again and moved camp once more, again I noticed them place a map marker it was obvious what was happening now so we logged out again and waited a bit thinkin maybe it was just a fluke.

Again the 2 guys showed up after about 30 minutes and this time took off with there jeep we had taken and our supply truck. There was only 2 other ppl on the server since it was night besides those 2 and our group so we banned the 2 and have yet to have our camp raided again.

The 2 we banned were long time players on our server so its interesting to see the camps that had previously been found within 1-3 hours are now lastng over a week again and still going.

Don't ever mark your camp pos on the map. Ever. Lean the art of land nav and memorize the grid coords. Don't park vehicles within 500m of your camp. Keep vehicles out of sight as they are more visible than tents. Barbed wire is your friend. Seal the whole camp off if you need to, and have one guy remove one section when you need to get back in.

If you don't know the guys you're running with on Teamspeak or Vent, or if you don't know them personally, don't let them near your campsite.

Barbed wire is your friend. Seal the whole camp off if you need to' date=' and have one guy remove one section when you need to get back in.

[/quote']

But if the person raiding has a toolbox they can remove the barbed wire, so all that really does is make your camp more obvious.

I think helicopter have some sort of radar who can find car and ...

on the map. Is it true or false ?