Sign in to follow this  
malau

Allow Ghillie suit to offer reduced detection from Zeds

Either for the SA, or a future community release of Alpha, it would be great if the proud wearer of the Ghillie was afforded a reduced likelihood of Zed detection.

In the name of 'realism' at least......

Zombies have inferior vision to uninfected persons (unless you can name a virus that makes your eyes bleed, your brain degenerate, AND make your vision superior to that of an uninfected person ? It is impossible of course - except in comic books and movies) so it is only fair that a person with a Ghillie should enjoy reduced aggro from Zeds.

If anything a ghillie should attract more zombies, sweat like hell in those things, which would help zombies smell you out...

How would this be useful in a practical sense? Shouldn't be firing loud weapons within zombie audible range to begin with. I assume your annoyed with them chasing you thru open fields? Either way they are both examples of just bad playing...

Trying to kill players? well if you are a sniper you should be on the edge of town safe from zombies and if you aren't thats just more incentive to not miss as you'll have to deal with the player and all your angry new friends.

Sounds like to me you just want more of an edge against other players.

Above everything... If done right you can SHIFT Crawl almost anywhere... so... no to your suggesstion.

• Like 1

These are infected, not zombies. And at the moment they see and hear, they don't smell.

So a ghillie should give you an advantage.

• Like 1

These are infected, not zombies. And at the moment they see and hear, they don't smell.

Source on this?

I agree on this topic

even tough i like the camo clothing better

Edited by KC Pr3lLoX

Rocket prefers them being called infected. Other than that there's no difference ^^

Seeing as there's only an eye and an ear indicator zombies only use those two things to sense players. Of course smell could factor into that at some point but not atm..

LOL! I've been playing DayZ for the longest time and i've always thought that Ghillie suits makes me less visible to zombies because i've seen players in the city with ghillies, Just discovered that it's false about a month ago.

ON TOPIC:

I agree with the suggestion. they should atleast make you less visible when your are moving slowly but even less when you are just standing around or not doing any kind of movements.

you want a source how about there being an ear and eye and not nose?....baka

So a ghillie should give you an advantage.

Actually, their eyesight is awful, they rely mostly on sound.

Actually, their eyesight is awful, they rely mostly on sound.

mehh...it would have been nice to figure that out by oneself. "Hell why do they always track me? ohh ...it's my freakin' Bigfoot odor because i never wash!"

I'm sure a big bush running around would not arouse suspicion.

Funnily enough... To an "infected" with minimal though processes, a big bush walking around probably wouldn't arouse suspicion :P

Funnily enough... To an "infected" with minimal though processes, a big bush walking around probably wouldn't arouse suspicion :P

Got a point there. xD

Conflicting reports. Someone says they smell and hear, someone says they don't smell. Which is it ? Whichever of them it is, they do it INCONSISTENTLY (noone needs this explaining because we all know a million examples of this from playing).

Even if they are technically blind (as it says in some reviews) - why don't they run into stuff when they chase you, or fall over ?) I still suspect they just use raycasting for the AI just like every other game.

Given that The Infected's overall badass-ness is reportedly being bumped up, and that they can and will infect you with game-ending illnesses - being less 'visible' (in AI terms) to them in a Ghillie would be good.

Zombies only see and smell. The can't hear very well. That is why they are attracted to loud noises because its one of the few things they can hear! *Note this depends on which move/game but a majority use this logic*

Zombies only see and smell. The can't hear very well. That is why they are attracted to loud noises because its one of the few things they can hear! *Note this depends on which move/game but a majority use this logic*

THEY ARE NOT ZOMBIES THEY ARE INFECTED AND HAVE HUMAN SENSES HUMANS RELY ON SEEING AND HEARING YOU CANNOT SMELL A GUY'S SWAET FROM 30FT AWAY CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! pet unicorns

• Like 1