m.w. vindicator

TotalBiscuit Content Patch: Discussing DayZ/ Dean Hall

TotalBiscuit is talking about Dean's comment on consumer carelessness/ media lying and The WarZ or whatever it is called now.

I always like how level headed TB is.

Enjoy!

Oh yeah the part about DayZ and Dean starts at about ~11:40

Yeah... I wasn't sure to make a thread about it either since it included WarZ. I do like TBs rant though. It's very true about the industry.

• Like 1

I like his vids. He's well informed and makes his points really well.

• Like 2

I actually decided to give WarZ a chance, thinking that a game released on Steam couldn't be THAT bad, after all... boy was I wrong.

It took steam 90 minutes to give me a full refund :D

Edited by Oompa

At least you got your refund. As he said in the video, if we keep supporting (buying) rubbish games then that's what they'll keep churning out, and we'll have nobody to blame but ourselves.

• Like 1

I actually decided to give WarZ a chance, thinking that a game released on Steam couldn't be THAT bad, after all... boy was I wrong.

It took steam 90 minutes to give me a full refund :D

Talk about the vid. If you want to rant about The WarZ visit the GD thread in off topuc

Wallet voting doesn't work when you're the minority, though.

Luckily projects like DayZ have a chance of turning the minority into the majority and making others in the industry take note of what's being achieved here. Nothing about DayZ is pandering to peoples pockets yet here we are looking at a potentially massive game release.

My point was that there always will be the overwhelming majority to make shitty games for. Unfortunately that's how mass market works. I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't try to vote with your wallet, of course. I'm just stating the obvious fact that it's not as effective as it seems at first glance. You can dislike dodgy business practices, cut-throat business models, bullshit DRM, whatever else, as much as you want - there always will be people who don't give a shit, and they are the target audience, not you. Wallet votes of sane minority can and will be circumvented with appealing to masses.

Installing a rootkit on customer PCs? No problem, as long as no one gives a fuck (root... what?). Selling the same game over and over again under different names for a decade? No problem at all, most AAA devs/publishers do that, because most people do have lowered expectations. WTF is consumer responsibility? It doesn't exist on a scale. Occasional hits such as DayZ or Minecraft don't make the big picture.

WarZ wasn't the case, it was an obvious scam.

Edited by KizUrazgubi