F0l2saken

My Day Z experience, I'm completely done with this game now

I think its funny how you were never going to play this game again, but after some PMs from members, your into it again. Could you not have thought to maybe check out a different server on your own?

I'm sorry how did that contribute to the conversation?

That sucks.

Really, it does. I know exactly how you feel. But it does get better.

I will say this: when you looted that tent and got shot, it doesn't sound like a hacker. It sounds like someone else was protecting their tent or they also wanted to loot it. And hiding in trees only gives you concealment, not cover, and if a player is smart and/or lucky they can figure out where you are. It also might not have been a headshot if they had an AS50 or M107.

Honestly it sounds like you had really bad luck. It happens too often in DayZ, and as it is right now the game provides an incentive to be an asshole, and no incentive not to be.

Most people have covered the important parts, but I'll put in my two cents.

The hacking issue is just due to how open Arma II is to scripts. We obviously can't confirm it right now, but the word is for Standalone it will be much more locked down. According to Rocket, it's going to be a new engine with parts from different BI products, securely working together. There will obviously always be hackers, but it will be much more difficult than downloading a script menu and having complete control of the server. The devs know that hacking is there and it is their number one focus in Standalone, but not much can be done for the mod. When DayZ started, rocket didn't imagine it would be as popular as it did, from what I hear it was him just having an idea and testing it out with a few friends, and the openness of Arma II made that a possibility.

As far as private servers and abusive admins go, it's just a little trial and error. Unfortunately because they're private hives, you aren't able to report for abusive admin, since that's only on officially supported servers. However, you go to official servers and have higher chance of hackers, so it's best to go with the lesser of two evils. Your case was clearly admin abuse, however don't freak out the moment you're kicked or banned. There was a case when I was playing on a private hive to save someone, and I notice in the chat feed a number of people got banned at the same time. There was some talking, some raging, but in the end most came back in. Some private admins like to remove all possible suspects from the server and then figure things out before a scripter can do any more damage. It's not common place by any means, but it does happen.

You already have plenty of recommendations to go off of so that should help. I'd provide my own, but I play almost exclusively public hive because of how I chose to play (general medic) using a lock private hive purely for training purposes. Just get out there and stay positive, once you find the right server you'll have a great time.

• Like 1

If you use DayZ Commander you can write notes for yourself about certain servers. I find this helpful if I find a certain server gets hacked a lot.

It took me a few servers till I found two that don't seem to get hacked at all, both are private but not whitelisted, and I play on them exclusively now.

The difference between servers seems to be the dedication of the admins, good admins usually equals a good server which equals a lot less hacking.

Edited by MagX

I'm sorry how did that contribute to the conversation?

You made a thread entitled "I'm done with this game" after one bad experience on one server. Someone suggested another server and now your NOT done. Make up your mind. If you are in fact NOT done, do you not consider this thread redundant?

It seems alot of bad snipers (cod kids) cry godmode when attempting to kill someone the truth is tho they are just a terrible shot. Tbh you just picked a bad private hive it's best to shop around until you find a good one they are deffo out there.

• Like 1

F0l2saken, sounds like you are the only crybaby around here. I have seen a hacker 2 times in 6 months of playing on public servers. Maybe you just suck at this game and think the guys were hacking when really they owned you with a makarov?

Fol, mate, I'm so sorry to read your thread. I feel for you because I know exactly what you mean about things pushing you to the brink. For me it's not hackers - seriously, I think I've maybe seen a hacker once or twice? It's been so long I don't remember - for me it's the poxy admins who out of the blue suddenly change the map without warning. Last night I went downstairs to make a cup of coffee and when I came back I couldn't get back in to the server, that had been empty, because the map had changed to Namalsk. I had just found my first ever totally 100% perfect UAZ and it was full of fuel. I felt sick in my guts.

Look this isn't an advert and I can't promise you hacker free but I am sure you won't have this problem when the standalone is released. That's one of the reasons they are using the different engine version. (Also, I'm assuming you've spent hours playing on private servers and have had the same problems for this to have driven you to the point of erasing the game? Right? If not, why not?)

BUT you've misunderstood and are blaming Rocket for something that isn't his fault! Remember, the reason the mod is easy to hack is because ARMA II is easy to hack and that has nothing to do with Rocket. That's BIS's decision. AND that is a deliberate choice - it's meant to be easy to edit and change - and therefore make it easy for players to make mods for it. Sadly, the world has a lot of emotionally immature people who lack the ability to grasp the significance of the negative impact their hacking has, unless you make them pay the price. That price is to deny them access. The standalone will do that. :thumbsup:

Best of luck with whatever games you play. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

I literally made this account just to respond to Macabre's post.

"... the Arma II engine is awesome..."

One time while me and a convoy were driving over a bridge, the sheer physics of this game's logic sent my UAZ hurtling straight into my groups heli. We all died.

On topic, I wouldn't totally leave the game. You had some bad starter experience, but once you find a decent group, the game becomes amazing. Although it takes like, minor dedication I suppose, compared to other games. So I guess you gotta work for it.

:T

Once you stop getting attached to your gear it gets better.

Someone had that sound advice in a thread I read early on. We've all experienced what you have but in many cases had interactions that make up for the hacks. There's awesome entertainment and some really memorable experiences to be had.

Yesterday I died when I crouch-walked on a stair.

Yesterday I died when I fell through a deerstand.

Yesterday I died when the first zombie I encountered hit me once and I blacked out for 2 minutes, broke my leg with a zombie nibbling at my nipples whilst I was bleeding to death.

Yesterday I was lost for half an hour without a compass or GPS only to be killed by a bandit squad in a chopper when I finally found a town.

Yesterday I was shot on the beach.

Yesterday I died when someone blew up Cherno.

Yesterday I was shot and raped by a bandit squad in a 4 house village.

Today I still play the game.

Edited by Applejuice
  • Like 1

I feel your pain OP. Well I felt your pain at one point in time.

I urge you to try balotabuddies.net private white listed servers before giving up.

White listed servers are not 100% sure to stop hackers but they have very active and knowledgeable admins handling their operations.

There are also lots of veteran groups of players willing to help new guys get acclimated to the game.

Again I cant promise you that you'll never run in to a hacker again but I urge you to give balotabuddies a shot at giving you the DayZ experience you want.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or comments. Id be more than happy to help.

Man you joined the mod a little late, I haven't launched DayZ since July because job/girlfriend/lack of time in general, but back in may/june it was perfect. I mean everyone was excited and when I first heard of a hacker, it was only rumours like someone said on chicago server or whatever they heard someone who had a friend who saw the whole server being killed and I couldn't just believe it... and slowly it became worse and worse and more servers were being insta killed and I stopped playing.

My point is, like you said the mod in itself is wonderful, the kind of interactions it can provide with other players is something that I never experienced in gaming before, for instance I had a 2 man squad with an unknown guy and became friends and we saved each other countless times, got our hands on the best night vision high end stuff and started to raid clan's camp, stealing vehicles then trying to hide it, and those stories when we came across a group of hippies in the woods in vans and buses lol, and when those same pacifists guys got attacked by a clan of bandits on motorbike and they chased us for hours and then there was a total misunderstanding and me and my friend got accused and then it all went to shit and we had to go on a long raid north to have revenge ..

And after a long day of scavenging to find fuel or car parts, you find yourself sitting around that campfire in the dark night, lonely with the weight of all those days of surviving that could be gone at the first bullet, shivering at the slightest noise, and this other time when I heard in the distance the sound of a UAZ, near stary sobor, at dawn, and just had the time to dive in a bush and saw all those bandits armed to the teeth heading for the helo crash I was 5 min before that, and now I'm just holding my breath in those damn bushes, waiting for the right time to move...

tl:dr : just to say you really got in the game too late, I feel sorry for you :(

EDIT : Fixed incredibly long and dense wall of text

Edited by Bat

It's the internet, I could care less if I make a typing mistake.

Could NOT care less :)

I would not give up and as you said try again,finding the right server can be a trial.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

Uff i feel your frustration man seriously! as Im too are victim of Poor or should I say 12 year old server admin issues!

Its so F#$%^ annoying (excuse my language) about the lack of Maturity that Most Admins have when it comes to having

Power in their hands. Forgetting that they should be someone that others lookup too not to ABUSE the powers (admins screen, where they can see where you are on the map ect. naming one of them)

-Reason why i quick the server i used to called home was that 3 admins play there and "magically" they have all the time ALL the Helis/choppers/humvees/ Best guns ect... I managed to killed two of them after receiving several warning from them to leave the area (how they knew i was approaching the area when i was 1200 M away in the woods ummm beats me)but anyways after a few minutes of battler with the only admin alive and his friend another player was complaining the the two admins i had just killed were flying fully geared killing players in the other side of the map (the loot they had before were still in the floor in front of me)...

Now im more cautious when selecting a server that has admins playing on it / and to be honest I rather 1 million time to be killed by a hacker than feel useless over admins, its a serious and big responsibility one that does not need to be handed to anyone

who cant prove his/she is capable of doing a great job at it....

I love this game so much that stuff like this wont stop me from playing it and keep playing for a long time ,this just makes me more Open of what is out there ;)

I know people will flame me because I'm complaining, whatever, maybe expressing this will somehow improve the game, I can only hope so because Day Z is the kind of game I really really want to force myself to like but every time I play it I end up banging my head against my keyboard saying WHY WHY WHY.

I'm a 35 year old man who grew up with computers and Nintendo so I still play games, I own a web design company so whatever insult me all you want to I'll game until I die. I started playing Day Z because I like playing games between work when I'm building a website. Hell at first I liked the game so much I dropped $300 on GT 660 TI because I thought the reason my framerate was so bad was because of my 550 TI, read up and found out that it was my CPU, Intel Q9300 ain't enough to run the Arma 2 engine.

I get my new card and dive into this game. I didn't read many guides because I felt the best way to enjoy the game is to learn it from experience. I learned a few things right away, even though this game is all about survival and has the hash perm death penalty, you will get killed by hackers constantly. The Arma 2 engine must be one of the worst engines for security that the computer industry has ever seen. I have never seen a game hacked so much in my life, but you've probably heard that already and don't want to hear it. So trying to force myself to play it I start researching how to find a server that has no hackers, I try the BMRF (Billy mays relief foundation) that requires a whitelist to play on. My 2nd day on the server after for the first time I find a nice gun I find someones tent in the middle of the woods. As soon as I start looting it someone teleports to me (I think I don't know that much about it) and shoots me one time in the head while i'm hiding under a tree and kills me. I quit the server and don't come back, obviously the only thing a whit elist means on the BMRF server is that hackers are more careful and not obvious.

I then find this server called gamers-dream.com and think hey it's a private hive with a white list, I'll give it one more shot. I play on this server for a total of 6 hours, FINALLY find my first car and am so thrilled. Hide it in the woods and go to sleep, wake up today and am thrilled that it's still there. I never knew they stayed like that but I figured I'd try it just in case. Get ready to head out and a hacker joins the server even though it's a private hive with a whitelist, teleports everyone to the center of the map. I instantly turn my computer off in hopes that I disconnect before I die from the hacker. I go onto the gamer-dream forums and report that there is a hacker on the server, they say it's safe to go back on so I sign back in. Now I venture to a town and start looking for a gascan because I need to fuel up the car. I start shooting zombies and one of the admins starts trying to shoot me with a sniper rifle. He missed once so I run to where the sound came from while kind of zig zagging to make myself harder to hit, he then shoots again and misses, and I see him laying on the ground in a camo suite (Guile I think? or something like that ). I walk right up and shotgun him in the face and kill him in one hit.

What happens after I get my FIRST player kill in day z? Yes my first kill after working for it for weeks? I get banned from the server because the crybaby admin says something about godmode which I've never heard of and bans me. All my weapons I found, my first car, all gone. I never got to loot the corpse of the first person i killed because it happened to be a crybaby admin who couldn't handle getting shot gunned in the face.

I have now uninstalled Amra2 and I don't know if I'll be spending my time with the standalone. My experience with this mod has been the worst gaming experience of my lifetime, and that says a lot because I've played online since Quake1. You get killed by hackers and then when you finally land your first kill and you are excited about it, you get banned because an admin can't handle the fact that you killed them?

I'm not complaining about the developer, I can't remember his name but I remember Rocket hehehe, I think he did an amazing job on the mod, I just think it's built on the worst engine in the history of video games and that completely ruins the game.

My suggestions if anyone cares for the standalone would be improving the efficiency of the engine, a Gt 660 TI should not be getting 15 frames a second. I'd also advise if you're going to make it perm death please for the love of God stop the hackers. They in their own way cost this game another player, the admin even though he's a crybaby on the server probably would not of have thought I was hacking if there weren't so many hackers destroying the day every second of the day.

On the other hand, thank you who ever made this, it tried to force myself to like this game because it's just the PERFECT zombie survival game, but the hackers and the terrible admins have just ruined it for me. I wish you the best of luck with the Stand alone and even though I can't stand the game because of how I've been treated in it, I will still try to recommend it to other people....

I agree with you about the hackers. I've never encountered a crybaby admin, but I guess it's not a pleasant sight, at all. Just today when I finnaly got to NW airfield and found a car inside, I was killed by a hacker in a ghillie suit. (Easy way to spot a bandit or a hacker = ghillie suit). I shot him 3 times with an m14 and my friend shot him with his m14 as well, the ghillied guy didn't even flinch. Hackers are now, sadly, a common sight in DayZ. I see at least one every day, and I've learned not to care too much about losing stuff, because of this very thing.

I am sad that you are leaving, but if that's your decision, then it's the right decision. I doubt the game is going to fix the hacker problem any time soon, and while they are trying to do it, it's not an easy thing to do.

You're clearly whitelisting with some shit outfits. Go for balota buddies. Incredibly high rep private hive community (2000+ members) that includes many of the admins/moderators here on the forums. The admins don't take getting killed personally, shit, some kid was bragging on the BB forums the other day how he murdered the creator of the community on one of the australian servers. Steak and Potatoes is the US head admin and, for some odd reason, loves getting killed by other players.

BB has multiple servers: vanilla, weapons +, Namalsk, Celle, 2017. Whitelisted/private hive or public. Aus, UK, and US servers. Get whitelisted for one, get whitelested for all.

It's not an issue with Dayz, it's an issue with the servers you're choosing. Click on my sig and all of your problems will go away ;)

• Like 1

Has anyone heard of the anti-hack plygins they put into server. How about you find one of those servers.

I'm not going to read the responses to your post because most of the people on this board piss me off...

To YOU I say this. I am a 40 something mom and seriously before dayz I was playing mario cart on my kids ds, and before that there was pacman. I have had SUCH a hard time adapting to using the keyboard to play (isn't there some sort of joystick you can buy to play these games) and had an even HARDER time figuring out how to play. I too have been to a server where an asshole Admin hunted me down in a helicopter and then got mad at ME for telling him he was an idiot (which he was)

What I love about this game is the variety. I can't stand the games my kids play on the xbox or ps3 where it lays out every move for you and you blindly follow. I love wandering around, finding new places, even getting killed by zombies (or admins) because it makes me a better player. I do pretty well for myself now. I know when to avoid the city and places to avoid and where to find what I need in terms of guns and ammo, etc.

It seems like from your post you are frustrated because you cant play the game the way you want to and my advice is to keep looking and keep playing. Dont let the jerks make you quit - get back in there and play and if they dont play nice hunt them down!

Hit me up on a server anytime!

Everyones been killed by hacks pretty much just find a GOOD whitelist server and try there.

I know people will flame me because I'm complaining, whatever, maybe expressing this will somehow improve the game, I can only hope so because Day Z is the kind of game I really really want to force myself to like but every time I play it I end up banging my head against my keyboard saying WHY WHY WHY.

I'm a 35 year old man who grew up with computers and Nintendo so I still play games, I own a web design company so whatever insult me all you want to I'll game until I die. I started playing Day Z because I like playing games between work when I'm building a website. Hell at first I liked the game so much I dropped $300 on GT 660 TI because I thought the reason my framerate was so bad was because of my 550 TI, read up and found out that it was my CPU, Intel Q9300 ain't enough to run the Arma 2 engine.

I get my new card and dive into this game. I didn't read many guides because I felt the best way to enjoy the game is to learn it from experience. I learned a few things right away, even though this game is all about survival and has the hash perm death penalty, you will get killed by hackers constantly. The Arma 2 engine must be one of the worst engines for security that the computer industry has ever seen. I have never seen a game hacked so much in my life, but you've probably heard that already and don't want to hear it. So trying to force myself to play it I start researching how to find a server that has no hackers, I try the BMRF (Billy mays relief foundation) that requires a whitelist to play on. My 2nd day on the server after for the first time I find a nice gun I find someones tent in the middle of the woods. As soon as I start looting it someone teleports to me (I think I don't know that much about it) and shoots me one time in the head while i'm hiding under a tree and kills me. I quit the server and don't come back, obviously the only thing a whit elist means on the BMRF server is that hackers are more careful and not obvious.

I then find this server called gamers-dream.com and think hey it's a private hive with a white list, I'll give it one more shot. I play on this server for a total of 6 hours, FINALLY find my first car and am so thrilled. Hide it in the woods and go to sleep, wake up today and am thrilled that it's still there. I never knew they stayed like that but I figured I'd try it just in case. Get ready to head out and a hacker joins the server even though it's a private hive with a whitelist, teleports everyone to the center of the map. I instantly turn my computer off in hopes that I disconnect before I die from the hacker. I go onto the gamer-dream forums and report that there is a hacker on the server, they say it's safe to go back on so I sign back in. Now I venture to a town and start looking for a gascan because I need to fuel up the car. I start shooting zombies and one of the admins starts trying to shoot me with a sniper rifle. He missed once so I run to where the sound came from while kind of zig zagging to make myself harder to hit, he then shoots again and misses, and I see him laying on the ground in a camo suite (Guile I think? or something like that ). I walk right up and shotgun him in the face and kill him in one hit.

What happens after I get my FIRST player kill in day z? Yes my first kill after working for it for weeks? I get banned from the server because the crybaby admin says something about godmode which I've never heard of and bans me. All my weapons I found, my first car, all gone. I never got to loot the corpse of the first person i killed because it happened to be a crybaby admin who couldn't handle getting shot gunned in the face.

I have now uninstalled Amra2 and I don't know if I'll be spending my time with the standalone. My experience with this mod has been the worst gaming experience of my lifetime, and that says a lot because I've played online since Quake1. You get killed by hackers and then when you finally land your first kill and you are excited about it, you get banned because an admin can't handle the fact that you killed them?

I'm not complaining about the developer, I can't remember his name but I remember Rocket hehehe, I think he did an amazing job on the mod, I just think it's built on the worst engine in the history of video games and that completely ruins the game.

My suggestions if anyone cares for the standalone would be improving the efficiency of the engine, a Gt 660 TI should not be getting 15 frames a second. I'd also advise if you're going to make it perm death please for the love of God stop the hackers. They in their own way cost this game another player, the admin even though he's a crybaby on the server probably would not of have thought I was hacking if there weren't so many hackers destroying the day every second of the day.

On the other hand, thank you who ever made this, it tried to force myself to like this game because it's just the PERFECT zombie survival game, but the hackers and the terrible admins have just ruined it for me. I wish you the best of luck with the Stand alone and even though I can't stand the game because of how I've been treated in it, I will still try to recommend it to other people....

Go play some WarZhit and we'll see you back here in 1 hour crying some more.

Some of these people are so aggro... "OHMYGAWD STAHP COMPLAINING NOOB ASS CRYBABY"

Really, he's just voicing an opinion, and yes, I feel his pain. I'm not saying all of the games like that, but a lot of servers have some seriously immature leaders behind them. Of course, I still don't think he should just give up entirely on the game, it takes effort to get through this game, then it becomes very enjoyable. Once you get through all the idiots in game and get good gear, everything just goes beautifully. It really is a fun game, and you should stick with it.

Ignore the trolls. Sounds like a pretty shitty experience to me.

As mentioned before, try and get in with a reputable Whitelisted community and you'll do fine. I've not played on Balota Buddies, but heard good things. (Over in the UK so I play on GB WIreworld).

Last time I played on a public server, I had some guy teleport in next to me saying some shit about getting a ride off him. I told him to get it over with and he blasted me. Then some other twat shot me as I spawned in off the beach.

No point staying on pub servers imo. hope you find something that works for you.

Re: your framerate issues, check this out:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters

There's lots of parameters can affect your experience, so it's a good place to start (if you haven't experimented with this already).