Sign in to follow this  
victusmortuus

Lefties

So I'm currently waiting for my GFX card and DVD/R to arrive -should be Monday-. Now I've only ever played RTS games on the PC as I've been a console gamer since i was little.

Now.. Is there any other lefties who struggled on this game and had to change their set up? I'm a bit worried I'll have to remap everything you see.

I'm a leftie and have never had an issue, I guess I'm just used to it though I've been PC gaming for a long time. If your hands aren't already used to a particular setup you'll be in the same boat as anyone else getting used to a mouse and keyboard, it's just about muscle memory. After a few hours it'll be second nature, after a few months you'll wonder how you ever played a game differently.

Funfact: Lefties are far sexier than everyone else.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 10

I'm a leftie and have never had an issue, I guess I'm just used to it though I've been PC gaming for a long time. If your hands aren't already used to a particular setup you'll be in the same boat as anyone else getting used to a mouse and keyboard, it's just about muscle memory. After a few hours it'll be second nature, after a few months you'll wonder how you ever played a game differently.

Funfact: Lefties are far sexier than everyone else.

I was actually contemplating swapping all the keys around so I could manage better but i guess if I stick with it I'll get used to it.. I agree about lefties also :D

I'm a lefty and I'm a lazy lefty. I also always thought there were something aesthetically wrong, placing the mouse on the left side of the keyboard.

I was actually contemplating swapping all the keys around so I could manage better but i guess if I stick with it I'll get used to it.. I agree about lefties also :D

If you're a lot more comfortable with using your left arm to aim then I would actually recommend remapping to something like pl;' instead of wasd and taking the mouse with your left hand. I know a couple of lefties that arrowkey but I find that extremely odd. Not sure I'd recommend that... Lol.

• Like 1

I'm a righty but i play as a leftie cos I find it easier.

Never had any problems, in-fact I wonder how righties cope with having so much keyboard between right and left hands, I like how wsad are so close to the end of the keyboard,which leaves space for other stuff I wanna put on my desk :P

Edited by R3con

I'm a lefty and I'm a lazy lefty. I also always thought there were something aesthetically wrong, placing the mouse on the left side of the keyboard.

My Brothers a leftie too (so were my Mum and my Dad, weird) and he uses the mouse on the left side of the keyboard, he's a very strange boy that one.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

im playing/using my mouse with my left since i can remember me using a pc. what i mostly do is using the arrow keys and set everything i use to enter, str, delete, page up-down, and numpad, never had a problem with any game, always enough keys to use.

I'm a righty but i play as a leftie cos I find it easier.

Never had any problems, in-fact I wonder how righties cope with having so much keyboard between right and left hands, I like how wsad are so close to the end of the keyboard,which leaves space for other stuff I wanna put on my desk :P

You're crazy! I don't think I'd be able to aim at all with my left hand.

ima lefty and i use arrow keys for direction..

i remap most keys in any game..

as most games default to right handed users..

its something u just get used to having to do..

Can I make my usual "sinister" joke thing about you freaky guys?

• Like 1

Can I make my usual "sinister" joke thing about you freaky guys?

photo-thumb-19790.jpg?_r=1357753050

if thats you, sure go ahead and make fun of me all evening :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Me and my cousin and lefties with the slight difference that I use the mouse with the right hand and he's putting the mice at the left side of the keyboard as you said. Both of us can play without problems, it's just matter of time to you from getting used to the ArmA II keybinding setup.

Lefties are very creative, artistic people. Well that's what it said in the research I've read! :) :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I am a leftie but always adapted to using my right hand with the mouse for aiming, im better with my right hand than my left on co-ordination though i can only write with my left...

Too many years PC gaming i suppose!

• Like 1

Lefties don't have souls.

• Like 1

I shoot left in real life, and am always leaning out the wrong way from behind obstacles (the in-game character shoots right handed). I wish there was a way to change this in-game, it is much more natural for me to lean left from behind cover.

In every other aspect of my life, I am right handed, only shooting rifles and bows do I go to the sinister side.

Lefties don't have souls.

FUNFACT: In religious imagery the devil is always pictured as being left handed, it used to be considered evil, that's why they used to force us poor oppressed lefties to write with our right hand. The INJUSTICE!!!!!

Edit: I just read the link Mr Voodoo posted and it explains it better than me: http://www.cracked.com/article_19808_5-reasons-being-left-handed-screws-you-life.html

We're doomed, sexy but doomed.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

photo-thumb-19790.jpg?_r=1357753050

if thats you, sure go ahead and make fun of me all evening :thumbsup:

Damn, you may have a point. Unfortunately I'm not as manly as my avatar.

Regardless, I find you left handers very "sinister"

There. I did it as I always do in leftie threads.

L

PS I use both hands.

Edited by orlok
smut
  • Like 1

I'm a lefty, but play right handed. If you put a mouse in my left hand I'm completely unable to use it. Interestingly enough the same applies with frisbees, bowling balls, and scissors (weird I know).

In real life I had to learn to shoot right handed since my right eye is dominant. I can't hit anything shooting left handed because I can't focus right.

Had to laugh at Smasht's comment. Though I was reminded that when my sister was a kid she was punished for being left-handed. She was forced to right with her right hand and told that using her left hand was a sign of the devil's work. Did I mention we were educated at a convent school? <_<

• Like 1

At this rate with my GFX card not coming the only thing I'll be using my left hand for is..... my touch pad on my Laptop. :lol:

Edited by Victus Mortuus

Had to laugh at Smasht's comment. Though I was reminded that when my sister was a kid she was punished for being left-handed. She was forced to right with her right hand and told that using her left hand was a sign of the devil's work. Did I mention we were educated at a convent school? <_<

Catholic school here too. I'm probably older than you but I remember kids getting hands smacked for using the left hand and then one year they had left handed scissors (which I always tried to use as a righty - its an adventure)

I have 3 kids and the youngest is left handed. Kind of interesting what makes people use the hand they use. I can say as a mom you're born using your specific hand - ITS NOT A CHOICE. (Feeling like I need to wave a rainbow flag now)

GAME PLAY: I feel like I use my keyboard hand more often than the mouse hand. People are always trying to kill me so I have learned to really weave and dodge and use the alt to look around constantly. I think if you start playing - just use whatever you feel like using and stick with it - if it feels weird, change it.

• Like 3