Watermelon56

What do you feel like when you kill someone?

I feel the recoil. I hear the shot. I see him fall. And a small smile appears on my face. Followed by a pair of items in my backpack.

Nothing makes me feel as good knowing his heart has stopped.

I think the first few times i shot/hatchetted people i felt guilt, but it was what i had to do to survive in Cherna. After a while i started to like the idea of ruining someones day by letting them loot a city in it's entirety and then pick them off from a 300+ meter distance and have 2 of my friends get their loot while i was already on the prowl for the next poor sucker. Now, all i feel is the adrenaline from a firefight, more intense so if i'm actually on the recieving end of a gun. No regrets, no guilt, usually followed by the words: "Welcome to MY town, bitch!"

Depends. If it is a camping sniper, then a little jig of joy.

I killed a Survivor once who startled me. Just as he said "Friendly..." i pulled the trigger. I did feel quite guilty until i looted his corpse and found some great gear, i then convinced myself he would have shot me anyway. Cue little jig of joy.

I feel nothing as it's just a game. Gaming is not real life and shouldn't be linked with that certain emotions but still, everybody is different.

You're obviously not immersed!

If it was a decent gunfight and I managed to win, I'd be feeling pretty pumped since everytime I hear gunshots that are near me I get a damn adrenaline rush.

If it was just some random guy I saw and decided to shoot, I'd just try to get whatever I can off the body and gtfo away from the body as fast as I can.

Depends who I kill. A bandit shot me a few days ago from the top of the cherno hospital and that made me angry, I was saying I'm friendly, luckily I got away alive, and found a glock in the fire station close by. I went back, climbed up to the top, and just as I climbed up, he turned to me and shot me with an enfield, luckily he shot me in the legs and I survived, I emptied the whole clip in him and he eventually died. I felt great justice!

I feel awesome i'm a Bambi hunting bandit i don't care who i kill its fun and every time i do i jump up and scream "YEA BITCH" in the mic. its way better when they have a mic so you can hear their reaction. i dont even take their loot i use it as traps. like that one guy said "welcome to my world bitch." why feel remorse when you dont know if in their last profile they capped people too? all i got to say is KOS for everyone!

As weird as it sounds, I like to give myself a challenge. One time I saw a bandit survivor coming, and I wanted to see how I'd fare with him, but he had no gear, so I dropped my M249 in the middle of the airfield, and drew my M9. I then went around looting for general gear, waiting to see whether I'd see him again.

Low and behold we found eachother, and a firefight ensued. Apparently his aim was garbage, because he missed me and actually had to reload the machine gun, and the firefight took up the whole span of NW to the extent the server admins told newcomers "GTFO ITS LIKE A WARZONE IM HEARING OBER DERE"

Getting that final kill made me feel like a ninja. Until a DMR shot my legs and broke em, forcing me to hide like a coward.

TL;DR, Makes me feel awesome if fighting a non-fresh spawn.

I usually just feel the recoil of my rifle

Was actually just skimming through here to see who the first unoriginal hack would be to say that. You win.

I glance around after the final shot to make sure i have no Zeds/Survivors/Bandits roaming around or running after me. I then move toward he body and check the gear. If there is nothing good, i take what could come in useful later and sprint off toward the nearest forest. I reach the treeline, slow down and think about what i did - was it worth killing someone who worked so hard to survive, only to take 1/4 of their gear?

I glance around after the final shot to make sure i have no Zeds/Survivors/Bandits roaming around or running after me. I then move toward he body and check the gear. If there is nothing good, i take what could come in useful later and sprint off toward the nearest forest. I reach the treeline, slow down and think about what i did - was it worth killing someone who worked so hard to survive, only to take 1/4 of their gear?

The answer is, yes.

• Like 1

Eh depends on who and why? When I kill a survivor cause he points a gun at me I feel a tang of guilt, or when some bambi tries to betray me I also feel a pang of guilt. But when I kill that bandit on sniper hill, or the guy camping on the airfield in a hangar, i feel great, excitement, stalking the bandits from town to town, waiting till I can get the perfect shot, it feels great.

CAN YOU FEEL ZE SCHADENFREUDE?

Man, there is nothing better than killing a player and destroy his completely day with that.

I remember sittin' somewhere on Cherno with a friend and sniping the hell out of some black guy in the fire station. Heavily injured he managed to crawl away.

It didn't take long and he+another guy found our position and tried to get us from behind. Luckily my friend was watching our back the whole time so we already saw them coming before they had any idea what they would do in that building. So I took my M4 (the one with the camo and flashlight) and aimed at him from upstairs. We looked at each other for like 3 seconds and then opened fire. He couldn't hit a shit with his rifle and I killed him. Man, what a fucking satisfying feeling.

I've played this for so long I don't really feel much anymore, I still feel the anticipation and adrenaline rush of pretty much risking it all, but when I get the kill I don't feel guily or happy really, I guess the most satisfaction I get now is still being alive

I feel nothing as it's just a game. Gaming is not real life and shouldn't be linked with that certain emotions but still, everybody is different.

Got to disagree. Why even play this game, and not like, a puzzle game. Because it has an aspect of role play and those games we like because they do engage emotions. Now, it's our option to cut some of them out - obviously if we REALLY put our heads into DayZ it'd be horrific and traumatic. So we keep things at a distance. And I don't think you have to feel the "right" emotions but by far the best way to play a game like this is to be in SOME kind of story. It doesn't have to be "you in real life" it's just a character, but, what's the character going thru?

I'd say there's got to be some kind of emotion, even if it's just an intense kind of tactically-engaged awareness thrill. With high stakes since death means more in DayZ. So again that makes the case for heavier/intenser kinds of experiences, cause what else is the innovation of DayZ than those kinds of things that add to the emotion (/excitement/engagement/immersion) of the experience.

Heck even if you totally detach I'd say, look at that as what a person might do. They might tell themselves it's just a game, even if it were real. Lots of people would do that in a zombie apocalypse definitely. I think it's a great idea to try on different roles.

Well to be completely honest, when I spot another player I get a bit of an adrenalin rush (yeahIknowimstrange), my heart rate goes up and other stuff like that. I stalk them for a while, observe what it is they are doing. When that bullet hits and kills It feels amazing. No matter who It is, it will always be satisfying. Now I've just gone off and made myself sound like a psycho.

Another one bites the dust, loot his body, hide it, no different to the last guy.