spofny

Battleye update fails because of potential malware in BEClient.dll

Since this afternoon I can't enter any server.. The Battleye update fails because my antivirus (antivir) thinks the BEClient.dll is a trojan.

It doesn't usually do this.. So it's either a false positive or the Battleye website has been hacked..

Virus or unwanted program 'TR/Downloader.Gen [trojan]'

detected in file 'C:\Users\lkaslkdfnas\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye\BEClient.dll

Edited by spofny

"You could add an exception to your anti-virus ? Tell it to ignore the file"

Yes I know, but I'd like confirmation from the Battleye guys before I do so...

Edited by spofny

I've PM'd Sable. What anti-virus are you guys using, all Avira AntiVir?

Edited by smasht_AU

It's not hacked LOL

This happened to PB before. The way BE works probably bothers Avira a bit, so it causes a false positive alert. If you downloaded BE from the website or it updated ingame, you should be fine.

Happened to me twice today, Avira whining about trojans..

I'm not taking any risks either, so I want some info before I ignore the file.

Edited by Sutinen

It's not hacked LOL

This happened to PB before. The way BE works probably bothers Avira a bit, so it causes a false positive alert. If you downloaded BE from the website or it updated ingame, you should be fine.

Battleye seems to download the file automatically regardless of what version is installed. I've downloaded the file from the webpage and I still get kicked off the game for not being able to update the file..

Please report this to Avira as a false positive and put the BEClient.dll on your exception list for the time being.

Edited by BEdev-Sable
  • Like 2

I've PM'd Sable. What anti-virus are you guys using, all Avira AntiVir?

yup im using avira antivir

comes up as a trojan for me

I'm having the same issue. On Tuesday "failed to update" showed up, yesterday it didn't and today it's kicking me out of the servers again. I also have Avira.

I'm having the same issue. On Tuesday "failed to update" showed up, yesterday it didn't and today it's kicking me out of the servers again. I also have Avira.

Please follow my advice above.

According to https://www.virustot...sis/1358307158/ the Avira AntiVir false positive should be fixed already.

Mysterious Tr/downloader.gen That Infects \system Volume Information\

BEdev-Sable is right

http://www.avira.com/en/support-threats-summary/tid/3907/threat/TR.Downloader.Gen

Side effects:

• Downloads malicious files

PD: Battleye is an Anti-cheat that need comunication (down&upload files ServerBE/YourPC) it want a program or dll (kind Trojan) for this. But no is malicious .

Edited by AnarKus

Same here.. i got avira and it says it's a Key gen or some gen thing.. i tried to play on my server but since battleye is fucked up i can't install the new patch.. and then i can't play on my own server.. :(

Note sure why virustotal isn't reporting the false positive; I'm still getting it.

I'm sure a few people have reported this false positive already though, including myself.

In the meantime, just add the BEclient.dll to the 'real time protection' exceptions.

(There are other exceptions, so ensure you use the correct section).

I think you have to allow the copy that's in your users appdata folder, rather than the one in your Arma 2 folder.

Eg: c:\users\[your name]\appdata\local\ArmA 2 OA\BattleEye\BEClient.dll

Edited by Anti
  • Like 1

I just turn off the Realtime Scanner while the file updates, once you're ingame you can turn it back on and it won't hassle you. But you have to do that everytime you log back onto a server. <_<

• Like 1