Trizzo

The City Rat Challenge (Do you dare?)

Hey!

Welcometo the City Rat Challenge.

chernchallenge.png

"Damn rats, always skirting around in the shadows, making me jumpy"

I think you might have an inkling as to what his might be about! The City Rat Challenge is an endurance competion of sorts. The aim is to live in a city, like a rat, for as long as possible, by any means possible. Yes that is it!

The Ethos

So you say. This is easy you say. I'll just kill people...oh sure. How are you going to deal with the aggro without drawing the attention and ire of bloodthirsty bandits? How are you going to heal when you can't rely on backup or animals which are never found in the cities and rarely found on the outskirts? Where are you going to take a breather from the aggro or the players? You're in one of the two of the most dangerous places in Chernogorsk!

This is not for the faint of heart. It is for dirty rats, who survivor by any means possible.

Rules

* The aim is to spawn fresh in a City via suicide OR close enough to run into what is considered the city.

*No gear going in. You loot what you find or what you take via force from the city and the city alone.

*Don't rely on help from your clan/squad for help via VOIP, direct chat is prefable (if you dare). Coordinated rat packs are more than welcome to try (but solo rats have more glory)

*Anything goes! KoS, Hiding, Camping, Trading, Alliences, Begging...whatever it takes.

Gentlemens code

*Don't join a hive only to leave your character for a week. I play a little while on my favorite Hive doing this, when im bored i switch. But I'm mainly going for City Rat Challege when i play.

*Don't leave the city and come back.

*If somebody saved your life because you got help via VOIP instead of direct chat I'd like to know. It's unfair for soloists.

*Share your experiences. Video, screenshot, tell us your tales. This is fun and flavouful way to survive.

*Try to kill as many zombies as possible. Not a rule, just an indication of badassery and a willingness to get dirty.

Cherno City Limits

http://www.day-z.fr/...chernogorsk.jpg

Enterable Western Coastal House to the Eastern Bridge

Elektro City Limits

http://www.day-z.fr/...trozavodsk1.jpg

Western Farm Shed to Eastern Dock.

I look foward to your stories...Good luck fellow rats.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 4

(reserved for video etc)

I'm uploading my first attempt soon...

* City: Cherno

* Died Day 0

* 0 Players killed

*59 zombies kill via hatchet

*shot at once (i think)

*three players glimpsed

*two players heard talking

*many gunfights heard

...highlights coming soon!

Cheers

Edited by Trizzo

Haha I tried to think of a flavourful justifcation for Rastamus's transformation from Mouse to Rat...All I could come up with is DayZ.

The video i took is coming...just slowly :P

Edited by Trizzo

This is how I normally play. I call it ElektroWhacking.

My last attempt was about a week ago, without a 20-30 pop server.

Day1:

1. Join Server
  2. Spawn in Elektro
  3. Run into SE Firehall
  4. Find guy (seemingly AFK) at the top)
  5. Run Away, find enfield
  6. Run into Office Building, get hit a few times (crazy low HP)
  7. Get one kill, and heal (bandage, eat meat I stole from guy)
  8. Get 2nd Kill as soon as bandage anim is done
  9. Go to roof, snipe 3rd guy in firehall
  10. Run back to firehall to get 4th guy
  11. See random guy on bottom floor - 5th kill
  12. Go upstairs to check weapons - see 5th guy outside running around
  13. Fire once - miss
  14. Sneak around behind him - 6th kill

I forgot to record the rest, but I get about 10 more kills simply roaming elektro.

Day 2:

I ran into two guys in the church, and was about to kill them, but they called out that they were friendly, and fresh spawns. I did hit one of them (before they called that out), and when I left, they we're working together to heal each other (they were using in-game chat). So, I decided to let them live, since they were playing the game in a pretty cool way. I needed some more ammo (only had an AK-Kobra with two mags), so headed to the firehall nearby. Unfortunately they came up the stairs, and hit me once (which was fair). I fired back and ran (I knew it was them), and told them via in-game chat that I would help them, provided they didn't shoot me. UNFORTUNATELY some guy with an M16 heard me/us, and got all 3 of us (although I got him at the same time).

Ended surviving 2 days, 17-18 kills (the guy that killed me died at the same time due to blood loss).

• Like 1

Challenge accepted sir, I will even breed :)

This is exactly how i have been playing for the past few months.

It usually involves:

1. Acquiring an axe

2. Running to hospital, church and fire stations

3. Trying to locate bandit snipers so as to hatchet them to death

4. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and throwing flares at noobs during the night to scare the shit outta them.

So far my deaths - about 100

Bandit snipers killed - about 8

I'm in!

• Like 2

This is exactly how i have been playing for the past few months.

It usually involves:

1. Acquiring an axe

2. Running to hospital, church and fire stations

3. Trying to locate bandit snipers so as to hatchet them to death

4. I also enjoy long walks on the beach and throwing flares at noobs during the night to scare the shit outta them.

So far my deaths - about 100

Bandit snipers killed - about 8

I'm in!

Oh man city living in DayZ is a terrible drug...the angst is so oppressive and inescapable...i remeber lying under a gas pipe on the outer industrial area trying to take a breather...i got so comfortable that become too scared move away (i was close to making it another day)...so i made my way around the city, where I could, by crawling under the pipes, hoping I was moving in a inconspicuous way. The church is a building a avoid like the plague...there is only one way out, not where a rat wants to be.

I liken city living to a Hunter S Thompson Story. He speculated that the rabbits and rodents that dash in front of cars, moving at high speeds, are in fact not stupid but so hopelessly addicted to the adrenaline of constantly living on the edge of life and death that they can't help but run in front of the passing cars. Now that I think about it the Church is the perfect place to loot...damn you!

Edited by Trizzo

Sounds like 2017 to me. Since the loot is so rare and the same everywhere, there is no need to run north for an enfield or whinny. Just party down in the 2 big cities. It is fun as fuck I will give you that.

I'm in - see you in Cherno (or Electro)

Anyone got the name of a good UK server? Been a while since I played and want to find a home. Must have daylight/twilight later in the evening!