Meeshe

Most Useful Weapon..Your Thoughts

So the other day I found a CZ-550 and at first I was like YAHOO!, but I got to thinking. Im not really looking to be a sniper bandit, and its not a close in Zed fighting weapon, so my joy was tempered a bit. Dont get me wrong, IM happy I found a scoped weapon :P but it got me thinking.

So here I put a question to yall: What is the best all around gun, that fills a multitude of roles and youd want when the shit hits the fan. I know u can have more than one weapon but just wondered what was the one gun you cant live without.

I wont shy away from a fight but wont go looking for one either. I am thinking of lone wolfing it most of the time, but heading into a city will happen occasionally. Thanks

• Like 1

I like the M14AIM for all around long range and close quarters team fights. As for a good looting non-pvp gun, I like the M4A1 CCO SD.

My loadout right now though is an M107 and M240 with a M9 SD sidearm.

The only reasoning for my load-out is that I play on a squad heavy server and I use the guns to take out their vehicles.

Edited by BeastOverlord

Any AK, variant or not, will do nicely for city shoot-outs (provided you find enough ammo). M1911, best pistol I've come across, ammo is plentiful.

Best zombie-slaying gun? Hatchet. Don't forget to reload it.

Edited by GotBeanZ
  • Like 1

The DMR. Yes, it's a semi-automatic sniper, but it fires literally as fast as you can click, so it's easy to spray even point-blank.

If there's no crosshair, though, and you like going a little more up-close or simply prefer not using scopes, you could use the battle-rifle variant of the DMR, which is the M14 AIM. It's basically the same weapon with the same damage and fire-rate, except it has a reflex sight. (ACOG with red-dot.)

Edit; Oh, and it knocks out in one hit to the chest/back. So it's a great stun-gun if you can aim.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

AKM all the way. You can 1 shot the zombies and it's deadly against humans. The ammo is pretty common too.

M14aim is great too since it's also 7.62 and has the aimpoint. But, the ammo is semi-rare and it's not full auto.

• Like 2

as a fresh spawn , nothing beats an axe and pistol combo as the axe is quiet and will not attract more zombies and the pistol is good if problems escalate.

from there its tough to pin down one ideal weapon (IMO) as there are so many different situations in dayz.

i am a fan of the M14 aim.single shot , nice sight and powerful.

• Like 1

The m14 aim, there was a reason why people with Ak's couldn't kill me because my 1 shot had killed them already (or knocked them out)

Awesome gun, honestly.

I choose you Mk48. Range, supression, fear factor...frikkin tracers. Its my favorite.

M14, perhaps the best all rounder.

Aformentioned pistol axe combo can carry you through any drama and is the easiest system to achive. Nothing beats the simple satisfcation of a maky and an axe. Unless i have 600 rounds for the Mk48... (but that's not so simple)

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1

I like the DMR the best, it's good for close, medium and long range PVP. I really don't like the AK variants and would take an M16/M4 over any of them.

• Like 1

For me its the M4A3 CCO. Quiet enough to use in towns (especially with STANAG SD mags loaded) and useful mid/close range against players. Plentiful ammo, an excellent sight and even a torch built in. There is no better all-rounder rifle available. Most useful weapon would definitely be the hatchet though - silent, powerful, no ammo worries and essential for survival.

M14aim is my favourite. I will drop any other weapon for this. Hits like a tonne of bricks and is useful out to a huge range. Plus it looks bloody awesome.

M14 AIM for PvP or M4 CCO SD for very quiet removal of zombies and the occasional player when Lone Wolfing it.

M14 AIM/DMR with an M9 SD. Good at all range and offers stealth elements. Also if you're not a trash shot like 80% of people you'll never be out-gunned. Yes the DMR can be used up to 900m, you just have to learn how to properly use the scope, 900m is out of the mildot range which makes things interesting.

AKM or an aks variant that uses the akm ammo. depending on server settings the 1911 if its a one shot kill on zombies if its not ill take a G17 and better again is the PDW. of course there are better main weapons but i choose these for there availability and the availability of ammo.

oh anything silenced is usefull.

Edited by DMC14

AKM

ok iron sight

zeroing

good dmg

its a frggn AKM love it or die!

after that everything with cco scopes and the DMR

Mk 48, basically a full auto M14. Has its effect even if you miss.

Plus a G17, ammo readily available in deer stands, long 17rnd magazine and nice iron sights (easier to do headshots than with a M1911).

Learning a ton from yalls posts. THANKS :thumbsup: :beans:

If you want to go all rambo and shoot everything and everyone the AKM is your best choice. Easy to find weapon/ammo, deals massive damage and has great range.

You should have some experience in shootouts before you use it though, because it makes a lot of noise and attracts attention from everything.

If you're not looking to get into fights get the winchester, 1 shot - 1 kill for zeds, easy to find weapon/ammo and very quiet. Use it until you find a suppressed weapon.

Pistol wise definately M1911 with the amount of ammo around, and the ability to combine revolver ammo as well. Any time I've had an M14 it's seemed more accurate than any other gun.

M14 AIM or DMR, they can be used up close or at range they attract zombies though.

for a sidearm use a PDW it can use M9, Mp5 and regular pdw mags it is quiet and can go full auto of needed,

AKM nice DMG and the ammo is pretty common.

Sidearm i prefer the 1911 cause it 1 hits zombies and the ammo is common too.

But my favorite weapon is the DMR...

as first find in a life, when you cannot put it in your backpack, when you still have to enter a big city, i must say any full auto with a moderate noise level...when geared everything with dmr mags or stanag rounds