Sign in to follow this  
Dinamite Joe

I want change system

Hello guys, i want asking a question..I want change my system xp to 7..Do you think my savegame remain or lose?

Thanks

If you're talking about your character it's linked to your account and not stored on your PC.

It will stay because it's not saved in a folder like the majority of the games, in this case ArmA II/DayZ profile is related to the CD-Key of the game you have bought.

I recently just upgraded my PC and formatted my hard drive to start from scratch, my character still had all his stuff when I reinstalled DayZ so yes you should still have your items after you upgrade your OS.

A word of caution. Going from XP to 7 could be very detrimental to your gaming experience unless you're upgrading your PC as well. 7 has MUCH steeper requirements and causes games to suffer greatly that run very well on the same machine with XP.

You may wanna check your pc can handle it just incase :)

Windows 7 is just better over all. I loved XP and its still serviceable but the only reason to not update to 7 is because of old hardware.

• Like 1

I run Windows 7 and it's completely fine for me.

Arma does prefer XP, although I'm unsure as to how much. It will run a little smoother on Xp rather than 7.

Also, my low spec netbook flies now it's on 7 rather than xp.

IMHO, unless you have any legacy progs that win 7 hates then move to win 7.

You could always dual boot?

Rgds

LoK