Robdoddy

Bring Back Starter Weapon Petition

I just got the game right after the 1.7.1 update. I have watched many people play it on Youtube. It looked fun on Youtube because you actually had a chance to fight and find supplies. When I first logged on, it took me three games to find ONE weapon! Sign here to help bring back the starter weapon!

Better idea, bring back starter weapon, but make it the enfield with a single clip.

Bahaha, I can imagine the chaos.

I've been spawning with a starter weapon...

It's just always hidden in some random barn.

-1. The game is way better without the starting gear. Here are some tips for you while you wait for your petition to fail.

Step 1: Uninstall Arma 2 and everything related from your computer.

Step 2: Play another game.

Zombie Apocalypse = Total shitstorm.

Why should we get any help?

You're so right! So why are we getting any help at all? Let's just spawn naked! Why should we have ANY fighting chance in the game?

+1 for bringing back a starter weapon

I don't want a starter weapon if you suck so bad you can't sneak you need to uninstall this game.

Taking away an important aspect of surviving will definitely help in the long run, the problem with DayZ is that death wasn't really as crippling as it should be. Taking away the starter weapon makes it so death isn't just some minor annoyance.

It's a survival game. It's ridiculous to put us in a game like this and told we're not allowed to defend ourselves. I would prefer being able to melee over starting with a gun, but that mechanic doesn't exist. Who tied my hands behind my back, anyway?

Its a survival game not a pvp shooter. That said I was against the removal of the Makarov in the first place, I thought it would result in bandits spawn raping and from what I hear that is happening to a degree. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a change to this in the near future, but then this is alpha of course so they are still developing and testing core gameplay mechanics.

It's a survival game. It's ridiculous to put us in a game like this and told we're not allowed to defend ourselves. I would prefer being able to melee over starting with a gun' date=' but that mechanic doesn't exist. Who tied my hands behind my back, anyway?

[/quote']

Someone told you that you aren't allowed to defend yourself?

Ah that's constructive.. someone wants to bring back the starter weapon and you guys insult him and tell him to GTFO. Typical sandbox game community. Elitists to the bone.

I personally don't mind not having a gun to start with. Though, if that's going to be the case, some other changes need to be made.

I played for a solid five hours tonight. Even had a friend with me. It seems that currently, unless you crawl, or are quite a fair distance away from a zombie, you are going to aggro them. Now, if we had a weapon or melee capabilities, I'd say we could handle ourselves against one or two. That's not the case.

Our only recourse has been to run them into a house and hope to get them all inside, run out the back, and hope we can get far enough away to hide. This only works half of the time. As even if I am prone and a good distance away from a Zed and out of sight, they still see me.

We run around for five hours, as I mentioned before. We visited Kamenka, Komorovo, Balota, and Cherno. We found ONE can of pepsi. Not a single can of food or animals to skin. There were ammo mags by the boat full. Most of the guns that we found, we didn't find ammo for. We found a ton of higher level ammo, but very little lee enfield, macarov, shotgun shells, pellets, etc.

So ultimately, we found no food(Even nothing in a grocery store), one can of pepsi, a ton of higher grade ammo, a few weapson, but barely any ammo for those.

I'm not sure if this was a server issue or what.

If not, and we aren't going to get starter weapons, we need increased drop rates on food, water, starter weapons, starter ammo, hunting knives and there need to be more animals. Did I mention that we happened upon 3-4 survivors, all friendly. Of course they were friendly, most of them didn't have guns or food. Most of them running scared of zombies.

It went from being able to survive for several weeks to not being able to do much of anything. I feel that we need a middle ground. If you guys don't agree, so be it. But I ask that you bring some form of intelligence to the conversation like I have. You just make yourself look like an idiot with the whole hardcore elite mentality.

To OP uh.. learn how to play -1. To Das1337, this isn't the place to report bugs or even give constructive criticism. If you wanna do that go to the Hotfix build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update thread like everyone else.

my friend accidentaly shot me

i spawned, no weapon investigate elektro.

find random ammo, drinks & biggest Backpack

come across freshly spawned player, we greed we wish each other luck and we move on

no instant shooting bullshit.

i love this new spawn system.

Posts deleted

Legitimate suggestion. Least give a good reason on why you're denying it instead of just saying " No >:( "

-1 From Me.

Do not bring starting weapons back.

I like the authenticity, the tense atmosphere and terror of being defenceless. With further updates to zombie behaviour (ie: not super zeds) then starting without a weapon will be much more amenable.

Posts deleted

Legitimate suggestion. Least give a good reason on why you're denying it instead of just saying " No >:( "

Double post by accident.

I just got the game right after the 1.7.1 update. I have watched many people play it on Youtube. It looked fun on Youtube because you actually had a chance to fight and find supplies. When I first logged on' date=' it took me three games to find ONE weapon! Sign here to help bring back the starter weapon!

[/quote']

No, sorry.

Posts deleted

I agree it needs to be talked about' date=' maybe melee should be put in. Or maybe you start off with more bandages, but I really enjoy the feeling in the hunt for a weapon when you spawn. There's nothing like it.

[/quote']

AFAIK: Melee can not be put in right now as Arma was not designed for Melee. However a post in off-topic once stated that a mod/add-on added a melee for a bayonet on some rifle (I don't remember which) so it may be possible.

To OP uh.. learn how to play -1. To Das1337' date=' this isn't the place to report bugs or even give constructive criticism. If you wanna do that go to the Hotfix build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update thread like everyone else.

[/quote']

If that's the case, then is this thread not supposed to be here as well? Since it is a topic on something that the last patch brought on, should it not be closed or moved to the forum that you suggested?

I'm simply giving my opinion on the thread here. Your problem shouldn't be with me.