Robdoddy

Bring Back Starter Weapon Petition

This is not an FPS; you are not John Rambo; learn to stealth. I've played the past 6 hours armed to the teeth and not firing a shot (except at a bunny).

The only zombie I agro'd post 1.7.1 was because it got dark while I was in a barn and bumped into him on the way out. Luckily, I outran him.

in reallife you dont start with a gun do you? i say let it stay like this

In real life, you do not have a gun.

BUT! In real life one can also use a knife, axe, pick up a stick etc...

In a game where the only form of defence is a firearm, starting without one is a bit silly. Its like controlling a guy with no arms in an apocalypse...

-1 from here too.

Originally when I heard that the gun was removed I was bit "meh, that sucks" but when I then died and respawned in the next-to-nothing gear it felt very refreshing. Spawned near Cherno and looted the whole place (every building) without aggroing a single zombie or being shot by another survivor. I think the current zombies have nice balance of avoidability and threat and without the gun-ho makarov maniacs roaming around there's much more depth to random encounters as well.

Pick up junk and throw it somewhere to distract zeds who might spot you before sneaking past them. Prone, wait and inch yourself forward constantly minding your surroundings. It's easy to avoid zombies that way and since every house seems to have at least one weapon it's not hard to find a gun.

My suggestion is to keep the start gear minimal and make weapons seriously more rare. I bet that would make most of the undesirable impatient player base quit and exponentially lift the enjoyability of the game.

Sure sucks you can't just run around with guns blazing eh?

Pretty much most of the reasons already posted. I love starting with nothing and making something out of it. Survival game should be HARD to start out but once you manage to get that first sidearm, first primary, and you are making your way inland after successfully surviving and scavenging. I love it when I succeed. Starting with nothing gives you more rewarding feeling when you do manage to survive.

well I'm sure most people here already know but a couple of hours ago a new patch 1.7.1.2 came out and melee weapons are official there is now the hatchet and crowbar. currently as it says in the hotfix they are very weak but maybe that will quite down all the people Q.Qing over no guns when spawned

First players wanted starter weapons removed, now this.

This is an example of why developers don't listen to their consumerbase half of the time.

*Signed

If not for me when I want some casual play then for the targets I find on the beach when I do have a weapon.

-1 the game is more fun like this. Just be sneaky never been seen, and you will live through this.

Signed. Players with guns are constantly killing other players for their supplies with absolutely no risk to them, given the low spawn rate of weapons.

I really like the way it is now, my first few attempts at raiding Elektro with only a flashlight were some of the most fun I've had but it is extremely hard. Starting out with a crossbow and some bolts would make use of an otherwise worthless weapon.

Fuck that.. Learn to SLOW WALK :idea: It's really simple.. It really is.. I promise... OH ALSO.. If you aggro, RUN AROUND THE HOUSE AND CROUCH WALK. You'll be fine that way, LoS'ing Zeds is REALLY EASY. Kbai :heart:

-10^100

I've been reading "bring back the starting weapon" posts for a few days now and no argument, absolutely no one convinced me even a little.

The pros of no starting weapon outweigh the cons by a large margin. I guess OP hasn't realized it that there was a huge voting on this subject. Not only is rocket for no starting weapons, most of the community is.

I don't know how the game was before I started playing it, but for a new player it is hard without anything to defend himself.

Surely, it would avoid "respawn carnage" of some idiots killing ppl for nothing. As DAS1337 said, it would be nice to have nothing, even clothes, but at least give us some chance.

Now we have no flashlight at the start. Making it impossible for players to start a char at night.

Ppl like me, that only play at night, are doomed. You can't see nothing, you have no gun, what should I do??

Uninstall?

write /pray for god to put the moon on the sky so I can see a inch?

The game actually is funny, taking out your flashlight, don't make it more funny, or don't make you feel better, it makes playing at night f***ing impossible. =)

Better idea' date=' bring back starter weapon, but make it the enfield with a single clip.

Bahaha, I can imagine the chaos.

[/quote']

LOLOL yeah, 'oh just gunna take out this 1 zombie' *shot fired* HOLLLLYYY FUCK RUNN!

Now we have no flashlight at the start. Making it impossible for players to start a char at night.

Ppl like me' date=' that only play at night, are doomed. You can't see nothing, you have no gun, what should I do??

[/quote']

you do, right click your bag dude

I want starter weapon too, and no it's not cause zombies kill, people with guns and hatchets kill me. Ladder bugs get me alot too as well as crawling indoors. Zombies are an annoyance.