Sign in to follow this  
Snilex

Nuclear vaults

We have all seen those kind of entrences while driving IRL on mountain sides or maybe been out in the woods walking with a dog or by yourself.

This should exist in DayZ aswell, maybe like a dungeon if you wanna call it that but it's not like you reload into another map. It's just like walking into a building, open the door, you go in, meet tunnels and rooms that are pitch black to search for food, drinks, medicine, weapons, ammo, fuel for your cars(Fuel are also used to power up generators in these kind of vaults.). At the same time you hear Zombies, because the civilian people who got there couldn't keep the virus out so it got into the vaults. They roam around in there because they don't find anything else usefull to do.

And ofcourse also other players who are tempted to go in there to look, maybe for the thrill to kill players or kill Zombies or to simply just feeling it's worth risking your life to get some food.

So not only do you battle Zombies and other players, but also the pitch black darkness.

Got a flashlight? Yeah probably, then use it and bring a friend or if you are lucky enough to have a weapon with a flashlight mounted you can use that. Or even better, NVG that makes you a whole lot safer inside these big dangerous survival vaults.

I'd love to go explore stuff like that. :)

• Like 4

I've thought about the same kind of thing, and I would also like to see something like this. Even if they're just one-room fallout shelters, it would still be cool.

• Like 1

An interesting idea, dead end structures in general should be a consideration. Bomb shelters are quite common in Europe. An idea definitely worth to be put on the list for the future.

Aren't underground bases and tunnels going to be part of the SA already?

Also Namalsk has the underground place... and Taviana has at least some underground rail lines/subway stations.

Definately worth expanding on... I'd love to see a Vietnamish map with MILES of networked crawl only tunnels with rooms and exits all over... that would be GREAT.

The more the merrier though, Nuclear bunkers or silo's, backyard fallout shelters, gov't scale nuclear shelters...

• Like 1

Some guy asked for fully dark basements that can spawn loot but you have to risk your life trying to get it without knowing if it's going to be empty or full of roaming zombies that want to get at your throat in a second. I approve your suggestion because I love anything related to nuclear things so my beans are given to you.

No way Hose, too fallout 3 for me, I can only wonder what the strain it would put on the engine, underground buildings and Zombies roaming? No thanks. Above ground is bad enough. No need to go Metro.

I have noticed a lot of Fallout 3, Metro and Stalker ideas trying to break into the SA or game in general. Let's be honest DayZ does not need 2nd hand ideas, It does fine on its own and always has.

No way Hose, too fallout 3 for me, I can only wonder what the strain it would put on the engine, underground buildings and Zombies roaming? No thanks. Above ground is bad enough. No need to go Metro.

I have noticed a lot of Fallout 3, Metro and Stalker ideas trying to break into the SA or game in general. Let's be honest DayZ does not need 2nd hand ideas, It does fine on its own and always has.

Actually I wasn't thinking about Fallout at all, that's an assumption on your part. Why I got the idea was because a few weeks ago on a site here in Sweden where people sell stuff, I saw one of these war/nuclear vaults beeing sold for around 60k euro(660k Swedish crowns).

So basicly I didn't think of Fallout from the beginning.

Or even better, NVG that makes you a whole lot safer inside these big dangerous survival vaults.

Actually...that made me think.

NVGs usually don't work at pitch black conditions unless you have a IR lightsource which the model the game uses obviously doesn't have which on the other hand gives your position away to other people with night vision devices ( most people forget some things work both ways )....

Actually...that made me think.

NVGs usually don't work at pitch black conditions unless you have a IR lightsource which the model the game uses obviously doesn't have which on the other hand gives your position away to other people with night vision devices ( most people forget some things work both ways )....

I did not know that. Well then, flashlight is your friend in there then. :)

Edited by Snilex

An interesting idea, dead end structures in general should be a consideration. Bomb shelters are quite common in Europe. An idea definitely worth to be put on the list for the future.

quite common in europe?

what part of europe?

there's some old WO2 bunkers maybe as far as i know..

Actually I wasn't thinking about Fallout at all, that's an assumption on your part. Why I got the idea was because a few weeks ago on a site here in Sweden where people sell stuff, I saw one of these war/nuclear vaults beeing sold for around 60k euro(660k Swedish crowns).

So basicly I didn't think of Fallout from the beginning.

I said it was too fallout 3 for me! no assumptions anywhere.

And also stated there are a lot of cross over game ideas coming in, hence the comment.

Don't assume I was assuming, assumer :lol:

on the sides on a lot of the mountains on some of the maps there are big doors on the sides of mountains. that dont open and i have always thought it would be good if they opened.

• Like 1

I said it was too fallout 3 for me! no assumptions anywhere.

And also stated there are a lot of cross over game ideas coming in, hence the comment.

Don't assume I was assuming, assumer :lol:

You have to agree that Fallout 3 is a great game with great concept.

A game such as this which in my opinion is already great but with more realistic feature such as a safe shelter/bomb shelter/nuclear shelter should be something that would fit perfectly in DayZ as it is a survival game(Also a simulator of what could happen in real life, from what I've read from people).

quite common in europe?

what part of europe?

there's some old WO2 bunkers maybe as far as i know..

Well, being from Eastern Europe I can tell you that they are all over the place, not ww2 era, but 60-70ies era - basically go to a large forest, walk for 10 kilometers, and you will find some sort of a military bunker or similar... always thought there was something missing in Chernarus...

not something big though, just couple of rooms, like a larger house or something, but very well hidden.

• Like 1