sreg

Starter Options

I think in the Standalone everytime you die, a menu appears after the "YOU HAVE DIED" screen, with two buttons saying "Express" or "Custom".

In these steps, you get to choose your clothing, gender, skin color and trait.

Express mode randomly chooses your gender, skin color and set of clothes, yet you must still select a trait.

Traits are as follows:

Exmil: You spawn with a random pistol and five clips. PvP damage does 25% less damage with the starter pistol.

Survivor: Your needs all take twice as long to become fatal.

Retriever: You run 25% faster when you have nothing equipped.

Chemist: You can craft blood bags from corpses.

Scavenger: Zombies will always drop an item, and it will be 50% rarer than usual.

Explorer: Spawn with a map and compass.

Bandit: Start with 50% less blood, but deal 25% more damage.

Adrenaline: Need to constantly take drugs or medical supplies to ensure top physical condition. Higher than normal stats. Temperature has a smaller effect.

Extremist: Can carry more without a bag. Move 25% slower.

EDIT: Also, another idea I had: You shouldn't be able to abort a server when other players are around. Exceptions: You can do this once a day, in case of a situation, like you ACTUALLY NEED TO LEAVE, YOU'RE LATE FOR WORK.

Edited by Exoquatic

I can agree with most of that....

With the exception of the "perks" :rolleyes:

I kinda like it but i find if you just play the game like a survival game there is no need for the perks....Love the costume thing though!

These traits are just as bad as the classes which are continuesly suggested.

However, the player customization seems to be a wonderful concept.

I agree being able to fully customise what you look like, as in age, gender and appearance but defintely no traits/perks.

I think the most you could want is a clothing choice like all of those "Perks" Are Clothing of some kind (Except stuff like bandit different Debuff) so Extremeist is like a piece of Webbing with a fuckton of Pouches Like Two Combat Vests and 7/8 pouches (I used that because Im not sure if they are called MOLLIE Vests or not) Or Explorer has a Small Map Circle around him or draws out a Inaccurate Map from where you go but when you get a proper Map he marks things on his map so Gas Station and Super Market in Cherno would be added as Markers to the map. Scavenger it should just be your chance of loot spawning in buildings is higher than 40% or so even at the barracks and loot wouldnt be rarer but the would be slightly more of it (as if he had actually been REALLY lucky)

Customizable character: Yes.

Perks: No.

Well it seems to be unanimous on the traits thing, I'm glad to say. A little character customisation would be ok. But only a little.

Okay, here. How about this:

Explorer: Start with a compass and a map.

Scavenger: Zombies drop loot twice as much, and is twice as rare.

Survivor: Needs last longer.

Assassin: 50% quieter, zombies aggro less often.

Is that better? I'm trying to do things that are nothing like CoD, because personally I think CoD is a trash game and should be eaten. Or something like that.

I just wanted to improve DayZ by letting players improve themselves without spending countless hours into the game.

Granted, the improvements shouldn't be game breaking, but enough to get the player to continue playing.

Items should give utilitary (if thats a word :) ) pros and cons. Sneakers are lighter, so make less noise - but are less suited to running through the bush. Pros, make less noise. Cons, Slower movement speed on rough terrain. etc.

For me this is the answer: Make items have authentic Pros/Cons, then through customisation players can mix and match items to best suit their play style (or situation).