Sign in to follow this  
Dayz Steve

Resting and Restoring Blood

I was wondering, about if you had low blood, and you bandaged yourself up.

What if your character was resting there blood would increase very slowly over time, maybe out of red in about 10 min?

• Like 2

This was already suggested 100s of times

but still a nice idea :)

Yeah slow passive regen when your character is in optimal condition aside from blood would be ideal. I just eat like a pig if I don't have blood :)

Edited by Malicar

I think it's a good idea. The idea that after civilization falls there's lots of usable blood just laying around is not very realistic.

Even if it was a slow process you could rest long enough just to get your eyesight back to normal. When the screen starts to blur I get a headache in minutes and just get myself killed to end the pain.

I think the system is fine... I would like this to not turn into COD series.

Yeah slow passive regen when your character is in optimal condition.

I think the system is fine... I would like this to not turn into COD series.

It's realistic, too. We regenerate and replace our blood(Well, blood cells.) very rapidly. So a very slow, passive gain of blood should be added, in my opinion. But only, say, 0.5 - 2 blood per second, so it doesn't make eating unnecessary.

It takes 6 weeks MINIMUM for 1 pint to be restored correct and in full (cause of the iron and hemoglobin and platelets and what not), and the human body has 10 pints and the body shuts down at about 4 pints. So say you loose 1200 (1/10 of the blood in your character) blood, should it take Minutes/hours/days/weeks for 1200 blood to be replenished.

Debate:

Minutes... We are starting to head in the COD Direction. So what you get hit a few times and go run into a building and stay there for a half hour and your blood is fine again, doesn't put enough pressure on a player to stay alive. (this isn't warz, remember this is dayz)

Hours... Although it's better, Still seems to be to quick, and Isn't real enough

Days... a full 24 hours of game time for 1200 blood seems fair, but the player has to log 24 hours of game time.

Weeks... most realistic, and most people are going to be asking for faster regen times

Here's the thing, In order for regen to be realistic for me is the player has to be in game in order to regen, when the player logs out the regen stops, so the players dont log out for days and so there characters can heal.

EDIT: 6 pints to 10 pints, body starts shutting down around 4 pints, 2000 blood to 1200 (1/10 of blood is 1200).

Additions:

Also 1 pint in game is equal to 1200 blood, simple math if you want me to show you here. 12000blood/10pints = 1200blood/pint

6 weeks to replace 1 pint (1200 blood)

Edited by Davirusdb99
  • Like 2

It's realistic, too. We regenerate and replace our blood(Well, blood cells.) very rapidly. So a very slow, passive gain of blood should be added, in my opinion. But only, say, 0.5 - 2 blood per second, so it doesn't make eating unnecessary.

I agree. And your blood should only regen if your not hungry. If your in the yellow, no regen. The regen rate should be pitifully slow. Also even if you get your blood back, wounds shouldn't magically get better. A gun shot wound will persist even after the body has recovered from the blood loss. You should still feel severe pain and other side effects.

It takes 6 weeks MINIMUM for 1 pint to be restored correct and in full (cause of the iron and hemoglobin and platelets and what not), and the human body has 6 pints and the body shuts down at about 2 pints. So say you loose 2000 (1/6 of the blood in your character) blood, should it take Minutes/hours/days/weeks for 2000 blood to be replenished.

Debate:

Minutes... We are starting to head in the COD Direction. So what you get hit a few times and go run into a building and stay there for a half hour and your blood is fine again, doesn't put enough pressure on a player to stay alive. (this isn't warz, remember this is dayz)

Hours... Although it's better, Still seems to be to quick, and Isn't real enough

Days... a full 24 hours of game time for 2000 blood seems fair, but the player has to log 24 hours of game time.

Weeks... most realistic, and most people are going to be asking for faster regen times

Here's the thing, In order for regen to be realistic for me is the player has to be in game in order to regen, when the player logs out the regen stops, so the players dont log out for days and so there characters can heal.

What is your source? Can I see a link. You have a lot of numbers and no sources.

http://www.redcrossblood.org/donating-blood/donation-faq -- 6 weeks minimum

http://www.americasblood.org/go.cfm?do=page.view&pid=12 -- Sorry, about 10 pints in human body.

http://medtextfree.wordpress.com/2011/12/30/chapter-59-acute-blood-loss-anemia/ -- body starts shutting down at about 33-40% blood loss, due to conserving the brain and heart.

http://www.redcrossb...od/donation-faq -- 6 weeks minimum

http://www.americasb...age.view&pid=12 -- Sorry, about 10 pints in human body.

http://medtextfree.w...od-loss-anemia/ -- body starts shutting down at about 33-40% blood loss, due to conserving the brain and heart.

thanks! I believe you now

We are looking into blood re gen on the community version. As well as other areas of cooked/raw meat

• Like 2

We are looking into blood re gen on the community version. As well as other areas of cooked/raw meat

water should do it too the first time i lost alot of blood in dayz i went upto the nearest well, Drank - refill - drank over and over again! sadly after a few goes. blood did not replenish :(

Look into drinking water too, food can only take you so far. Remember the body is made up of 70% water. Plasma is 90% water.

Can I murder new people on the coast and drink their blood? Would make blood bags useless.

Should take at least 24h realtime to get to safe bloodlevels...keeps one from hopping from fight to fight. And bloodbags shouldn't restore all health, i don't think a bloodbag has 6L of blood in it and i don't think that giving a person that amount of foreign blood is healthy either...i wouldn't take that blood anyway because they would be spoiled after exposure and lack of cooling like they are in the game.

Ideally the blood would regenerate when your food and drink levels are green only, that makes it a little more realistic, you need water to produce more blood right?

There are many ways to implement blood regen without going down the COD road. It's a million times more realistic than unrefrigerated post apocalyptic blood bags that can be used in the field and instantly brings you back to perfect health.

Edited by Leto

Can I murder new people on the coast and drink their blood? Would make blood bags useless.

No you will just get infected with AIDS.

Ideally the blood would regenerate when your food and drink levels are green only, that makes it a little more realistic, you need water to produce more blood right?

I covered the water part earlier. Water does play a huge role in blood being restored.

This is the time scale I would be looking at. Currently we can starve to death in a few in-game hours so healing in the same amount of time seems reasonable. Even so, a lot of people will probably suicide and run back to their body rather than wait a few hours to heal.

I could imagine blood regenerating at different rates depending on what you're doing. The maximum rate would be when you're warm, fed, watered and sitting under a tree. If you're running around but still have all your consumable needs met health would regenerate a little slower and if your cold, thirsty, and hungry no regeneration would occur.

Along with this it would be interesting to see more status effects implemented. For example, if you're hungry you can't run or if you're thirsty the edges of your vision start to blur. That would encourage people to keep eating and drinking even when they're at full health.