Sign in to follow this  
Thre3zekiel

Treasure and Money

*smells a Necromancer*

The only 'good' money suggestion I've seen is money as more of an item than a currency, like throwing a handful of change to distract a zombie, or using a bill to quietly get a soda out of a vending machine. Wiping your ass with paper money or using it to start fires.

*Reads the words, "some kind of neutral zone," and immeadeitly ignores anything the post has to say.

• Like 1

I traded 60 5.45x39mm bullets for a hand grenade the other night, and I personally feel like I got the better end of the deal. As of now, in the ArmA alpha of Day Z, yes, bullets are a bit too common to be a currency like Metro. I feel like that'll be tweaked in SA, but then the problem emerges of which bullet should we use as the gold standard? In Metro 2033, it obviously becomes the 7.62x39mm and the 5.45x39mm, because this is Russia and Kalashnikovs just float around by the crate-full (http://rt.com/news/kalashnikov-firewood-boxes-pensioner-721/).

But in Day Z, which one is the best? Is it the 12-gauge shotgun shell, because most people have access to at least one shotgun within the first thirty minutes of gameplay? Is it 5.56x45mm, because it's what the big boys use? Do you ask the canteen salesman to break a .50 and he gives you three 9mm's in change?

And this is all, of course, entirely player determined. The devs should never write a single line of code concerning currency. Sure, a trade interface would be nice, since right now it's either putting it on the ground or opening the guy's backpack, but that's just for convenience's sake. Not to make it currency-oriented.

• Like 2

make fuel a LOT more rare

use fuel as currency

profit.

No more clans hanging out in helicopters, they would only use it when extremely necessary.

No more infinite fuel deposits, much more hardcore experience, finding a car, fixing it and needing to find fuel.

Make jerry cans server fixed, BTW, to avoid server hopping bitches.

Actually all supplies on dayZ should be limited, medical supplies should be EXTREMELY rare, to the point that finding one morphine auto injector would be a REAL pain in the ass. Blood bags shouldnt exist, as they wouldnt last any longer without electric energy to power the refrigerators. So hunting would be necessary to anyone.

Well, everything should be currency, they arent now cause everything is freaking damn easy to find.

no! don't say "make xxx as currency". Give as seemingly useless trash or other things like fuel and let us decide if we are able to use them as currency. It must be up to us. Imagine you find a bag of money and keep it because you think you are "rich" somehow. Imagine further you freeze to death because you could not get over yourself to throw your money into the fire to keep it burning.