Sign in to follow this  
thelonewarrior

They finally got it right with dayz+, what do you think? (POLL)

Does DAYZ+ have it right  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Does DAYZ+ have it right

• Yes, its how the game should be, balanced and challenging
    • No, I just like to shoot people, zeds shouldnt be a threat
    • No, I find its too difficult
    • No, its just not for me
    • Yes, I like some features but not others
    • Neautral, its ok but I still like the normal settings on other maps

So for those of you that havent played it yet, Dayz+ offers a huge challenge in the way the game is played.

Zombies are now a threat, they WILL kill you in 7-8 hits from full blood, if you go unconcious you are screwed.

Want to be a douche sniper? Well good luck, unless you are actually a good shot your not going to live long as a sniper, AS50s and other high tier snipers are gone, DMR is the best you will find without hacking, night vision and thermal dont exist and getting an M16 is a real moment of happiness as it can be difficult to find decent weapons, although sometimes you get lucky

Zeds also agro much easier, running through a town to where you want to go and shooting them as they come into the building is a death sentence, seeing as you cant take many hits and more zeds agro......ive seen many a bandit (wannabe bandit) stop in the middle of the street, aim his lee enfield, miss me and then get mauled to death before he can fire a second shot.

Food and water and even weapons are not as common, ive seen people teaming up in groups of 4+ with just hachets and one pistol if they are lucky.

Myself? I spent 4 hours looking for something to replace the AK i found that only had one mag, i now have a CZ550 but that took searching every barn in the southern side of the map.

Its a mod of a mod that is now on dayzcommander.

Youll get bandits, but they wont last long unless they are smart, plus you can easily tell them on side chat who they are as soon as they find out zeds are a threat they rage on the side chat about how its a pvp game and not pve, i find there are more people willing to at least stick around to transfuse you without just shooting you in the face, because you really value finding a sidearm in this map and its worth keeping, but not worth getting hurt for as if you get shot back and wounded, you wont live long after so keeping blood at the max is a priority.

And thinking you will live off cooked meat? Good luck finding matches, all toolbelt items are rarer, ive yet to find matches

so do you think this map is what DAYZ should be, with zeds a threat and less supplies

One of the main reasons is that it makes you think and plan your route to your target (whatever it may be, medical, food or weapons)

You must be smart, whether your friendly or not, you cant just go around shooting everyone, as you will last mere seconds if a horde of zombies corners you.

I agree its more to my taste, but i can see it will provide a challenge for all types of players, for you bandits out there I say give it a go too. You will find it harder to catch your prey, as you will need some escape plan or have plenty of ammo to spare (which you wont)

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 11

If you want harder then this try dayz 2017 trust me your own hell awaits you.

• Like 4

see i want Range Finders, GPS's and NvG's but they should all require Different sets of batteries to run them and the batteries should be harder to find then the items them selves so you can't run 24/7 wearing NvG's etc. That is what i want!

• Like 1

I don't like the Zombie damage. I heard it's like 2000 per hit? That's way way way way too much (if it's true)

• Like 2

You will need to update dayzcommander first, it should be at the top of the list of mods on install/ update

I comlpetley agree with you, this is how DayZ should look like. Perhaps if the arma base game was not so damn clunky/clumsy id prefer the zombies to be even more of a challenge than they are now in DayZ+.

how its a pvp game and not pve

It's actually not a pvp game, pvp is just a means to survival, the actuall point of the game. A point many beanwarriors seem to have missed.

It is on Commander, cant check right now but i think it was the top item on the list of available addons for me, listed as DayZ+?

I don't like the Zombie damage. I heard it's like 2000 per hit? That's way way way way too much (if it's true)

Definitely too much, considering the clunkiness of DayZ. For instance, you find a hatchet, and if there's a sidearm in your hand, it takes likes 5 seconds to pick it up, because at first the character takes away the sidearm (veeery slowly), picks up the hatchet, does some random hand movements while there's nothing really in his hands, puts the hatchet in the inventory, and then takes the sidearm in his hands again. Or when you try to get into a car - you get in, but the character still stands outside for half a second, more than enough for a zed to hit you. So yeah, 2000 is way too much, I think 500-1000 would be enough.

• Like 1

Definitely too much, considering the clunkiness of DayZ. For instance, you find a hatchet, and if there's a sidearm in your hand, it takes likes 5 seconds to pick it up, because at first the character takes away the sidearm (veeery slowly), picks up the hatchet, does some random hand movements while there's nothing really in his hands, puts the hatchet in the inventory, and then takes the sidearm in his hands again. Or when you try to get into a car - you get in, but the character still stands outside for half a second, more than enough for a zed to hit you. So yeah, 2000 is way too much, I think 500-1000 would be enough.

Not to mention how Zombies run way too fast, hit through walls, zig zag so you can't shoot them and take 10 bullets to kill with a pistol

• Like 3

Sounds interesting. I have been playing DayZ 2017 a lot lately, looking for more of a survival challenge. Based on my experience, I think DayZ 2017 went too far for my tastes. You get sick of endless piles of empty cans after a while. Once you get the basic survival gear there is little point in venturing into towns at all, the risk/reward is skewed too far by reducing the reward to almost nil.

• Like 3

DayZ 2017 I think is more of a challenge but this is still quite hard.

It seems interesting but I'll stick to the public Hive until SA comes out...I'm already used to the mechanics of the game.

Thats how dayz should be from start my friend, running trough zombies like they are nothing in dayz current state its a joke, hopefully that would change in SA.

• Like 2

It's good though does have it's sissues. People use the new building mechanics to block off most decent places for weapons and even with a toolbox you can't remove them (though that's being fixed apparently). Also you find random stuff built in random places (ladders in the middle of a Church etc). The Zed damage is just a little too much but it does force you to be much more careful (but the slow animations as stated above really hamper this). There was a server I used play on for a while where the Zeds would knock you down (only doing a little damage with this) quite often though you didn't go unconscious and could get right back up but it felt more natural and gave them time to swarm without just one killing you in 5 hits like DayZ+, this should be added and hit damage reduced a bit IMO. I like how the hatchet has been nerfed a bit and the crowbar buffed a bit. I also like how the stupidly overpowered weapons and equipment has been taken out though it's still no walk in the park, last night nearly everyone I encountered was brandishing an AK and shot on sight which with less ammo available seemed to make PVP more likely. But it seems to be off on the right track with lots of new things (even just all the new clothing gives it a fresh feel).

I've been enjoying dayz+, though I don't think it's the end-all-be-all. Same with 2017, it's fun, but again, it's just another mod to play until SA.

Dayz+ I do like the fact that you can't run through towns as easily as before. Agro is insane. Also, gun shots bring all the zombies OUT. It's crazy. I got trapped in a long barn with like 30 zeds, haha. Had to leave my bambi partner behind.

I think the zed damage makes it much more challenging, which is good. Now you have to sneak through towns if you plan on looting any residential buildings. Didn't have any trouble finding decent gear. An hour after spawning in Solnichniy I had an MP5SD6, Makarov, Tent, 10 cans of food, a map but hardly any tools. Died in Stary military tents when a zed knocked me out, but lucky for me my MP5 was stored in a tent. Gotta go see if it's still there tonight

Playing it last night and the zombies are evil and not to be messed with

Decided to go up north and came across two heli crashes (heli's do not have smoke)

Picked up a nice batch of weapons

Camo is nice on this server, found urban camo and wood hunters camo which look sick.

It runs smooth.

Smoke looks better

Noticed you can't fully restore your health from eating food, so not sure about healing yourself if you play solo.

Can be hard trying to lose zombies, sitting in a tree wont help, running through buildings or a powerful gun are needed. I had zombies chasing me for miles last night lol.

Edited by L1CKEYSPL1T
  • Like 1

I love the fact that zombies are hard now, the game was more about pvp then zombies before, now this might force people to be friendly a bit more and team up instead of firing their guns and getting a mod of zombies after them.

Players should have to creep round towns instead of run like loons and just brush of a non zombie threat.

Silent weapons will be nice in a city filled with zombies.

Edited by L1CKEYSPL1T
  • Like 2

I like that the map had it's own model, and wasn't just a green bag. unfortunately when I played there was only 1 non-whitelist US server, and of course there was a hackster on it. it seems like there's more servers now, so maybe I'll give it another go

Also noticed that you can't build things without the right equipment, like tank traps and fencing, you can also choose which sort of fencing type you want to make which is nice.

Thats how dayz should be from start my friend, running trough zombies like they are nothing in dayz current state its a joke, hopefully that would change in SA.

Then decrease the player speed? We aren't Olympic athletes, yet we run like them in game.

I haven't played those versions, but IMHO if zombies are that much more dangerous, then having more vehicles or better way to secure a building is that much more important (iow no punching or teleporting through walls!).

The thing is, I recall old YouTube videos back when I first started playing where a guy would shoot an Enfield in Cherno or get trapped in a church or other building with one exit. I'd watch in horror as they would run out of bullets long before they ran out of zombies. That was before I realized you could kill every zombie in town with an ax.

Its harder because there is less food, less ammo(which doesnt replenish on logging out), less weapons and zombies kill you quickly.

Food doesnt restore so much blood, matches are rare, so basically unless you have a group or you are willing to co-operate you will have many problems restoring your health.

Its difficult, but its very fun :)