Sign in to follow this  
deejay2900

Your First Kill

My first kill starts with a previous game that stuffed up for some reason. I had looted an AKM from a broken down car and made my way to Zub where I logged off. Sadly it spawned me at the coast and turned me into a woman. Win

There was many reports of some bandit with a car in Cherno in the side channel. I though (As noob as I was back then) that I could ambush this bandit, blast his wheels and take the car for myself and go help some other noobs. I was searching an industrial warehouse for a wheel so I could repair the car after popping his wheels (This was back when nobody needed tool boxes for repairs). I made my way up to the top platform for my search without luck. Out of nowhere some hatchet weilding chick appears, hatchet swinging, coming for me. You can only guess what I used my Akm for.

Being the noob I was at the game I was soon pinned down by zombies on the top rail from firing those first shots. Slowly running out of ammo I decided I should be able to run and gun, but apparently if you do that you fall through the stairs and die. Winning. :o

• Like 1

Strange thing is for how much I lurk on this site this is one of the few times Ive posted anything.

In the end, I feel a strange satisfaction after killing Kenneth. No remorse, no twinge of guilt or regret. Now that I know the feeling of the kill there's part of me that wonders if or when it will happen again. That was my first kill - self defense against the young, blind, bloodthirsty rage of a young, inexperienced player in a rush for more loot or a better weapon. I suppose it really is kill or be killed out there. In my opinion these experiences and the lessons we learn from them are the very essence of DayZ. Like it or not, this is what we ask for when we enter the wasteland.

I like that you posted. It was a rather good reflection of how I feel about the game.

My first kill... I still remember it. I was still a rather new player. I'd been burned a lot for trusting people. I was in the further out firehouse in Elektro - the one directly next to a factory. I'd seen someone with an ax jogging around town, and while I was a little paranoid, I didn't let it slow me down too much. I went up into the firehouse anyway, hoping for gl0rious lootz.

On the 2nd floor, I saw something and I heard something - an AK-47 and footsteps from below. I looked down the stairs and saw Mr. Hatchet - he was looking at ground loot, didn't see me. I yelled in direct chat for him to leave (on mic). When I saw him stand up and turn towards the stairs, I went to the 3rd floor. I shouted again - "Don't come to the third floor. Final warning." I, like a lot of you, was shaking. I like getting into game, really experiencing them (Amnesia taught me the fun of it), so it felt a little real to me. Finally, I heard metallic footsteps - coming up. I aimed at the stairs, his head popped up, and I fired.

It wasn't any sort of glorious headshot or anything. He panicked - I wonder to this day if he could hear me, or if he had sound muted or something. It was a complete surprise to him. I was in skype with my buddies at the time, and as soon as the '____ was killed' popped up, I screamed, "I KILLED A MAN!!" and proceeded to question the morality of my actions for half an hour.

In the end, I felt like if he didn't have sound on, he might have not cared enough about the game to let me live. I think I was right in my decision. And it's one I've made plenty of times since, though I still prefer to not shoot on sight. But never hesitate to defend yourselves. I won't.

• Like 1

mine was accident i shot my mate in the face with a revolver (i was actually shooting a zombie and he run across my screen). we had a good laugh.

lol that must happen a lot!

I'm a month in, yet to kill or be killed by another player. Mixture of luck and caution. I've just jinxed myself I know.

• Like 1

My first kill was in one of the hotels in cherno, 1st floor.

I was waiting for my friends, we wanted to loot a hospital. After arriving in cherno and looting a hotel I found my first ALICE pack on the 1st floor, steadied my M1911 and aimed for the stairs, talking to my friends over TS3, when I heards footsteps on the groundlevel.

I quickly began writing in direct chat, that whoever is down there should not come up.

After what felt like hours of waiting a lone survivor showed up on the stairs and I put 7 bullets in his back... (before the dmg nerf, where every M1911 bullet could onehit a Z)

After realizing what I had done I walked to his corpse to loot him, only to find him unarmed. I shot a new spawned survivor, nothing to loot besides a flashlight.

I was really sad the whole day.

• Like 2

I was in Elektro at the hospital lootin some stuff, then a bandit came he tried to kill me with his makarov, he failed I took my AKM and made him down. I didnt feel anything at all, he deserved to die

• Like 1

That was a long time ago, when we were still given Mak's at start.

I was running to Elektro. Going into another barn looting, I saw a survivor lying in front of me (I was at his back). I got frightened as hell and unloaded a whole clip into his body, while he saw me and got up, trying to do q/e with the last bullet hitting his body...

It was so bitterful.

• Like 2

As a TMW medic i shouldnt really open fire unless in self defense, but i was playing before the TMW, you spawned with a makarov and there were only 10 servers

Killing was ripe on the beach and it was death traps even in small towns but i didnt kill people i just ran hide and crawled until:

I was on Teamspeak with my clan, most of them that played Dayz shot anything that moved for a laugh, they didnt understand the joy of working together with strangers and making new friends they just found it funny to backstab and who could get the best shot.

I spawned in at kamyshovo [Not spelt right] and it was pitch black but as i turned round to elektro i saw just over the street a flare! i annoyced it on Ts and they all pushed me saying "go on kill him Soul, Stop being such a pussy" and other words of delightful encouragement, i fell for it and crouched and started to stalk the fresh spawn. i saw him!

No bandit skin, nothing cool just the same gear as me. He was in the trees trying to work his way to the road to take him up north and i followed, weaving in and out of the bushes till i was withen range with my makarov.

I had to make the shot count, we were both armed and i was not experienced in combat and he could be. All the time i was shaking and on the edge of my seat, could i really kill someone? i mean its just pixels but i could relate to times of being shot, times of hardwork gone down the drain just for someones amusement and its a crap feeling. but The clan were still whispering in my ear and i saw him pop up 15 metres away from me looking in the other direction. I raised my makarov and poped him, i was such a shit shot only 2 out of the 5 shots fired hit and he ran an ducked. I lost sight.

To late to pull out if i apologise he will just shoot me, its his right to shoot me now i must try and survive. I lurked down the hill and got 3 bullets in me, i hid by a tree and bandaged, took painkillers and went round in a loop to were i thought he was, bullets rang out from the bush and i hit the deck and didnt even aim just unleashed hell into his hiding spot. I started to hear flies and felt a sudden surge of excitment! i did it! i had managed to do PvP! but as i looked through his gear.

I just started to feel disgust with myself, he had nothing of value, was not attacking me, he was just trying to get by and i realised that ruining someones hard work just to spit on them, its not my Character. I never played Dayz with the clan again and went solo trying to help people if possible until i heard of the TMW and signed up, i still remember the kill after all this time but not becuase i "killed" some pixels but because of the actual real time and emotion people put into the characters that they have worked to gear up and to destroy that for a laugh is not what i enjoy, i'd rather risk everything i worked for to help someone a little further then wipe their character clean. Of course i killed after that but only when fired upon. I have no guilt killing in defense situations becuase they chose to roll the dice and they lost. tough luck

• Like 3

I was wandering around when I came across a helicopter crash site. While I was new to the game, I knew from things I had read that crash sites spawn some of the best weapons in the game. I hid in a bush and watched the site for a while, and was glad that I did when I noticed that another player was already looting it. I took aim at him with my Winchester, but he was sniped before I pulled the trigger. I continued hiding for another few minutes, when I saw the killer - a bandit wearing a Ghillie suit, carrying a CZ 550. As he loot the player's body, I shot him in the head. After all was done, I had obtained a CZ 550, a FN FAL, an ALICE Pack, and a few other odds and ends. Unfortunately, having nice gear didn't automatically make me a better player and I was killed about twenty minutes later, but it was nice while it lasted.

• Like 1

Week into the game, hadn't killed anybody, never intended too. Starting playing with two semi experienced friends...mistake. We went to loot Cherno Supermarket on a full pop server. Mistake.

My friend with Ghille and AS50 said he would provide "overwatch", though from where he was in the tree line i knew he wouldn't be watching shit. My friend and I made our way slowly into town, we were walking, trying to go slow but too much aggro came down so we ran into the red house. We cooled down for a while. I said I'd clear the backdoor, he the front. We split up, trying to sweep the building correctly.

I rounded the corner of the stairs and a silly person was looting outside the back enterence not facing me. I frooze. I didn't want to kill. Blood pumping thinking what to do I reached for direct chat...but I was now putting my friends in direct danger. They started to move, I aimed down the sights....I came to the sad realisation that playing with people forces you into so many more violent confrontations. Why I prefer solo playing.

Then two things happened at the once. I opened fire into their back just as another AKM and a shotgun sounded from inside the store. My targert dropped and I ran inside and my friend was battling it out behind the aisles, he went down and so did the hostile. My friend was alive but had passed out from lack of blood.

I called to my sniper friend who was giving overwatch. "We some blood!" he was passing out every 30 seconds. To my disgust my friend didn't come. He ummed and arred, made all the excuses and logged off. Ohh okay. He just liked looking cool and running around with gear. I got some food for my friend, what I could find from bodies and the store. My friend logged off. I looted the store, found an M24 with rounds on one of the many dead people. Ran out the back door and was killed with one shot that I scarcely heard.

Never seen an M24 since...damn....

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 2

It may not be my first kill, but it is one of the oldest I know of.

I was, at the time, a new player to DayZ, and didn't fully get the entire concept of the game.

I traveled in the once ideally cursed city of Cherno, patrolling with a Lee Enfield strapped to my back and a M1911 sitting comfortably in my hand. I was with a buddy at the time, so I knew we weren't alone when I heard the gunshot, saw his name in the death message, which then followed by the usual curse of defeat. I wen't running as fast as I could, doing my best to avoid the shots of what I presume to be an AK. I ducked in a red residential home nearby and took my position at the end of the room-hallway. Armed with my Lee, I wait, heart beating like a drum, counting down to the moment he entered and poked his head out in the entrance door. Then...

...boom.

I fired the .303 round into the guys head, proving an instant kill. I practically jumped for joy and celebrate with a delicious can of Fanta.

Twas a good day, and I got my first Automatic assault rifle of DayZ.

That is how the legend of the S'more began...

Edited by The Smorski
  • Like 1

Wow, some interesting stories. I loved them all.

I just started to feel disgust with myself, he had nothing of value, was not attacking me, he was just trying to get by and i realised that ruining someones hard work just to spit on them, its not my Character. I never played Dayz with the clan again and went solo trying to help people if possible until i heard of the TMW and signed up, i still remember the kill after all this time but not becuase i "killed" some pixels but because of the actual real time and emotion people put into the characters that they have worked to gear up and to destroy that for a laugh is not what i enjoy, i'd rather risk everything i worked for to help someone a little further then wipe their character clean. Of course i killed after that but only when fired upon. I have no guilt killing in defense situations becuase they chose to roll the dice and they lost. tough luck

Good story man. I really wanted to be in the TMW but I never heard back from them about the whole training thing. Was it worth going through their "requirements" and all that? Id really enjoy more tactical, coordinated gameplay with other people who are more "mature" about the game.

It was a long time ago, but i remember this guy ran into the barracks i was plundering, bringing a huge zombie train behind him.

As i could hear him scream "Hey man don't shoot!" i unloaded my AKM into his face.

I would have felt bad but man those zombies were endless.

lol that must happen a lot!

I'm a month in, yet to kill or be killed by another player. Mixture of luck and caution. I've just jinxed myself I know.

The shit thing about it was it was my second life in Dayz and had only just managed to find my mate who had been going for nearly a month on one life. i got to take his gear though. FAL with nightvision was pretty stoked to get that at that stage of my dayz career. i nearly left all his stuff there but he yelled at me to take his shit otherwise someone else would get it.

I posted this yesterday in another thread but it just so happens to be my first kill(s) as well andddd I'm not retyping the whole story.

So there I was, in Cherno, minding my own business when over direct a group of Medics(4 guys) asked if I wanted to team up. (It was more along the lines of, "Were going to pick someone up, friendly or die.") So I join them and they have me dump all of my eqpt and haul jerry cans to a heli they had hidden off in the boony's. Once embarked on the helicopter we fly to their friend up north. We land and go to heal their buddy when out of nowhere someone snipes our pilot, firefight ensues and we win. (Now me and 3 guys) At this point there is mass VOIP chatter about no one knowing how to fly and 'this helicopter is too valuable to let some half-way pilot fly' blablabla... and we need to get to the pilot who was all the way across map. I chime in and claim I can fly great, ill pick up my gear they had me drop and then go pick up the pilot. After a lengthy persuasion they agree so I get in the chopper, load everyone up and tell them to load in gear, we take off and I head towards the pilot.

We find the pilot running along the coastal highway and without hesitation I nosedive the chopper into the ground within eye sight of the pilot. I promptly told/taught them a lesson in kidnapping and proceeded to be hunted for the remainder of the night.

Nighttime, coming up on Zelenogorsk from the South, stopped by that barn on the hill looking for food. Flare inside. Gunfire. I hunker down behind the big rock, watch as three guys run in and out of the barn for a couple minutes. All had primary weapons, I had a pre-nerf revolver. When they moved on down the road toward Z-gorsk, I headed into the barn to see what they left behind. Picked up some flares and a jerry can, then walked around a stack of crates to see a guy laying prone with an AK leveled at me. Flipped my wig, emptied the revolver into him, ran into the woods without even looting the body. Didn't look back.

I played for about a month (waiting for SA now) and killed one person that whole time. I had looted devil's castle and was on my way out. I noticed there were zombies already roaming around outside which alerted me to this persons presence. I caught him out of the corner of my eye and I saw a weapon and I just lit him up with my m249.

We were a group of 6 people rolling peacefully through Cherno. As we get in and up on the first floor of Cherno firehouse one of us suddenly sees that we are seven. In the middle og our group on that tiny place, we were placed in a circle around this guy that just kept looking around, staying all quite. We coulden't decide what to do with him, since he was armed with a M1014. Then out of nothing all of us 6 just decide to just all fill him with a clip of whatever gun we had.. He died.. Badly. Best time I ever had in DayZ.

Yeah it was on sunday actually. I was in a village somewhere that was near a lighthouse and had a railway station, not sure where but anyway.

I was waiting for friends to show up and give me kit, then some new player ran past, it was clear he didn't know what to do and so I said in chat I would help him....

I kinda missed 5 zombies and hit him in the head.....

He rage quit :P