Sign in to follow this  
robotpenguin

Do you feel bad about taking things from other people's tents?

Without them knowing?

The server I play on is mostly active, but when I had got on I was literally the only one on, and I logged in near the NWAF. So I thought might as well hit it up. I get there and check out the barracks, but then I find a bunch tents a few feet away with a butt-ton of supplies. I start to wonder if I should take these, since the weapons in there were so scarce (SAWs and G17s) and the people here probably worked hard to get them. But since this game shows no mercy, I take the weapons and the supplies I need. I leave my previous weapons in there as some kind of compensation and continue scavenging.

Do you guys have second thoughts about theft in this game?

I never really take the items I just let off some steam with my hatchet until the tents go flatter than a underage girls stuffed bra

• Like 4

On the odd occasion that I stumble upon a well hidden tent, I like to have a little fun with it.

Me and a friend filled (50 slots) a random tent with firewood, just to pass the time.

I like to think the owner lost some food and ammo, but got a laugh out of it.

More likely, he was royally pissed off.

If notepads were part of the game, I would have written a letter of apology.

Or maybe an IOU.

EDIT: People keep their important gear on them, so anything in tents is probably surplus.

Scavenge to survive. It's fair game.

Edited by Chabowski

Recently came across about 20 or so tents In the hills west of Lapatino. Excitement soon turned to disappointment as not a single one had anything in them. I never seem to find anything good in tents, better off just risking it at NWAF.

I've come across quite a few fully stocked tents in the south, and when I find them I tend to assume they were a hackers stash and bleed them dry over how many lives I can. Don't feel bad at all, as they should have hid it better and my need was obviously more so than theirs ;p

I feel pretty good about it.

I never really take the items I just let off some steam with my hatchet until the tents go flatter than a underage girls stuffed bra

dam it never occured to me to use a axe to flatten a tent.. i usualy use a vehicle..

thx. ill keep that nugget of info tucked away..

yes i flatten every tent i find. if i can..

I take what I need, and leave the rest. I think only scumbags trash camps. (with the exception to duper camps) But being as it is DayZ it's all fair game.

• Like 2

I take what I need, and leave the rest. I think only scumbags trash camps. (with the exception to duper camps) But being as it is DayZ it's all fair game.

At the very least it's a waste of resources; knowing where a nicely stocked tent is can be a huge advantage.

• Like 1

When/If the world goes to hell, if I ever come across a tent or camp. You best believe I'd have a look. I like to play the game as close to how I would in real life. Lame? Maybe, just adds that much more realism to my experience though.

So yes, I usually look through others tents and take two or three things. Not completely drain them though.

Edited by Preston1

Never really stock mine with ammo or weapons... just medical supplies, food and drink. Sometimes some extra hatchets, knives, map. The necessary stuff.

If i run into someone's tent, i take a look and if its full of weapons... goodbye. Gotta be real about this stuff.

Normally I just snag a few things that I'd really need, then leave it be. Only once did I come across a super stock tent, and it was pretty clear either this was a group's work, or someone harvesting gear, so it was time for a bit of fun.

Spend a good half hour taking out all the items stocked up, and scattered them around like easter eggs for them to search around for. Left the tent standing, and left laughing my ass off. Bet they must have had one hell of a time looking for all that loot.

I take the stuff I like, and destroy everything else cause i'm an evil bitch.

• Like 1

If I happen to come across a tent and it has gear in it I need (weapons, ammo) - I'll take what I need, mark it on my map and go on my way.

One time I found an empty tent - so I thought I'd be nice and fill it with empty whiskey bottles and cans. Took me quite some time (I could have been looking for gear myself) - but this was too hard to pass up.

I never feel guilty, dayz is about survival afterall and anyway if i found it then it wasn't hidden well enough, also 9 times out of 10 the tents owner, if he were to find my tents would surely help himself.

If i find a large organised camp i don't just take all i can carry or like some folks, trash it, i just take what i 'need' and then keep revisiting whenever i need a top up, the idea is they never notice it's been rumbled and keep restocking it rather than moving it elsewhere. Never bite the hand that feeds you.

I've not found a tent yet, but when I do, I'll be taking anything of use and slinking off back into the woods with a big grin on my face.

It's hard to find a good spot for tents. There are a few areas in the woods that have tightly clustered conifers that cover about an acre or two. Those usually work for me. I have learned though that it is always best to spread your goods throughout the map and stay away from the idea of a "base".

All in all though, I'll take stuff from tents seeing as its not really a hostile action.

Without them knowing?

The server I play on is mostly active, but when I had got on I was literally the only one on, and I logged in near the NWAF. So I thought might as well hit it up. I get there and check out the barracks, but then I find a bunch tents a few feet away with a butt-ton of supplies. I start to wonder if I should take these, since the weapons in there were so scarce (SAWs and G17s) and the people here probably worked hard to get them. But since this game shows no mercy, I take the weapons and the supplies I need. I leave my previous weapons in there as some kind of compensation and continue scavenging.

Do you guys have second thoughts about theft in this game?

If someone placed a bunch of tents a few feet away from barracks at NWAF they clearly did not care if anyone found them.

• Like 1

Not one bit, i used to take out tents and steal vehicles to dominate a sever but players just quit and gave up with no fightback, so now i leave them and take only what i need.

It's just easier to use tents players keep filling up.

• Like 1