Sign in to follow this  
OneNineSe7en

Install Question

Hey guys,

I have DayZ installed and it seems to be working fine, I used the Six Luancher to complete this. Here is my question....What is the Dayz Commander, do I need it? Can I just install it with my current configuration or will that mess up my current working install? Also what are the main differeneces and perks to DayZ Commander vs Six Launcher?

Thanks in advance

-OneNineSe7en

DayZ Commander vs Six Launcher

You dont *need* either of them, but they are helpful.

They are *just* launchers and each has their pro's and cons.

Personally I use Dayz commander for Dayz and Armarize (another launcher) to handle my other mods.

It's down to personal choice.

Rgds

LoK

Hey guys,

I have DayZ installed and it seems to be working fine, I used the Six Luancher to complete this. Here is my question....What is the Dayz Commander, do I need it? Can I just install it with my current configuration or will that mess up my current working install? Also what are the main differeneces and perks to DayZ Commander vs Six Launcher?

Thanks in advance

-OneNineSe7en

Having both installed will not interfere with playing the game. DayZCommander is highly regarded as being more user friendly and having some key features such as favorites and a friends list. Its all personal choice but most players will tell you to go with DayZCommander.

It does pretty much the same stuff as six: keeping mod up to date, installing other maps, server browser etc. I just find it quicker and the layout more intuitive. The server browser is excellent for keeping a favourites list, keeping track of your recent servers and for seeing where your friends are playing.

I sound like an advertisement but I'm really just a happy user :)

Another thing about DayZ Commander that hasn't been mentioned is notes. You can keep notes about where you are, what you have, etc. on a given server. Handy if you play private hives.

I like DayZ commander for two reasons

1. Installing the mod and updating everything is a breeze even for somebody (me) who has never modded a game

2. Server Favorites another feature that is really nice