Pomegranate

Don't even make third-person an option for DayZ standalone

Third person will be fixed in standalone. I think their going to make it zoom on your character when you are near a wall or something.

Now there's a solution I like. Otherwise, I really like 3rd person, it makes surveying surroundings/team easier and it's obviously nice to see your character's gear and look, take that out and you have epic fail.

After a little more thought, the idea of going into a menu to switch camera angles isn't bad. (I haven't seen any confirmation personally, but everyone keeps mentioning it)(a link would be nice)

I'm sure everyone understands the fear and tension that FPV adds, I do anyway, but for marathons, gear management and camping banter, I like to see what's going on.

The way it would encourage you to play is exactly how I play anyway. ^_^

After a little more thought, the idea of going into a menu to switch camera angles isn't bad. (I haven't seen any confirmation personally, but everyone keeps mentioning it)(a link would be nice)

I'm sure everyone understands the fear and tension that FPV adds, I do anyway, but for marathons, gear management and camping banter, I like to see what's going on.

The way it would encourage you to play is exactly how I play anyway. ^_^

I think Rocket's previous video update revealed it, when he briefly went into the options menu.

PS, all you people wanting first person only? What would be your argument if people started saying they wanted third person only? Pretty sure you'd come to the inevitable decision saying 'why not just make it a server side option?'.

If something, I would ask for a FP only server side option, and not a FP/3p mix like some here do, some say here fp is flawed and dont ask for a 3p only server option, they just ask for 3p not be removed from FP/3p mix and that is stupid.

Also my argument would be.... well I would need to think about it, because I dont even know what would be the good points of being 3p only

Just turn off head bobble and first person is fine. Yeah it needs some work but I don't think there should be 3rd person in SA

Just turn off head bobble and first person is fine. Yeah it needs some work but I don't think there should be 3rd person in SA

No it is not..people literally have to play 3rd person constantly (unless aiming) because they have STIMULATION SICKNESS....3rd person eases this...alot

I like 3rd person because it gives a good sense of self awareness and it’s a lot better for those long runs through the wilderness. Why not just make it so player/zombie/item models don’t render unless in LOS so if you want to see around a corner in 3rd person you still need to peak.

No it is not..people literally have to play 3rd person constantly (unless aiming) because they have STIMULATION SICKNESS....3rd person eases this...alot

"stimulation sickness"? So they get sick when they get stimulated? I feel sorry for them. But like I said it needs work, yet it should be done since it is more realistic, immersive, and doesn't allow you to glitch look at stuff. It is just stupid that you can look at stuff that you wouldn't see without 3rd person, but as I said it needs improments to the FOV and stuff.

Now there's a solution I like. Otherwise, I really like 3rd person, it makes surveying surroundings/team easier and it's obviously nice to see your character's gear and look, take that out and you have epic fail.

It sounds good until you've seen that solution in action. It only serves to give people motion sickness and will very likely be buggy as all shit.

If something, I would ask for a FP only server side option, and not a FP/3p mix like some here do, some say here fp is flawed and dont ask for a 3p only server option, they just ask for 3p not be removed from FP/3p mix and that is stupid.

Also my argument would be.... well I would need to think about it, because I dont even know what would be the good points of being 3p only

You responded to a comment that was made in January. GG.