mattlightfoot

DayZ Screenshot competition winner

Hello everyone,

Right there were loads of fantastic screenshots and it made choosing a winner extremely difficult which is why it has taken us a day or so to actually decide. However here is the winning entry

Congratulations we will be in touch to send you your super fun prize and then pictures will be posted of said prize

The next competition will be announced in the not too distant future

SNwkG.jpg

Very nice! Well done to them. Just a shame about the low res model.

I wonder what this "Super fun" prize will be?

Teamwork

Dark nights

Moon lit shadows

A lonely flashlight

Carngage in desolated streets

The essence of DayZ

Not bad for a screen grab, congratulations!

Teamwork

Dark nights

Moon lit shadows

A lonely flashlight

Carngage in desolated streets

The essence of DayZ

This. Other screenshots sadly were lacking of 1 or 2 elements to make their win certain.

yaaaah full gamma is teh win :D

More like game breaking, this is lacking color because the player is low on blood.

Congratulations on the win! Great screenshot!

How do you get such sharp textures at night? Mine always seem kind of blurred.

Congratulations on the win! Great screenshot!

How do you get such sharp textures at night? Mine always seem kind of blurred.

Blurred? Check to make sure your 3D Resolution matches your Screen Resolution. If they don't match it gets blurry.

Not a bad choice, I liked the one with the guy sitting in the grass next to the pond looking at the empty house. I think that should get the super awesome second place position because that screenshot was gorgeous.

great screenshot I wish they hadnt turned the gamma/brightness up so much so it was a tad darker

awesome screen none the less

Is that why the whole picture is black and white, despite the flashlight being on?

Personally, i love how the city is full of dead bodies in this shot. It would be awesome and atmospheric if there were static dead bodies in the city at all times, just to get the point "apocalypse" across. It just seems a bit too barren, especially considering the deadly zombies running around.

Personally' date=' i love how the city is full of dead bodies in this shot. It would be awesome and atmospheric if there were static dead bodies in the city at all times, just to get the point "apocalypse" across. It just seems a bit too barren, especially considering the deadly zombies running around.

[/quote']

Zombies do love to eat dead bodies though :)

ooh so what teh prize then eh ??

hey is there a way to hide the HUD/UI for screenshot purposes in this awesome game ?!

ooh so what teh prize then eh ??

hey is there a way to hide the HUD/UI for screenshot purposes in this awesome game ?!

I use photoshop CS for that. Its got a very cool Repairtool, very easy to use. It cuts these icons out and fills the gaps so you dont see anything.