Sign in to follow this  
Minariability

How many of you bought arma 2 just for dayz?

I admit I bought Arma 2 CO just to play DayZ. Then I started hearing about other mods like Takistan life,wasteland,etc. and have been playing those as well.

Purely for DayZ. I actually have issues with the ARMA 2 engine and the mechanics they utilize, but the potential of DayZ keeps me very invested in the game.

I did. I have no regrets. I put enough time into the game to completely justify the $15 alone (WOOOH STEAM SALES!)

Love this game, I kind've want to try out Arma 2, but I don't have a full keyboard (Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid) and a lot of hotkeys are on the num pad so. :<

Pah, pre DayZ. Loved ArmA 2, still do. DayZ is a nice addition though.

Bought every ARMA game ever made last year as part of a sale, including DLC never played it much. Just too damn clunky.

Got to the point that I was getting pretty bored with gaming in general. Nothing had that one thing that made it fun. All just cut and pasted of other games in their genres. I started reading about the WarZ fiasco and DayZ was mentioned a lot so I looked it up, not knowing it was an ARMA CO mod. I installed it and I've loved it

Bought ArmA 2 for DayZ but have had some fun on the other mods available for this game. Currently been playing Wasteland and will say buying Arma 2 and OA has more than paid off.

Hello there

I couldn't exist without my Bohemia games.

Many other games have come and gone but their sandbox milsim is the only one that's constantly stayed on my machine since OFP came out.

But recently I'm finding the engine just a little long in the tooth, so am looking forward to the A3 Public test. For me, the old engine just feels so "clunky" on occasions. Mods help a bit but it's time for some improvements.

So, back to the point, nope, I had A2/OA all along :)

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

Bought it for Dayz and haven't actually touched Arma 2 by itself. Think Dayz was worth the 20 bucks I spent on it :o

• Like 1

Bought it for DayZ. Willing to try normal Arma 2. Kinda dont wanna mess up the dayz mod tho lol

played arma games long before dayz, and i still think dayz is number 2 behind the ACE mod.

and now we wait for the standalone...

Bought it for Dayz and haven't actually touched Arma 2 by itself. Think Dayz was worth the 20 bucks I spent on it :o

Oh, snap!

I admit I bought Arma 2 CO just to play DayZ. Then I started hearing about other mods like Takistan life,wasteland,etc. and have been playing those as well.

Only thing is, these aren't mods. These are mission files, and to be honest, Life was ruined by the people who came from DayZ and turned it into a deathmatch.

Bought it for DayZ. Willing to try normal Arma 2. Kinda dont wanna mess up the dayz mod tho lol

Don't worry mate, just disable DayZ in the Arma menu and then you're good to go.

I'm an Arma fan-boy I'm afraid. I loved OFP too back in the day. The engine has never been perfect but the pro's have always outweighed the cons for me. I've spent about £30 on Arma2, OA and the DLC's and DayZ came when I was starting to get bored of Arma, so timing wise it was perfect and for my money I've had hundreds of hours of fun.

I'm really looking forward to Arma 3 though, some early vids of it look truly amazing. If you like anything military and you like games then go and have a look on Youtube.

I know I sound like an advert but like I said, I'm a fanboy :) (not a blind one though ;) )

Edited by Fraggle

Bought ArmA2 back in the beginning of 2010 because i saw a video on youtube and been playing it since ^^

However i bought Arrowhead for dayz and so that i could use all the mods for it : )

when i first tried arma i thought what is this piece of shit !

i used to laugh at others who played it :lol:

when i got into dayz though that all changed and i ended up playing other mods and loving it !

still don't like the original game though and its really the mods that make the purchase worth while. B)

so without mods nope

with mods some of best gaming there is on pc :)

• Like 1

I hadn't played any games for about a year and was really bored so I decided to try to find something to do, downloaded "The Hunter" and it was boring and the trees were rendered as green cubes by my graphics card, so I downloaded "America's Army 3" and it was a terrible mistake, so I downloaded...

And so it continued until I downloaded ArmA 2 Free and it was good. With the editor, there wasn't much I couldn't do... except DayZ. I was gonna just buy Operation Arrowhead but luckily Steam had a sale and I got both for peanuts.

Arma 2 combined operations was #1 seller on steam for like 11 weeks straight , what does that say about how many of us bought arma 2 just for Dayz?

Personally I've never even heard of Arma or BIS for that matter until Dayz. Definitely interesting in trying out Arma 3.